No announcement yet.

Do these Shorts make me look Fat?... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do these Shorts make me look Fat?... :)

4.5 Weeks out from the Masters Nationals.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0ayMje5ZXY[/YOUTUBE]

I need to keep my legs tighter here, as well my midsection. (The latter should be easier when I've not taken in so much water and intra-WO drink just before posing.)

-Scott
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Morbidly obese in those shorts. Bright pink ones would clearly do much better for your complexion.
    :preach:

Comment

Damn you great. Seriously you impress me more every time I see new pics and what not.
      Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

Holy Mother of God!!!!!! That is insane..just insane!!!!!! You look f'ing amazing!

Comment

Scott - Awesome! Despite the fact that you had your intra-workout (I know how this fills yoou up) you still have DEEP cuts and already have that grainy, wickedly shredded look.

Now I see what you are talking about with my arms on my own posing and the "flex the biceps" on the side chest. You have some very fluid movements and, dare I say, graceful thoughout your posing.

Do you have any knowledge of what you class is going to look like? What weight do you anticipate you'll come in at?
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Yes, you make the shorts look fat.

Comment

hella bulky
              #docswholift
              PGY-1 FM
              "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
                  Morbidly obese in those shorts. Bright pink ones would clearly do much better for your complexion.
                  Originally posted by DOHCrazy View Post
                  Yes, you make the shorts look fat.
                  Originally posted by nexa View Post
                  hella bulky
                  So, I'm thinking pink shorts and the entire look will be streamlined. The judges aren't gonna know what hit 'em.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  Damn you great. Seriously you impress me more every time I see new pics and what not.
                  Thanks, man. Just keepin' at it and seeing where I can go.

Originally posted by superhuman111 View Post
                  Holy Mother of God!!!!!! That is insane..just insane!!!!!! You look f'ing amazing!

LOL - the "Holy Mother of God" expression always cracks me up. (Yes, I just looked up it's origins, actually.)

Thanks, Bud. Nice to hear.

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                  Scott - Awesome! Despite the fact that you had your intra-workout (I know how this fills yoou up) you still have DEEP cuts and already have that grainy, wickedly shredded look.
                  There's a every growing more distinct difference now how I look in the AM when "dry" vs. at night, which is a good thing.

Now I see what you are talking about with my arms on my own posing and the "flex the biceps" on the side chest. You have some very fluid movements and, dare I say, graceful thoughout your posing.
                  Thanks, Kris. I was hoping you'd see this. My posing is just my own style, but I've received compliments over the years. (You just have to be careful in amateur competition with that kind of flare that you actually GET to the pose itself before they call the next one.)

Hopefully this will help with some of those suggestions. You can probably see know why Arnooooold and Franco worked with ballerina's back in the day.

(Did you know that Marcus Haley has classical dance training?...)

Do you have any knowledge of what you class is going to look like? What weight do you anticipate you'll come in at?
                  I'll probably weigh in around 220 (at night) or so after my weight peaks around 224 jut before cutting off water and be on stage at more like 215 or less.

The Master's Nats will be a pretty deep show - lots of guys who know what they're doing and conditioning isn't an issue. I get the impression that there are some perennial competitors, but I don't know quite who they are and some guys who competed last year in the >40's Heavies might not be around this time, e.g., Dylan Armbrust (didn't look pre-contest at Jr. National interviews) and Rodney Roller (just guessing b/c I haven't seen anything from him online for a while...).

-S
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

I'd think about maybe some hot pink posing trunks for the night show!!
                    "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                    2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                    2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                    2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                    2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                    2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post

Thanks, Kris. I was hoping you'd see this. My posing is just my own style, but I've received compliments over the years. (You just have to be careful in amateur competition with that kind of flare that you actually GET to the pose itself before they call the next one.)

Hopefully this will help with some of those suggestions. You can probably see know why Arnooooold and Franco worked with ballerina's back in the day.

(Did you know that Marcus Haley has classical dance training?...)
                      This definitely helps with all of your suggestions. It is greatly appreciated.

So can you also do some dance coaching for me? :dancingna I'm about as graceful as a rock lol

Are you still running with the 3-way DC spilt or have you had to make any adjustments over the last couple of weeks as you got leaner and leaner?
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
                        I'd think about maybe some hot pink posing trunks for the night show!!
                        I bet you would!

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                        This definitely helps with all of your suggestions. It is greatly appreciated.

So can you also do some dance coaching for me? :dancingna I'm about as graceful as a rock lol

Are you still running with the 3-way DC spilt or have you had to make any adjustments over the last couple of weeks as you got leaner and leaner?
                        I'd go with v1hyp for the dance lessons.

No, I'll run the 3-way right up to the show. I'm doing a warm-up show in NM in about 2.5 weeks, so I'll end up training EOD starting next week (vs. 4 x / week) so that I can line up my training days to fit my carb-up and dry out, and I've done that in the past to reduce training frequency, but I just run the 3 way right up to the show.

Obviously, many here know about Dante's 5 way split for pre-contest. Instead of reducing frequency, the other option that I like to use is to reduce training volume by dropping a failure point off the RP sets if overtraining is becoming an issue.

-S
                        The Book Has Arrived!
                        The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Scott, I gotta say from pics from past shows you look like your on track for an all time best. Am I wrong or have your legs come up (not that they needed to)? conditioning looks right on schedule bro. Great job.
                          1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                          2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                          2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                          2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                          2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                          2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                          Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                            Scott, I gotta say from pics from past shows you look like your on track for an all time best. Am I wrong or have your legs come up (not that they needed to)? conditioning looks right on schedule bro. Great job.
                            Thanks, Dobie. Greatly appreciated.

I think I can be at an all time best, for sure.

Actually, I think it's the camera angle that's making my legs look like they do. It's also making my chest and delts (from the front) look smaller, too, IMO. (The camera is just about knee height - only place to put it really where I'm taking pics and vid.)

You've probably seen shots from above that make the upper body look giant and the legs small underneath?... This is kind of the opposite, I think. I think I look much more balanced just looking straight on at eye level in a mirror...

-S
                            The Book Has Arrived!
                            The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Looking awesome Scott.
                              …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Working...
                              X