• Show
Clear All

• 19 weeks out from first show ever.

Current stats
    5'9
    24 years old
    bf unknown

Show date: nov 2

These are a couple pictures I was able to take myself yesterday. The current plan is to bulk up for 9 or 10 more weeks because leaning out is naturally quite easy for me.

My trainer for this show is a fellow intense muscle member.

I intentionally avoided taking front pics because I am also dealing with having a lump removed from the right side of my chest so until that's resolved id rather not show my chest to the world. Vain I know, just embarrassed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371657531.048843.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371657561.765473.jpg
    Last edited by Son of jor-el; 06-19-2013, 02:01 PM.

I would say you're higher than 12% and not to step on your trainers toes, but to be in legit shape, you should start dieting much sooner than 9-10 weeks from now. I am a natty, competing Oct 19th, and attached pics of myself from about 19 weeks out of my show (17 1/2 weeks out currently) just as a reference. I am also a true ectomorph...was eating over 4500cals daily with 0 cardio before I started prepping.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371660422.754450.jpg

Also, this will be my first ever show so it's not like I am seasoned by any means.
    Last edited by jcross485; 06-19-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I would say spend a year growing (adding lean body mass) and then start dieting for a competition. It looks like you are carrying far more than 12%.

What is your height? It seems by your proportions you are going to have to add some mass to your frame.
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

For the record it's not me SKIP, lol. Could be John Gorman though . I'd say you are higher than 12% but I'm never a good guess. I also don't want to pick you apart. I'd say do the show for fun and the experience and maybe try to bring up a lagging bodypart like chest

Comment

Yea I was completely guessing bf to be honest I have no idea. I do slim down pretty quick tho adding size is harder for me but we are taking it week by week. I just had surgery on my chest two months ago so it's still a little small cuz I had to take time off training it. This show is not supposed to be a be all end all for me. I just want to be apart of it and experience it then spend all winter growing and go back at it more experienced next spring

Comment

To piggyback on what Robb said, I am competing for the first time as a challenge to myself and so I can take advantage of the rebound in hopes of bringing up my upper body as it is a bit behind my legs, especially my quads.

Comment

I'm the one giving him help. He's not starting his diet in 10 weeks. The game plan is to slowly lean out these next 10 weeks with more emphasis on size. "Grow into the show" so to speak. Then the last half of this prep will be full emphasis on fat loss. He WILL be leaner by then so even with more emphasis on fat loss, he won't have as far to go. He came to me because it has been his dream to compete, not to gain acceptance of other bodybuilders but to fulfill a dream. He has made some drastic changes in his life just so he can set on this path. Not many people have the balls to make a drastic life change because they just simply want to fulfill a dream.

Your first show will never be your best. It's all about where you go from there.. how you improve. I sent him over here because I look up to Skip and thought this would be a great community to get involved with. I worked with Skip my first show and he taught me a lot. We continue to be friends and I still point people in his direction and to his website for information even though I haven't worked with him in a couple years.

I was hoping TJ here could find some good support here. He is just starting this bodybuilding lifestyle. He's not one of those guys who has been living like a bodybuilder for a couple years and expects to show up and blow a show away. He's taking his first steps on this path and JUST doing the damn thing is his goal at this point, not trying to impress anyone. We want to get him to look as good as possible, but he has PLENTY of time in the future to improve beyond where he is now.

Comment

By the way, TJ goes to my gym. I didn't poach him from intensemuscle haha.

Comment

Lol at John Gorman

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
                  For the record it's not me SKIP, lol. Could be John Gorman though . I'd say you are higher than 12% but I'm never a good guess. I also don't want to pick you apart. I'd say do the show for fun and the experience and maybe try to bring up a lagging bodypart like chest

Comment

I say you are 12-15% hard to tell from only those 2 pics and you need to start dieting now if you are going to be inside out shredded in 19 weeks.

From my experience growing into a show is something for the genetically elite or for those willing to mega-dose steroids.

I guess a complete newbie could grow into a show, I've never seen it happen but it's not impossible I guess. Good luck!
                    If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                    http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                    2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                    2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

Then the last half of this prep will be full emphasis on fat loss. He WILL be leaner by then so even with more emphasis on fat loss, he won't have as far to go. He came to me because it has been his dream to compete, not to gain acceptance of other bodybuilders but to fulfill a dream. He has made some drastic changes in his life just so he can set on this path. Not many people have the balls to make a drastic life change because they just simply want to fulfill a dream.

Your first show will never be your best. It's all about where you go from there..

I was hoping TJ here could find some good support here. He is just starting this bodybuilding lifestyle. He's not one of those guys who has been living like a bodybuilder for a couple years and expects to show up and blow a show away. He's taking his first steps on this path and JUST doing the damn thing is his goal at this point, not trying to impress anyone. We want to get him to look as good as possible, but he has PLENTY of time in the future to improve beyond where he is now.[/QUOTE]

I say, Let nobody ever tell you 'YOU CANT' Go for IT @ 100%!
                      Its not how good you are, but how good you want to be!
                      Practise What You Preach!

Comment

Its always awesome to see people transform. I have been debating on who to choose first contest prep. obviously you have the results! but how has the experience been?
                        Last edited by paul.will8; 01-22-2014, 08:44 AM.

Comment

How did it work out?
                          From Russia with love

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Romashov View Post
                            How did it work out?
                            Still wondering this tbh

Comment

Working...
                            X