How much more weight to lose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much more weight to lose?

Don't know how much feedback i can expect with one crappy pic and no back/legs but i'll take what i can get. I posted up something similar in my journal but didn't get any comments so figured i would do it here. Weight this morning was 189, would love to know how much more weight i should expect to drop to be stage ready? Any guesses on current bf%? I don't plan to compete this year as i have a lot to learn on posing etc but wanted to push myself as close as I could to stage ready to see what i'm working with and hopefully know what class i would be shooting for when i do compete. Going to watch my first show on 04/27 so should have a better idea then of what the competition is like at the local level.
    Attached Files
    6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
    1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Talking out my @$$, if I had to guess another 15lbs... lol

In any case, looking good, keep at it and good luck!
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
      Talking out my @$$, if I had to guess another 15lbs... lol

In any case, looking good, keep at it and good luck!
      I agree with LG1 on every point. To put things in perspective, at the weight you are at now puts you in the Light Heavyweight class at a NPC show with the cutoff being 198 1/4 lbs. The next lowest class (Middleweight) has a cutoff of 176 1/4.

Comment

"Going to watch my first show on 04/27 so should have a better idea then of what the competition is like at the local level."

Local shows can be a funny thing. You may see 4 or 5 guys in a weight class and think to yourself, "I could have beaten those guys!" and decide to enter next year. The only thing is that about 5 other guys in the audience are thinking the same thing and show up next year too! Lol. That's why you just have to be concerned with being in the best shape you can be and let the chips fall where they may come showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by O.G. Pimpin View Post
          "Going to watch my first show on 04/27 so should have a better idea then of what the competition is like at the local level."

Local shows can be a funny thing. You may see 4 or 5 guys in a weight class and think to yourself, "I could have beaten those guys!" and decide to enter next year. The only thing is that about 5 other guys in the audience are thinking the same thing and show up next year too! Lol. That's why you just have to be concerned with being in the best shape you can be and let the chips fall where they may come showtime.
          I def agree with what your saying but still think It will be a good learning experience. As far as the weight goes if I do the charlotte cup they have a novice middle weight (165.5-187). I may not be the biggest but I think this would be a good class for me. Some of the other nc shows only have novice heavy or light which cuts off at 176.25. I think I could make that but would really suck to weigh 177 and have to stand beside somebody possibly 30+lbs heavier than me.

Comment

40 pounds; 50 max.
            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
            kind of a douche

Comment

I'd guess you would end up on stage in the upper 160's. You lose more than what you think the last few weeks....
              Want THE Magic Pill??!! Yea so do I!! Find the next best thing at trueprotein.com. For all your protein and supplement needs.

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

2010 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
              2009 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
              2007 Northern Michigan Natural Championships: 5th, Light-heavy

Comment

Thought you were 200lbs plus in your pic...
                SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                  Thought you were 200lbs plus in your pic...
                  Thanks! I have been feeling small in my clothes so nice to know that I don't look too small.

Comment

Originally posted by rynobull View Post
                    I'd guess you would end up on stage in the upper 160's. You lose more than what you think the last few weeks....
                    Truth sucks lol! That's good info to know though and I appreciate the feedback.

Comment

Like you said, it's hard if not impossible to tell without a pic of your back and legs.

I am guessing you are between 10 to 15% bodyfat based on the 9 site caliper method, 4% is the goal for shredded glutes.

Let's say you are 12% you would need to lose about 16lbs of Fat. Then dehydrate so on stage at about ~167lbs assuming you don't lose any muscle and you will lose muscle at least some of it.

Ideally I would aim to compete in the welterweight class (>165lbs)
                      If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                      http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                      2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                      2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

f*ck going to watch, with yoru structure and base level of leaness, pick a show in 12-16 weeks and just do it.
                        '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                        17 AAU Super Total
                        '16-AAU Hi
                        '15-USPA Metro
                        '15-USPA State
                        '15-AAU HI
                        '14-AAU HI
                        '14-USPA Metro
                        '14-WABDL Sonny's
                        '14-USPA State
                        '14-HI Strongman
                        '13-USPA
                        '13-WABDL Sonny's
                        '13-USPA State
                        '13-AAU HI
                        '11-USPA Metro
                        '10-NPC Stingrey
                        '09-NPC Islands
                        '09-NPC Stingrey
                        '09-ABA Islands
                        '02-ABA Islands
                        '02-ABA IronWorks
                        '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                        '01-ABA Olympia
                        '01-ABA Islands
                        '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                        '00-INBF Musclefest
                        '98-NGA Ill
                        '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
                          f*ck going to watch, with yoru structure and base level of leaness, pick a show in 12-16 weeks and just do it.
                          I like it!!
                          Want THE Magic Pill??!! Yea so do I!! Find the next best thing at trueprotein.com. For all your protein and supplement needs.

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

2010 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
                          2009 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
                          2007 Northern Michigan Natural Championships: 5th, Light-heavy

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
                            Thanks for the motivation man! Means a lot comin from someone with your experience. There is a local show 11 weeks out from tomorrow (6/22). I am going to bust by ass in the gym and on my posing and see how it goes. Hopefully if I work hard enough I will be ready in time. Have to register by 6/15 so should know for sure by a week out if I am ready or not.

Comment

Best advice I can give is don't focus on a goal WEIGHT! It WILL screw with your head!! Don't listen to the people around you asking if you are dying from AIDS or cancer in your clothes as you shrink down. You are going to lose more weight than you would like to anyway. Focus on getting as lean as you can. That is what the judges reward! I did the same thing the first few years I competed (tried to stay above 170 because Dante and everyone on this board makes fun of "little" 175 pound guys ;-) Finally said, "screw it, I am going to diet hard, not freak out over being catabolic for more than 3 minutes, and not worry about where I come in for body weight"... and...last November won my IFPA Masters Pro card at around 167 pounds (5'7" tall). Weight really doesn't mean shit in a bodybuilding competition, everyone has different bone structure, mass, etc... ( i have like 6 inch wrists). You have broad shoulders and a good structure and are pretty lean already. If your legs match the top, then I am with Trucelt and say go for it, you are not that far off.
                              "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

Working...
                              X