No announcement yet.

skipload question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am not going to answer this, it's skips thread, but you may be overthinking this a bit. who said you wont be depleted by the end of the week? esp. if you are only eating enough carbs to GROW and stay lean, there's still going to be room for a load right? i need to just let skip answer, this is his baby, and this is why he gets paid the big bucks and writes each plan according to the individual. you may need more or less carbs than me, it all depends on a lot of things.
    2009- Muscle Mayhem 2nd place lightweights
    2009- Mo State Champ 1st place lightweights
    2010- Muscle Mayhem 9th place middleweights

next show
    2012- Mo State Championships middleweight

Official NANBF Judge

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
      I would like to hear more on offseason skiploading too. I have been doing it for a couple months now, and I use the same principle as precontest I suppose. Checking my baseline making sure I am not going below. I have been gaining slowly and steadily. I eat a lot of carbs during the week, mostly sweet potatoes, brown/jasmine rice, oatmeal, ezekiel and whole wheat toast. Then on sunday I go high GI in accordance with skiploading principles. My refeeds are six hours and I am not getting in nearly as many carbs as people precontest, but that is to be expected. Thats just me though, hopefully I am on the right track.
      i am going by what he said...i too eat a lot of carbs durng the week, hell even if we did eat medium amounts of carbs there will be no way our glycogen stores could be remotely depleted by sunday...
      2006 NPC SUPERIOR NOVICE AND OPEN MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION
      2006 NPC MIDFLORIDA CLASSIC LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Removed..No free advertising!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky View Post
        i m confused... if you are already eating so many carbs during the week what is there really to "refeed" on the weekend? i thought the basis of skiploading is that it DOES work on the premises that we end up the week in a depleted state, thus making the body more receptive of high GI carbs taken for 6 hours or more.
        another thing is this: assuming that you are already eating all these carbs mon thru sat, and REFFEDING on sunday with even more carbs, how can you wake up monday morning and actually even remotely want to continue eating carbohidates, even from rice and such? i would think by monday morning you are so sick in the stomach, or at least so overcarbed, that all you can handle is pure protein shake and lots of water for at least 1 whole day!
        Skiploading during a diet is when you will find yourself in a depleted state by the end of the week. Skiploading in the offseason you will not. The load in the offseason, though, is still going to keep your metabolism running hot because you will get a surge of calories to keep the metabolism off guard AND you get the anabolic effect from the insulin response. The load in the offseason isn't going to be anywhere near the amount of carbs that it would be while dieting .. due to not being depleted and ... when you aren't as depleted, you won't be as hungry and we all know (even BD) that we are going off of hunger for the load.

Skip
        www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
        Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: IntenseMuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky View Post
          but wouldnt you want to go on a low carb day at least on monday so that by tuesday you can handle low GI carbs again?
          If you want to, go ahead. The diet during the week is not "set" for everyone the same. Some people might need low or no carb but .... there are plenty of people that go right back to their usual carb intake for that day and some people have metabolisms that support 400g or more of carbs a day and they still refeed. One guy that I have right now is doing over 7k calories so his carbs are through the roof all during the week and he still loads on Sundays. I will be posting some pics of him as he is now 291.

Skip
          www.TEAMSKIP.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
            ... when you aren't as depleted, you won't be as hungry and we all know (even BD) that we are going off of hunger for the load.

Skip
            Do you mean hunger or yearning for carbs?
            http://www.truenutrition.com/ Discount Code for 5 % - 10% off:
            BNK573
            To all Europeans: Best quality I ever had and shipment took 9 days only.

Future is a result of present movements!

(At the present-day in the world of today).

Comment

• Originally posted by blackdog1996 View Post
              Do you mean hunger or yearning for carbs?
              Does this come naturally or do you force it?

Skip
              www.TEAMSKIP.com

Comment

• Hunger comes naturally of course. But when you are low carb through the week for example, why should you be more hungry than going medium carb through the week although you are more depleted?
                http://www.truenutrition.com/ Discount Code for 5 % - 10% off:
                BNK573
                To all Europeans: Best quality I ever had and shipment took 9 days only.

Future is a result of present movements!

(At the present-day in the world of today).

Comment

Hunger comes naturally of course. But when you are low carb through the week for example, why should you be more hungry than going medium carb through the week although you are more depleted?
                  Really? And so it begins....again....
                  STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    Does this come naturally or do you force it?

Skip
                    Was having a rough morning, this cured it. Thanks Skip!!

Comment

• thanks skip, i think i grasp the offseason skipload concept, and look forward to see pics of your client at 290lbs!!!
                      2006 NPC SUPERIOR NOVICE AND OPEN MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION
                      2006 NPC MIDFLORIDA CLASSIC LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Removed..No free advertising!

Comment

Thank you very much for your statements. One is always heavier after a refeed because with 1g of glycogen 3g of water are stored.
                        @Doberman:
                        You see my point but I was not referring to the 6 hours carb-load-window. There Skip explains that one can add fat to slow down digestion if one is not feeling well.
                        What I mean is one whole day (because leptin levels need 12-24 hours to recover).
                        May I explain it a bit further:
                        Refeed-carbs are often computed in g/lbs of lean body mass, let's say somebody wants to refeed 600g of carbs and follows the mentioned guidelines of 60% carbs, 20% pros and 20% fats it looks like this:

C: 600g x 4.3 = 2,580 cals
                        P: 200g x 4.3 = 860 cals
                        F: 93 g x 9.2 = 860 cals
                        Total: = 4,300 cals

If you take in the same amount of carbs and change the percentage from 60% to 70%, keep protein the same at 20% reduce fats from 20% to 10%. It looks like this:

C: 600g x 4.3 = 2,580 cals
                        P: 171g x 4.3 = 737 cals
                        F: 40g x 9.2 = 369 cals
                        Total: = 3.686 cals

Bottom line: you save more than 600 cals during the refeed without changing the amount of carbs.

I respect that Skip and some of you don't use numbers.
                        Regarding bloating may I add something. 60g of carbs per hour can enter the bloodstream. So if you eat much more than 120g of carbs every two hours, you have a good chance to feel bloated.
                        Ok, I know...numbers again....
                        But how shall one express "keep fat low". 20% isn't high. 10% is lower and saves a lot of calories.
                        I keep my question simple:
                        Any objections to go that low or lower?
                        WOW! ...You already have the science...and the numbers down to a "T" ..WTF are you asking any of us ..including the guy the shit was named after any questions...you keep arguing the point ...just do it your own way and be happy about it!
                        ..the other word for Skip load ...is Shit load..so if it were an exact science....do you think they would call it a Shit load ????
                        A girl walks up to me and says" My God you're good looking!"
                        ME " I know"
                        Her"WHAT!"
                        Me " I know I am good looking"
                        Her" You're also and asshole"
                        ME " I know that too!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deepsquat3 View Post
                          ..the other word for Skip load ...is Shit load
                          Is it?
                          PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

• I can't believe this thread is still going? and that SKIP is still posting, lol! DO it or don't but get the F**k out of SKIP's DVD forum for crying out loud. By the way I've yet to watch the whole DVD but it's been great so far. I am going to come up with some integrals to calculate the window of the refeed to the proportion of carbs vs fat to determine the hypoteneus of your bodies ability to ingest carbs per hour. See you in a milli second............................................ ............
                            For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC TEAMSKIP@IntenseMuscle.com anything else is uncivilized

Comment

• Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
                              Is it?
                              Not according to the seminar. It is different.

Comment

• I'm loading today and now I'm all confused... Not sure wether I should listen to Skip or apply the formulas that BD used... :S

60g/hour here I come
                                Julien

Comment

Working...
                                X