Sharon Bruneau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharon Bruneau

SHARON BRUNEAU was once a very successful fashion model in Canada. Unfortunately (or maybe, fortunately) she contracted pneumonia and lost a full 25 pounds. The swimwear company that had contracted her pulled out. She had to get some weight back fast but she couldn't just overeat because then it would become fat. So she started training with weights in the gym. It turns out that Sharon, being a natural athlete, responded very quickly to the weights and grew in a hurry. Pretty soon she was losing jobs because she was too big instead of too small (I guess this male-created 'ideal female body'is a very precise thing). It was time to make a choice between lifting weights and modeling. As Sharon says, "The choice was not difficult".

Sharon is awfully pretty. She has exotic features from her native American heritage. But men aren't always so nice to Sharon now. She's had people point at her and laugh right in her face in public. She's even had someone scream "Steroid pig" at her in a Restaurant! Sharon could have been a successful model. She could have had lots of guys begging to be her boyfriend. She could have been a 'role model' for girls, teaching them how a woman is 'supposed to look'. All she had to do was continue to sell out and be a tool of society. But she did what she felt in her heart and for that she gets the big Mel Seal of Approval.

Sharon recently decided to quit bodybuilding and become more of a'fitness' type model by losing most of the muscle mass she attained.

Sharon Training ~ *girls ~ take advantage of watching her form/technique on these movements*

Sharon Posing ~

Sharon modeling ~

I've always thought Sharon should've won the Ms. Olympia, but have no idea as to why she didn't...she held the whole package; beauty, poise, asthetic, symmetrical muscle and marketability.

After Cory Everson retired, my hopes were that this woman would take the title, but unfortunately that never took place.

As of today, Sharon is a Fitness Competior, however, she is 5'10 and can not compete against the women that have been gymnists there whole lives ~ I often wonder what type of future Sharon has; as women's bodybuilding has become more of an underground cult rather than sport.

My wishes for Sharon is that she'll one day possess the recognition that's been long overdue. :bow

Lift light and ya never get tight ~

cat, did you write that?... Nice piece. (The writing, I mean. LOL)

-Randy
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

The latter part is what I wrote ~

Dr.Mel Siff must've wrote the initial piece ~ (i'm assuming by giving her the "Mel Seal of Approval" ~ `

His background in sports:

Dr. Mel Siff is a sports scientist and biomechanist with a PhD in physiology (specializing in biomechanics), MSc (in Applied Math) awarded summa cum laude in brain research and other degrees in physics and applied math. He lectured for over 30 years in the mechanical engineering and linguistics departments at the University of Witwatersrand in South Africa and competed in Olympic weightlifting, karate, trampolining, cricket and track-and-field before moving to Denver a few years ago with his American wife.
      He has addressed numerous international conferences and written many articles in sports medicine, sports science, physiology, engineering, psychology, physical education, chiropractic, physiotherapy, strength conditioning, ergonomics and communication. He has worked with a very large number of athletes in many sports around the world. His textbook, "Supertraining" is one of the most definitive books in serious strength training yet published and his popular Supertraining strength and fitness online discussion group has already become an institution on the web.

RIP Mel ~

Comment

RIP Mel.

Mel's Puzzles and Paradoxes used to blow me away years ago... Brilliant man

-Randy
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

she looked really really good!
          "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

one of my all time favorites. she def had the whole package going on. muscle, beauty and femininity.
            femininemuscle.com

[email protected]

Comment

nice pics
              Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Another great one. She had great balance and symmetry.
                International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

i agree

Comment

So sorry to have dumped these pics off my domain ~ Winnie ~ I haven't been here forever and then I thought ~ WOW, I have those pics there...those people are gonna kill me LOL ~

In any case, I wish I had them on my computer, I'd relood them all, but I don't ~ Please delete the Thread I suppose ~ Unless of course your're willing to wait for me to put them back up!

I'll do my best to find 'em, but it's up to you

The place looks awesome! As usual though

Comment

Working...
                    X