Depleting can be fun, too!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depleting can be fun, too!!!

OK, been several days without carbs now, water is high as is sodium, so kinda flat n' watery at the same time. (That will ALL change, soon, however. )

4 days out from an NPC NQ show in New Mexico (Mid-USA in Albuquerque this weekend) and 2.5 weeks away from the Master's Nationals.

(Interesting here as I'm leaner than in the last vid, but that lighting is kinda odd with the outside light coming in from the side. I will be back at the other gym and might try to grab some video there for shit's n' grins...)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miuew0euJm4[/YOUTUBE]

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

YEAH BOSS! Looking good!

The back just blows me away. It looks like you stuck a bunch of softballs under your skin...either that or some alien creature is trying to escape. Even for being without carbs you still have to great vascularity and chest still has "pop."
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
      OK, been several days without carbs now, water is high as is sodium, so kinda flat n' watery at the same time. (That will ALL change, soon, however. )

4 days out from an NPC NQ show in New Mexico (Mid-USA in Albuquerque this weekend) and 2.5 weeks away from the Master's Nationals.

(Interesting here as I'm leaner than in the last vid, but that lighting is kinda odd with the outside light coming in from the side. I will be back at the other gym and might try to grab some video there for shit's n' grins...)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miuew0euJm4[/YOUTUBE]

-S
      Flat and Watery? Good lord, looking good(no homo, pun intended, ok a little homo)
      For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

That's what I'm sayin!!!Flat?How's you're energy level this close to the show?

Comment

Dat dere cephalic v

Good luck!
          #docswholift
          PGY-1 FM
          "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Still no pink shorts Scott????
            :preach:

Comment

Lololololol. My friend is doing that same show and I believe competing in that weight class, looks absolutely horrible and I'm tempted to link this video for him to bring him back to reality.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                YEAH BOSS! Looking good!

The back just blows me away. It looks like you stuck a bunch of softballs under your skin...either that or some alien creature is trying to escape. Even for being without carbs you still have to great vascularity and chest still has "pop."

Thanks, Bud. There is a difference, there, but it's good I don't look too bad.. LOL (There's BFTO vid. that some of the older guys around here will remember where Paul Dillet is at Gold's Venice "complaining" about being "flat" b/c of low carbs and he looks mind-boggling full and round... Looked for it on youtube, but you just reminded me of that... Not that I look anything like Paul Dillet...)

Originally posted by DCBliever View Post
                Flat and Watery? Good lord, looking good(no homo, pun intended, ok a little homo)
                Just keep that homo to a minimum...

Originally posted by jplahm View Post
                That's what I'm sayin!!!Flat?How's you're energy level this close to the show?
                Doin' pretty good. I feel pretty decent on low carbs, actually. A bit slow at times, but that's nothing new for me.

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                Dat dere cephalic v

Good luck!
                Thanks, nexa. I've been adding an extra set in just for the upper arm veins, so it's good to know that's working.

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
                Still no pink shorts Scott????
                You never sent them!

Originally posted by big ross View Post
                Lololololol. My friend is doing that same show and I believe competing in that weight class, looks absolutely horrible and I'm tempted to link this video for him to bring him back to reality.
                I'd not do that unless, you really think it'd be honestly helpful. If he'd be better off doing another show down the road given what he's expecting from doing the competition, that could be helpful. (There seem to be a few guys at many of the local and state level shows who enjoy just getting into "better than your average gym rat" shape to compete, so that's their prerogative, as far as I'm concerned...)

-S
                The Book Has Arrived!
                The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

No I wouldn't actually do it to him. He just bombed the local one earlier and is setting up for the same. Hopefully seeing people with your size, conditioning and knowledge will help him realize what he's doing wrong.

Comment

No I wouldn't actually do it to him. He just bombed the local one earlier and is setting up for the same. Hopefully seeing people with your size, conditioning and knowledge will help him realize what he's doing wrong.
                    Ross,

Serious question: Why would just seeing me make any difference? If he bombed at the last show, then he would have been exposed to better bodybuilders at that show already...

-S
                    The Book Has Arrived!
                    The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Honest answer is seeing somebody of your age who has been doin it the right way and put in the time. I live 10 minutes from Mexico, it is stupid easy and cheap to take super supps and workout and call yourself a bb'er.
                      Either way probably won't effect him but maybe he'll take it more serious.

Comment

Honest answer is seeing somebody of your age who has been doin it the right way and put in the time. I live 10 minutes from Mexico, it is stupid easy and cheap to take super supps and workout and call yourself a bb'er.
                        Either way probably won't effect him but maybe he'll take it more serious.
                        I think I follow you. It seems you don't appreciate his attitude towards bodybuilding, generally speaking.

I'm fine with folks calling themselves whatever they like, personally. Whether or not their definition agrees with mine doesn't matter too much, unless they're trying to "make me" see it their way (this makes for fun conversation sometimes, but not always) or if they're doing themselves harm.

If he's your friend (can't quite tell what you meant by that), and I could help him out somehow, I'd be happy to shoot the bull with him at the show. I have a feeling there will be a lot of down time at this one...

-S
                        The Book Has Arrived!
                        The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

I worked with him, bouncing and see him weekly. He just posts all kinds of stud on FB about his show, diet, etc and yeah you nailed it on the head. Hopefully he soaks up the experience.

Comment

Yeah, lighting does help you much but you're looking good. Good luck with the NQ.
                            "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                            2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                            2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                            2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                            2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                            2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                              Thanks, nexa. I've been adding an extra set in just for the upper arm veins, so it's good to know that's working.

It was honestly the first thing I noticed, whereas the first thing I noticed in your other vids was dat dere hippie hairdo.
                              #docswholift
                              PGY-1 FM
                              "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Working...
                              X