Do i have gynecomastia?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i have gynecomastia?

Im 21 6 feet 160 bout 14 bf and not alot of muscle. My nipples are really pointy and sensitive not painful just sensitive. I can push on them no pain or anything but my shirt rubbing on them drives me crazy. Need help guy?

[ATTACH]48365[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]48367[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Comment

Doesn't look like gyno to me

Comment

I am going to write an article on this - it is on my list of topics because I get this a LOT from clients - especially young ones.

All guys have glands under their nipples unless they have had them surgically removed. When body fat is low the gland gets much smaller and when body fat is higher, the gland gets bigger. This is NOT gyno - not even related, at all.

I always tell my clients this about gyno: If you get gyno you will almost always know for damn sure that it is gyno. It will hurt and there will be no real doubt. If you are thinking, "when I move just right or when my boyfriend sucks on my nipples they get sensitive or hurt", that is not gyno. Shirts rub against nipples all the time and hurt. When I was in 5th grade the entire basketball team had to tape their nipples because they would be raw from the uniforms if we didn't. Not exactly gyno.

I am not beating up on the poster as I understand the concern and, again, I get this question a LOT.

Skip
        [url]www.TEAMSKIP.com[/url]

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
        Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: IntenseMuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: TEAMSKIP1@gmail.com

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: [url]www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend[/url]

Comment

And let me add this for the poster:

Don't think that you need to lose body fat to get your chest looking like you want it to look. That is not the answer. You meed muscle - a lot of it and you then will fill out the chest area and your chest will look completely different even if your body fat doesn't change, at all.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: [url]www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

...All guys have glands under their nipples unless they have had them surgically removed. When body fat is low the gland gets much smaller and when body fat is higher, the gland gets bigger. This is NOT gyno - not even related, at all.

Shirts rub against nipples all the time and hurt. When I was in 5th grade the entire basketball team had to tape their nipples because they would be raw from the uniforms if we didn't. Not exactly gyno.

Skip

This just reminded me of when I was in high school...we guys would refer to this as having "nipple knots" because there is sometimes even a hard lump in the nipple...and yes they would be sensitive!
            Even up through university age I still had them. I assume this was just due to puberty...hormonal changes/becoming a "man" physically/bio-chemically.
            Remember, gear or not, you are at a time in your life where your T levels will be naturally higher than at any other time in your life...(barring any genetic predispositions to super low T).

Skip, maybe you'll cover this in your article, IDK...but thought I'd throw that out there.
            Unless a man undertakes more than he can possibly do, he will never do all he can.

Unfathomable progress is the result of consistent, daily steps toward a single goal

Comment

Thing is i took amphetamine salts through high school for add and i hear that causes gyno? I was a big kid 25% bf and about 195 after two years of taking the add meds i dropped to 135 and 11% bf then after a year of being off it i got back to the 170 14% bf range and now my nips are like this.

Comment

In your original statement, you said there sensitive, not painful. Gyno is VERY PAINFUL. My brother had it and he almost punched me in the face for touching/grabbing it softly.

My gland has been swollen as skip has said, and the way you describe it is dead on how it felt for me. I am also using amphetamines salts every day and don't have a problem with mine. Hell, I don't even see how it could cause gyno to be honest. Do a bit more research but from what yor saying you don't have it. If yor worried go to your doctor and ask. In the meantime pound a lot of water as that is what helped me.

I used to be overweight when I was younger as well. Yor good to go in my opinion and if anything call the doc up.

Comment

I used to think I had some gyno problems as well - but it's just fat being held there like skip said. Once I leaned down and hit the stage they disappear.. Otherwise in the offseason they typically are puffy and larger.
                  Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                  FB: [url]www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale[/url]
                  [url]www.316fit.com[/url]
                  Email: [email]jared@316fit.com[/email]

Comment

"...when my boyfriend sucks on my nipples they get sensitive or hurt"

WTF?!?! Lmao
                    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: [url]http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?p=1112980#post1112980[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Travis25 View Post
                      Thing is i took amphetamine salts through high school for add and i hear that causes gyno? I was a big kid 25% bf and about 195 after two years of taking the add meds i dropped to 135 and 11% bf then after a year of being off it i got back to the 170 14% bf range and now my nips are like this.
                      I am not going to beat you up but my information contradicts what you are posting. Someone correct me if i am wrong here:

It wasn't ADD medication that caused gyno but ADHD medication, specifically, Risperdal. From my understanding, this is the only medication for ADHD that caused gyno.

If I am correct, you will have nothing to worry about as far as gyno from medication.

Now, if you had a high body fat then you likely could have had higher levels of estrogen. Still, what I explained in my last post still stands. COULD you have gyno? I suppose you COULD. Based on what you have EXPLAINED and how it LOOKS in the pic, you do NOT have gyno.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                        I used to think I had some gyno problems as well - but it's just fat being held there like skip said. Once I leaned down and hit the stage they disappear.. Otherwise in the offseason they typically are puffy and larger.
                        Thank you.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                          "...when my boyfriend sucks on my nipples they get sensitive or hurt"

WTF?!?! Lmao
                          You are the only one who caught that, apparently.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Herculeus View Post
                            My brother had it and he almost punched me in the face for touching/grabbing it softly.
                            Translation: I was trying to suck his tits.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                              You are the only one who caught that, apparently.

Skip
                              I definitely caught that.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                              *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                              •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                              *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Working...
                              X