No announcement yet.

skipload question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not Skip by any stretch, but aren't you in offseason mode Rocky? I really doubt that you need to depend on your refeed to keep you "anabolic". I would tend to say to do it on the day that is most convenient for you. I always did that when I worked with Skip. The thing that matters is that you do it...mine varied from Sat to Sun, depending on what I was doing that weekend...I am usually doing it on Sat though...
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

• Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
      I am not Skip by any stretch, but aren't you in offseason mode Rocky? I really doubt that you need to depend on your refeed to keep you "anabolic". I would tend to say to do it on the day that is most convenient for you. I always did that when I worked with Skip. The thing that matters is that you do it...mine varied from Sat to Sun, depending on what I was doing that weekend...I am usually doing it on Sat though...
      thank you, that s what i was asking...i wsnt sure if even in offseason mode it made a huge difference whether the skipload day was moved either one day up or down from the normal schedule
      2006 NPC SUPERIOR NOVICE AND OPEN MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION
      2006 NPC MIDFLORIDA CLASSIC LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Removed..No free advertising!

Comment

• Remember, I'm just telling you what I've done...I always cleared things with Skip whenever I made any change. Dieting may be different, as he would want to see when you baseline...anything Skip says will obviously override what I've said, since he is the man and he makes the rules...
        STEEL

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky View Post
          thank you, that s what i was asking...i wsnt sure if even in offseason mode it made a huge difference whether the skipload day was moved either one day up or down from the normal schedule
          My apologies. I thought that it was going to be moved no matter what and you were asking which way it should be shifted, not whether or not moving it was an option.
          2010 NPC North Star- DNP

Comment

• it s all good, sometimes i too tend to overanalyze things, which is silly especially in the offseason when we got a steady surplus of cals in our bodies and supps to even be remotely catabolic from little changes like that

Comment

• Ok what about this one.

If I'm skip loading for say 8-10 hours and I'm only 1-2 lb up the next morning then I'm back to baseline within 1-2 days?

Comment

• Originally posted by LOCUST1978 View Post
                Ok what about this one.

If I'm skip loading for say 8-10 hours and I'm only 1-2 lb up the next morning then I'm back to baseline within 1-2 days?
                I always start off my responses with "I am not Skip"....I realize you know this, BUT, I don't want anyone thinking I am trying to speak for him......I give my experiences only, or relay things how Skip laid them out for me, so.....In my experience, when I gained that little, I simply wasn't eating enough, or not drinking enough water during the refeed time.....I usually baselined about 4 days in and then whallah!....2lb loss most weeks.....
                STEEL

Comment

• Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                  I always start off my responses with "I am not Skip"....I realize you know this, BUT, I don't want anyone thinking I am trying to speak for him......I give my experiences only, or relay things how Skip laid them out for me, so.....In my experience, when I gained that little, I simply wasn't eating enough, or not drinking enough water during the refeed time.....I usually baselined about 4 days in and then whallah!....2lb loss most weeks.....
                  Very important factors for sure...amazing the changes you get when you do those 2 things.
                  Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

• Originally posted by LOCUST1978 View Post
                    Ok what about this one.

That was me last week, but why do we need to gain like 20lbs? Isn't the point of the load to spark the metabolism? Not gain a ton of weight? I'm just asking because I'm new to this.
                    For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

• Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
                      That was me last week, but why do we need to gain like 20lbs? Isn't the point of the load to spark the metabolism? Not gain a ton of weight? I'm just asking because I'm new to this.
                      Everyone's weight gain is different...from a few lb's to many lb's...personally I usually only gain between 3 and 5 lbs. My baseline doesn't come until about Friday or even Saturday, but always by Sunday...(except for the last weekend when Skip made me eat everything he was having)

Comment

• this is weird...i started playing with skiploading since last weekend...i gained 2 lbs from baseline by sunday morning (my skipload is on saturdays, went from 207 to 209)....this weekend i managed to eat more high gi carbs than 1st weekend and i woke up at 208lbs!!!wtf!

note: after my first skipload i never baselined, i just went from 209 to 208 and stayed there until the next load saturday. this morning day after preload i woke up at 208 still
                        Last edited by Rocky; 03-20-2011, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                          Everyone's weight gain is different...from a few lb's to many lb's...personally I usually only gain between 3 and 5 lbs. My baseline doesn't come until about Friday or even Saturday, but always by Sunday...(except for the last weekend when Skip made me eat everything he was having)
                          Similar as me, except I baseline by Thursday usually.
                          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                            What I meant to say here was by Sunday my weight is usually a lb or so down from the prior Sunday...but I hit my baseline on Friday or Saturday...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky View Post
                              this is weird...i started playing with skiploading since last weekend...i gained 2 lbs from baseline by sunday morning (my skipload is on saturdays, went from 207 to 209)....this weekend i managed to eat more high gi carbs than 1st weekend and i woke up at 208lbs!!!wtf!

note: after my first skipload i never baselined, i just went from 209 to 208 and stayed there until the next load saturday. this morning day after preload i woke up at 208 still
                              Rock, I think Steel mentioned it before, perhaps you didn't eat and/or drink enough?
                              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

• Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                                Rock, I think Steel mentioned it before, perhaps you didn't eat and/or drink enough?
                                what i just said is that i ate (and probably drank) more on my second skipload this weekend yet my weight stayed at 208lbs which is 1 pound over baseline of 207lbs...anyone has had similar experience?

Comment

Working...
                                X