Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NPC KC Allstars 2015

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NPC KC Allstars 2015

    Just competed the weekend before last and wanted to share some pics with you guys..

    I took 1st in the LHW (only 3 in my class) and was surprisingly close on the Overall based on judges feedback.

    My wife took 1st in the Novice Figure and 2nd in Open Figure. First show, she was ecstatic.

    Make it easy and save some server space I'll just link it to my dropbox:

    Me:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pyt17sxot...8dNuH1M5a?dl=0

    My Wife (first show)
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gyzp6xsx3...iyQCAB8ea?dl=0
    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer


    Instagram: @jaredragsdale
    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
    www.316fit.com
    Email: [email protected]


  • #2
    Congratulations to both of you! You and your wife looked great! Well done.
    Joe




    Contest History:
    2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
    2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
    2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
    2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
    2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
    2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY


    Comment


    • #3
      Trunks color for you and suit color for wife?

      Update:
      Nevermind. Guessing red for you and blue suit and blond hair for wife. Figured that out once I scrolled through more.

      Look great man! Your back is sick!
      Last edited by Collabera; 11-17-2015, 03:55 PM.

      True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
      *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
      •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
      *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Joe P. View Post
        Congratulations to both of you! You and your wife looked great! Well done.
        Originally posted by Collabera View Post
        Trunks color for you and suit color for wife?

        Update:
        Nevermind. Guessing red for you and blue suit and blond hair for wife. Figured that out once I scrolled through more.

        Look great man! Your back is sick!
        Thanks guys!
        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer


        Instagram: @jaredragsdale
        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
        www.316fit.com
        Email: [email protected]

        Comment


        • #5
          The overall winner was a monster but Colin, the wives and I thought you had him on a few shots.
          2014 KC All Star Championships 5th novice mw
          2015 KC All Star Championships 3rd open mw, 3rd masters 40+
          2016 Branch Warren 1st masters 40+, 3rd open mw

          Comment


          • #6
            You looked great. Quads and back width/thickness stood out. Posing looked solid too. What did you use for your color?

            The dude in the overall was huge. ..lol...tall and wide as hell.
            2005 HOA Natural Classic
            2006 OCB Midwest
            2007 ABA Natural Illinois
            2008 HOA Natural Classic
            2011
            NPC Mid-Illinois
            NPC Midwest Open
            NPC Natural Grand Prix
            2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
            2013
            USPA Illinois State
            NGA Heart of America
            NGA Clash of the Titans




            SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jasong View Post
              The overall winner was a monster but Colin, the wives and I thought you had him on a few shots.
              Haha that would have definitely made my weekend. Thanks man

              Originally posted by breck View Post
              You looked great. Quads and back width/thickness stood out. Posing looked solid too. What did you use for your color?

              The dude in the overall was huge. ..lol...tall and wide as hell.
              Thanks! Jan Tana. Did one base coat of "arena color" the night before, and 2 top coats of "ultra 1" the morning of the show.
              Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer


              Instagram: @jaredragsdale
              FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
              www.316fit.com
              Email: [email protected]

              Comment


              • #8
                What have been the exercises and principles you have followed for back training through your years of lifting? I put more effort into back than anything else by a lot. Not cause it's a weakness but because I think it's badass to have a massive silverback gorilla back.

                True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Collabera View Post
                  What have been the exercises and principles you have followed for back training through your years of lifting? I put more effort into back than anything else by a lot. Not cause it's a weakness but because I think it's badass to have a massive silverback gorilla back.
                  I did a lot of DC training back in the day, but I think I'm just genetically prone to have a bigger thicker back.

                  At this point, to bring it up I focus a lot more on rowing and really focusing on scapular contraction - one thing I have never done really well. Doesn't mean I don't go as heavy anymore, but I make sure it's my back really doing the work each rep.

                  I attached a pic of me that I first sent to Skip back in 2009 (I think) with my back. You can see some of the muscle there and at that point I was already doing DC training for a year or so.

                  Deadlifts & heavy rows have always been big staples for me - but I have never been "good" at rowing a lot of weight and really keeping my form. So I changed that up and focused on that more the last 4-5 months. I haven't been in the gym that long this year really because of my torn biceps back in Feb. I started training again in May.. I think?
                  Attached Files
                  Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer


                  Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                  FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                  www.316fit.com
                  Email: [email protected]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wow I can't believe that's you in the pic. Gives me a little hope I guess lol although I doubt I'm nearly as genetically gifted.

                    I have made most my progress with DC. By I switch to volume sometimes. And I focus in scapular retraction as much as possible. So maybe with a little luck I can have a back like yours some day.

                    True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                    *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                    •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I want me some of them there wings

                      I'm interested in your bicep training they are very full esp in the doubles

                      How tall are you btw
                      I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                      I too like to live dangerously

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Collabera View Post
                        Wow I can't believe that's you in the pic. Gives me a little hope I guess lol although I doubt I'm nearly as genetically gifted.

                        I have made most my progress with DC. By I switch to volume sometimes. And I focus in scapular retraction as much as possible. So maybe with a little luck I can have a back like yours some day.
                        Yeah I'm more volume based now. More high intensity, higher targeted frequency, and moderate weight. Haven't done true DC in probably 2-3 years. I hurt myself too much nowadays.. so old lol

                        Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
                        I want me some of them there wings

                        I'm interested in your bicep training they are very full esp in the doubles

                        How tall are you btw
                        5'9-10 on a good day.

                        Honestly bicep training was very little and very light. I tore my right bicep in february so I didn't train biceps at all until probably July. After that it was really controlled, really light, and I probably still haven't gone over 30lbs on curls at this point in time. I am feeling closer to 100% so now I am pushing it more but it still feels a little "different" when I push to a closer failure point.

                        Surprisingly, you can't really tell that my right one was torn in the pic. It's just slightly different.
                        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer


                        Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                        www.316fit.com
                        Email: [email protected]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Really good looking!
                          It is the result of hard work!
                          Good for you and your wife!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X