My First Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Prep

I'm 28 years old, been training about 6 1/2 years...it all started from a nasty/freak tennis injury. Yes, I was a tennis player. Currently 17 1/2 weeks out from my first ever show, The Natural Muscle Olympus in Buffalo, NY...my home city.

Prep is tough as I travel 200+ days a year for my job but I have a coach who has been helping me along the way and I always plan ahead so 6 1/2 weeks in so far, not a single missed meal, not a single macro off my diet, no missed workouts or cardio and I plan on keeping it that way.

My main reasons for competing are to show myself I can do it despite my hectic work schedule and to utilize the rebound in bringing up my upper body.

I will try and keep all updated photos here which are once a week or so now but will be more frequent as I get deeper in.

19 weeks out

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371665294.884073.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371665307.159528.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371665322.088485.jpg
    Last edited by jcross485; 06-19-2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Sick Quads! Good luck.
      If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
      http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
      2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
      2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Thank you sir! They are a strong point for me for sure!

17 weeks, 2 days out at this point.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371739262.566197.jpg

Comment

Will be following!
          '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
          17 AAU Super Total
          '16-AAU Hi
          '15-USPA Metro
          '15-USPA State
          '15-AAU HI
          '14-AAU HI
          '14-USPA Metro
          '14-WABDL Sonny's
          '14-USPA State
          '14-HI Strongman
          '13-USPA
          '13-WABDL Sonny's
          '13-USPA State
          '13-AAU HI
          '11-USPA Metro
          '10-NPC Stingrey
          '09-NPC Islands
          '09-NPC Stingrey
          '09-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA Islands
          '02-ABA IronWorks
          '01-NPC Paradise Cup
          '01-ABA Olympia
          '01-ABA Islands
          '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
          '00-INBF Musclefest
          '98-NGA Ill
          '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Good luck with your prep!!
            "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
            2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
            2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
            2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
            2002 NPC Western Carolina:
            2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
              Will be following!
              Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
              Good luck with your prep!!
              Thanks guys!

16 weeks and 2 days out, weight at 191lbs in the am on an empty stomach/bladder. Pics taken after morning fasted LISS and meal 1 but prior to training. Legs a little fatigued and washed out from training Monday and HIIT on Wednesday and I had a hard time flaring out my lats in my back pic and it was not on center, but it is what it is.

The goal is to be under 171 in 16 weeks so I can be a middleweight as the cut off is 171 and light heavy is 189. I don't think this will be a problem because I still have plenty to lose.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372335246.787085.jpg
              ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372335257.207875.jpg
              ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372335280.009371.jpg

Comment

Those quads are ridiculous.
                Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
                  Those quads are ridiculous.
                  Best of luck
                  Thank you very much!

Just over 15 weeks out now. Weight around 190 this am empty stomach/bladder. I feel like my quads, hams, and back are all leaning up some...same with arms just slightly. But my front side from the waist up is being stubborn as hell.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373026469.182047.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373026480.241346.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373026490.164164.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373026502.647753.jpg

Comment

just curious as to what level of tennis you were playing, rating or ranking?

Comment

Originally posted by heavyduty View Post
                      just curious as to what level of tennis you were playing, rating or ranking?
                      I played NCAA Div II; while I was home, I was playing for a USTA team and went to 4.5 nationals.

Comment

Just over 14 weeks out; weight unknown.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373678512.364113.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373678522.247437.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373678532.464008.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373678541.432398.jpg

My legs are leaning out...and def starting to notice more and more that I need to bring up my upper body big time.

Work has been nuts and will be traveling the next 6 weeks straight. Luckily I always stay at the Residence Inn so I have a kitchen and grill outside.

Comment

I'm guessing your thinking back width and thickness.

Said this the other day to Homon, photos dont really justify what your seeing. BUT from the photos, your on point and alls good thus far by the looks of it.

Once you've competed, atleast your going to know what you need to improve the most. Take a year or so out and eat like a horse and train like a freak.

Still cant get over dem quads. I think they overpower your physique, making you think you look worse than you are?

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
                            I'm guessing your thinking back width and thickness.

Said this the other day to Homon, photos dont really justify what your seeing. BUT from the photos, your on point and alls good thus far by the looks of it.

Once you've competed, atleast your going to know what you need to improve the most. Take a year or so out and eat like a horse and train like a freak.

Still cant get over dem quads. I think they overpower your physique, making you think you look worse than you are?
                            A little confused by the part about speaking to Homon, but I def appreciate the compliment on my legs! My quads do overpower my physique without a doubt. My back is a weird topic because I have pulled over 3x BW (have some videos) and just yesterday pulled 585 again, yet it is not where I want it to be.

Comment

Then you need to get 'freaky' with back training. Need to put yourself in weird/succesful mechanical positions your bodys a) not used to and b) that work your biomechanics. Like dante always said : if after years of bicep curling hasnt got them up to snuff , then they never will.

Homon posted a video of himself recently and we briefly commented on how vids and pics dont justify someones look...have to see it in person to appreciate.

Comment

Working...
                              X