skipload question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
    I'm in no way, shape, or form trying to speak for Skip, but here is how I understand/interpret it:

1. He has made it clear how he feels about dairy during a re-feed..
    2. I don't think you should be eating oatmeal during a re-feed anyway. Too low on the GI scale, too much fiber etc..
    3. He has said how he feels about honey to some extent during this thread
    4. In the dvd he says to make sure you are still getting your same amount of protein during the day.
    1.Yeah I understand, but if it's towards the end of the refeed it would make sense on some levels as the dairy would help with digestion and to curb any further appetite.
    2.For the oatmeal I was talking about the ones filled with sugar.

I appreciate the answers though.

Comment

• so are you suggesting to use LBAs as opposed to either protein shakes or chicken breast to be able to eat more carbs during skipload?
      2006 NPC SUPERIOR NOVICE AND OPEN MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION
      2006 NPC MIDFLORIDA CLASSIC LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Removed..No free advertising!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky View Post
        so are you suggesting to use LBAs as opposed to either protein shakes or chicken breast to be able to eat more carbs during skipload?
        I don't, no.

Skip
        www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
        Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: IntenseMuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• so just eat less protein but stick to the same protein sources we use during the week?
          2006 NPC SUPERIOR NOVICE AND OPEN MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION
          2006 NPC MIDFLORIDA CLASSIC LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Removed..No free advertising!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky View Post
            so are you suggesting to use LBAs as opposed to either protein shakes or chicken breast to be able to eat more carbs during skipload?
            I was not speaking for Skip, only saying that I like LBAs, and they offer protein with no fat, and are easy to digest.

I have never worked with Skip, so my views should be taken with a grain of salt. I appologize that I was not more clear.

Comment

• I have been working with skip since last June and at no point has skip given me any number for the refeed, I have been to busy eating to count calories on my reefed day

When we started working together I asked about number but it soon sunk in that it was about the hours of the refeed not the calories as long as you eat what you crave and make sure the fats are lower than normal.....
              2012:
              NABBA South West Class Winner
              NABBA Britain 4th place
              NABBA Worlds 6th place
              2010:
              NABBA British finals top 6
              NABBA South West UK class winner
              2008:
              NABBA British finals top 3
              NABBA South West UK Class winner
              2007:
              NABBA South West UK Class winner & Overall

Comment

• Hi guys apologies if this has been covered but would a 6 hour skipload session be beneficial on a lean/clean bulk? .I weight train 3 x PW and CV x 3 on days off ,was going to use the skipload technique on sunday Morning [my day day off].

Meal 1: Oats,honey pancakes,maple syrup+ whey
                Meal 2 & 3: Pasta,lo-fat cheese,chicken and lasange cheese based sauces.

Diet is clean rest of the week and controlled.

Thanks ,really enjoying the DVD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ethan8 View Post
                  Hi guys apologies if this has been covered but would a 6 hour skipload session be beneficial on a lean/clean bulk? .I weight train 3 x PW and CV x 3 on days off ,was going to use the skipload technique on sunday Morning [my day day off].

Meal 1: Oats,honey pancakes,maple syrup+ whey
                  Meal 2 & 3: Pasta,lo-fat cheese,chicken and lasange cheese based sauces.

Diet is clean rest of the week and controlled.

Thanks ,really enjoying the DVD.
                  I think you need to watch the seminar again.

Comment

• Just finished watching the seminar section ,I will go back over it if I've missed something,apologies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ethan8 View Post
                      Just finished watching the seminar section ,I will go back over it if I've missed something,apologies.
                      I think you will find have better success with other food choices. More processed. Stay away from oats, especially as the first meal. Too much fiber, too "pure" of a carb source. May also want to rethink the cheese even with it being low fat. With the foods you have listed, I don't see you getting in enough carbs to be hungry again soon enough to really take advantage of the skipload (the syrup and pancakes are ok, try sugary cereal or something instead of oatmeal etc.), but try it and see if it works.

Comment

• Ahh I see ,I thought I was in error trying to use it on the lean bulk ,my fault.

I thought Readybrek [a UK lighter oat cereal] has very little fibre but just realised it has alot ,I will sub this for a kiddy hi-sugar/low-fibre cereal.

Maple syrup was a ripoff price here ,I have honey but honey is low GI from memory ,so I went with a nutella copy for the pancakes but obviously that has some fat so I think a high sugar yogurt or syrup is best.

Might dump the cheese ,went with white pasta and low fat sauce ,will finalise it before sunday.

Thanks for the help ,much appreciated.

Comment

• Check out this thread here...lots of great refeed choices...

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=33411
                          Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

• Thanks very much ,.will check it out now.

Would metformin be useful on skipload day? I've ALA mentioned?

Or is that a question for a sub forum?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• I hit you back with a PM. Sorry, I didn't see this thread until now.

Skip
                              www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
                              Facebook: Skip Hill
                              Instagram: IntenseMuscle
                              YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Just got that ,my internet was playing up ,thanks for taking the time to help Skip and other guys ,much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X