Blast One Results... A La Homon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blast One Results... A La Homon

After a 14 week blast, I wanted to post the results and show some progress pictures. My personal goal in working with Scott is to add as much size as possible while keeping my bodyfat within 4-5% points from where we started. At the onset of our program I told him I wanted to add 12 pounds of muscle...well we already surpassed that.

Some history about me:

Basics:
    -10 years of training

-Utilized numerous training routines and methodologies (e.g. German Volume, High Frequency Training, Big Beyond Belief Program, Body part splits, Optimized Volume Training, Daily periodized routines, 5x5....and the list goes on)

-Height: 5'3"

-Weight:
    *Starting 128 pounds, yes I was THAT light!
    *After the 14 week blast: 148.5 pounds!

-Nutrition: Very clean eating, prior to starting with Scott I was seriously restricting my calories to an unhealthy level.

-Lifestyle: I am employed the Dept. of Defense and I am also completing my Masters of Business Administration with a specialization in Information Systems. I am very busy with little free time and maintain an active social life (as much as school permits). I'm single and live on my own, so no family to worry about.

-Training Issues/Injuries: Previously broken left shoulder, chipped elbow so I can't extend my left arm, broken tibia and fibula, broken fingers, and a dislocated shoulder with torn labrum. The only injury affecting me at the time I started with Scott was recovering from my dislocated shoulder.

My Story:

I began training when I was about 14 years old for sports and was always very dedicated and after suffering too many concussions in football and falling in love with the training for wrestling more so than the sport, which made me incredibly unhealthy due to extreme weight loss, and meeting Jay Cutler I decided to take up bodybuilding. I competed in three bodybuilding competitions from my senior year in high school to my sophomore year in college, winning my class in two and third in the other. Although I maintained a decent physique, while I finished my bachelors I decided to put competing on the back burner. However, just after graduating I suffered a bad dislocated shoulder and I lost a lot of size and strength. After recovering I tried several different training programs and eventually became obsessed with "getting ripped" and basically went on a long term competition diet and then continued to reduce calories and carbs until I finally came to realize the harm I was doing to my health.

At this time my metabolism was basically shot. I was living off a severely calorie restricted diet for several months and still training every day. I started suffering mentally, became very lethargic and lost overall motivation. I knew I couldn't live as I was forever and wanted to get my physique, health, and life back on track. I tried to do this on my own but was spinning my wheels and I contacted several "trainers" but non of them took any time to understand my background and underlying issues. Then I was put in touch with Scott Stevenson through Dante. Scott didn't just look at my physique, he analyzed with great detail my history and medical issues and addressed my way of thinking to ensure I understood the changes that would have to be made to correct my metabolism and begin full on muscle building program. This truly altered my way of thinking so that I would be healthier and in the right mindset to achieve the results I wanted in my training.

Once Scott got me in the right frame of mind we began the true DC Blast. He designed the program with my shoulder issues in mind and did not just give me a diet and program, he made sure I understood the what, how and why for the strategy. As I progressed through the blast, not only did I feel healthier, my shoulder stopped hurting and was finally making my way towards the goal I want to achieve.

Here are the stats from the blast:
    Starting weight: 128 lbs
    Weight after 14 weeks: 148.5
    Bodyfat change: No Increase (using bio-electrical impedance)
    Measurements:
    Before
    Chest: 39 1/2 in.
    Waist: 30 in.
    Arms: 14.2 in.
    Thighs: 21 5/8 in.
    Skinfold Measurements (Millimeters)
    Chest: 6-7 mm
    Thigh: 6-7 mm
    Abs: 9-10 mm

AFTER
    Chest: 40 1/2 in.
    Waist: 30.1 in.
    Arms: 15.1 in.
    Thighs: 23+ in.
    Skinfold Measurements (Millimeters)
    Chest: 6 mm
    Thigh: 5.8 mm
    Abs: 9 mm
    Suprailliac: 6.5 mm (we added this mid-way through)

Here are some before pictures:

And the link to the album: http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/...0April%202011/

Now, for the AFTER Pics:

And here is the link to the album: http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/...ogress%20Pics/

Right now I am on my cruise and will be starting on Blast two within the next week or two (depending on when I am ready). I plan on maintaining my bodyfat level during the rest of the warmer months and then try to pack on as much muscle as I can when it gets colder.

Please feel free to critique and comment. I'm very open to any feedback.

I just have to end this post with a BIG "Thank You" to Scott because if he didn't take the time to understand me on a personal level I would still be going in circles and hurting my body more than helping it. I'm really looking forward to what will come next as I hope to compete again next year with much more muscle and more matured physique.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Nice work.

Scott's okay I guess.
    True Protein Discount Code: AWC155

Comment

Originally posted by AChoi View Post
      Nice work.

Scott's okay I guess.
      Thanks!

Yeah, I'd say Scott knows a thing or two lol
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Great work!
        International Elite Raw Powerlifter
        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

It's nice to hear about your progress, and seeing it as well. Keep on going, mentalflex. You're in good hands, and you've definately got the spirit...

Comment

Future and Titanium_spin, I really appreciate you guys taking the time to check out my progress. Thanks for the encouragement!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Can really see the changes, I was surprised at how much change. You obviously worked hard. Good on Scott as well.
              "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
              Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
              'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
              ~William Bernbach

Comment

hard work shows!
                Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                -John Ceasar

Comment

Nice work man! To me its looks like you got leaner while adding those 20+ lbs. Very Impressive!

14 weeks seems like a really long blast. Did you take some days off from the gym halfway through to help extend your blast?

Comment

First, thanks to everyone for the positive encouragement. Things are only going to get better from here

Originally posted by punkguitarist View Post

14 weeks seems like a really long blast. Did you take some days off from the gym halfway through to help extend your blast?
                    Actually no, I didn't miss a session over the 14 weeks. At around 10 weeks Scott and I started looking at my progress and recovery with greater scrutiny and I was still increasing my weights and felt like I could still make some gains if i stayed on the blast. In the last couple weeks we increased calories and made some changes to the program to bring up some of weak areas. The little changes we made throughout prevented stalling and it wasn't until the last week that I wasn't able to beat the logbook.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I'll just chime in here briefly and say this isn't about me. This was a function of:

-Mentalflex taking care of business in and out of the gym.

-One hell of a solid program in DC training.

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                        I'll just chime in here briefly and say this isn't about me. This was a function of:

-Mentalflex taking care of business in and out of the gym.

-One hell of a solid program in DC training.
                        Scott, you are all too humble

I certainly busted my ass day in and day out but you were there to steer me in the right direction. If it wasn't for your coaching I'd probably still have the metabolism of a 90 year old grandma lol

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                          Scott, you are all too humble

I certainly busted my ass day in and day out but you were there to steer me in the right direction. If it wasn't for your coaching I'd probably still have the metabolism of a 90 year old grandma lol
                          LOL - I just re-read my post and it probably came off as some kind of "I'm so humble B.S.... " LOL

We did get past that metabolism issue, for sure. I guess I'm just impressed with how well things come together when all the pieces are in place on your end. (Thanks for the mention here, too, man.)

-S
                          The Book Has Arrived!
                          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                            LOL - I just re-read my post and it probably came off as some kind of "I'm so humble B.S.... " LOL
                            LOL at this!

It is certainly nice when all the pieces fall into place!

The next couple of months should be fun :dancingna

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

MentalFlex- Great work and great progress man! It is definitely noticeable.

What metabolism issue were you dealing with and how did you guys mend it (if you don't mind me asking)?

Use the discount code "SPD365" for 5% off your orders at www.trueprotein.com; Order 16lbs or more, and you get 10% off!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X