It's time for a competition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time for a competition.

So after 9 years of training, and years of wanting to do a bodybuilding competition, I am finally going to commit and do one.

Land of Oz competition in Shawnee Mission, pending date October 5th.

I'm not exactly sure how small I will come in, but I need to see what I have underneath this fluff.

There are days when I think I've made a lot of progress from the 120lb weakling I used to be, and there are days when I feel like im far behind the curve. I think competing will give me a good idea where I want to go from here.

Currently: 195lbs, 5'7", ~20% bf.

I always have a heck of a time getting over 200lbs being relatively lean. I've been as heavy as 240 with a pretty high bodyfat percentage.

I hate looking at my pictures. I have a idea what I want to look like, unfortunately I'm nowhere near there.
    Attached Files
    2013 NPC Heartland Classic OKC - 1st Men's Lightheavyweight Novice/Overall

Congrats on deciding to step on stage. This show is actually in my neck of the woods and a think a few guys from the gym I use will be entering.
    Just pick a weight class and go for it...Good Luck!

Comment

Hey PF-

awesome decision, i promise you will make make progress in the next few months/and learn more about training,dieting etc that you thought possible. Best of luck!!
      '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
      17 AAU Super Total
      '16-AAU Hi
      '15-USPA Metro
      '15-USPA State
      '15-AAU HI
      '14-AAU HI
      '14-USPA Metro
      '14-WABDL Sonny's
      '14-USPA State
      '14-HI Strongman
      '13-USPA
      '13-WABDL Sonny's
      '13-USPA State
      '13-AAU HI
      '11-USPA Metro
      '10-NPC Stingrey
      '09-NPC Islands
      '09-NPC Stingrey
      '09-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA Islands
      '02-ABA IronWorks
      '01-NPC Paradise Cup
      '01-ABA Olympia
      '01-ABA Islands
      '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
      '00-INBF Musclefest
      '98-NGA Ill
      '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! I'm really focusing these next few months before starting my prep on progressing on strength and getting the bodyfat levels down a bit

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Comment

You have a real good solid base and pretty large arms. I think you will do great. We are the same height and off season weight, although it is hard to tell bone structure, etc...so if you do things semi-correctly, I would say you would look similar to my avatar (about 167 lbs), just maybe not as damn sexy! LOL! Good luck. Which federation is that? Is that a NANBF show?
          "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

It looks like its a AFPA event..not sure exactly! Guess it's a start! Thanks MaxNat, I'm really excited to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoebeusFenix View Post
              It looks like its a AFPA event..not sure exactly! Guess it's a start! Thanks MaxNat, I'm really excited to see what happens.
              Hey man - nice work deciding to diet down and hit the stage! It's a fun challenge and seeing the progress is very cool.

I would encourage you to look around for another show nearby, that show is a big disappointment in the quality of judges and how it is run.

My thoughts are, if you're going to put the work in - do a show that is worth all your time.

Just my opinion.
              Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
              FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
              www.316fit.com
              Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by PhoebeusFenix View Post
                I always have a heck of a time getting over 200lbs being relatively lean. I've been as heavy as 240 with a pretty high bodyfat percentage.

I hate looking at my pictures. I have a idea what I want to look like, unfortunately I'm nowhere near there.
                Been there myself (5ft 10 here) Was 250lbs at around 24% bodyfat (never tested, just my guess) I hated my pics too.
                But as that BF falls away dont over obsses about looking in the mirror everyday.
                I'm still cutting and as when those veins start popping out and you start seeing definition..Its like a drug!

Best of luck, you'll look awesome.

Comment

Thank you for the comments and words of encouragment! I plan on updating periodically here as I start to bring the bodyfat down. I think I am going to make sure I am progressing on strength as I really love moving big weight on deads, sh press, squat, and bench, but start to drop bodyfat slowly.

Comment

you should be looking good by oct. you got lots of muscle to work with. clean up the diet and good luck

Comment

Feeling a little leaner. Have been watching Skip's posing section on Longevity a lot trying to get a feel for it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great platform to start off with ... Go for it

Comment

You should seriously consider hiring Skip.

Doing that could save you countless hours of independent research that might still leave you not knowing what to do and not ready for your show.
                          :preach:

Comment

Zim- thank you!

Liftweights- I'm seriously considering it!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Looks like you've made good progress already with the diet.

We have about the same off-season stats. My avatar is me at about 8% bodyfat to give you an idea.

You need to get to 4% to be competitive, I measure with the 9 site caliper Parillo formula.

The biggest lesson I learned from competing is that you can never be too lean and that you should start dieting way in advance. My first show I dieted 12 weeks, second one 16 weeks, 3rd one 20 weeks...
                              If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                              http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                              2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                              2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Working...
                              X