Contest Shots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest Shots

Here are some pics of me from 5 weeks ago.

Please chime in and tell me what you think I should be focussing on during this off season. Other than the obvious of getting huge. Lol.

21, 220lb on stage, 6"5'.

Thanks!
    TEAM SKIP

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
    2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.

First of all, looks really good... leanness is spot on...the following critiques are purely observational as your physique surpasses mine...

first question is: is there some type of injury on right arm? right upper arm (bicep/triceps) looks a might smaller than left on first pic..

Quads look great from the front... maybe work some more on hams this off-season...

From the front, lats look nice, but from the back shot seems to lose a bit... maybe work on chest a bit more as this may be the reason your lats appear larger from the front?

Again, please, please take these critiques with the best intentions possible, as I would envy stepping on stage with your caliber leanness...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
      First of all, looks really good... leanness is spot on...the following critiques are purely observational as your physique surpasses mine...

first question is: is there some type of injury on right arm? right upper arm (bicep/triceps) looks a might smaller than left on first pic..

Quads look great from the front... maybe work some more on hams this off-season...

From the front, lats look nice, but from the back shot seems to lose a bit... maybe work on chest a bit more as this may be the reason your lats appear larger from the front?

Again, please, please take these critiques with the best intentions possible, as I would envy stepping on stage with your caliber leanness...
      Full of kind words man, thank you.

Believe it or not, my right arm is actually bigger than my left, the left is more shapely, though. It's just an optical illusion due the images behind me.

I have now started training chest and arms with priority, hitting them twice a week. They are a weekness. My lats are actually pretty good, I wish I had a lat spread to post, but I don't. You are right on my lats looking bigger because of a small chest.

And, in regards to my condition, I didn't go for broke as I wanted to be as big as possible, as all the other guys in my class had at least 10 years on me. And I was one of the better conditioned dudes there that day.

I'd also like to say my prep was very easy. I had Skip as my coach and he is the master of getting diced. I'd walk into the gym in the mornings full of beans ready to smash out cardio and all the other competitors around me looked like death. It's a very satisfying feeling doing a sensible prep and enjoying it whilst everyone else seems to think you need to suffer to get peeled.

I do quite a bit on Hamstrings, and always have. I think I will start focussing on hitting them with heavy SLDLs and see how that goes, as that is an exercise I never really emphasised in my training and may be the key.

I will also focus on rack chins to widen up in the rear double bi as you have mentioned. Thanks for that.
      TEAM SKIP

Comment

I mean at six five yiu really just need size every where. Your quads look like your best muscle, which is good at your height. I would say your back is probably the weakest, as is mine lol, and you could definitely use some arm size.

I would just hit the training hard, hit the food hard and see where you end up.
        Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscle@Duke View Post
          I mean at six five yiu really just need size every where. Your quads look like your best muscle, which is good at your height. I would say your back is probably the weakest, as is mine lol, and you could definitely use some arm size.

I would just hit the training hard, hit the food hard and see where you end up.
          Exactly right, in regards to the last sentence. I'll just put away a tonne of food over the next few years and see where I end up.
          TEAM SKIP

Comment

Yeah man, you look good now, you should be proud. Just gotta fill out that high ass frame! But it certainly can be done, and you are super young so you have time on your side.
            Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

You look great man. If you are a legit 6'5" then you carry 220 well...I would guess you were larger then that. As far as everything else...just more size. I don't really see the reason to worry to much about "this needs priority..." Or "gotta bring this up..."... If a cpl years from now you are squating and pulling a cpl hundred more for reps and pressing 100+ more for reps....your while body will be bigger. Just eat, lift and grow.

Great job and good to hear your prep went so well... If you can get to that shape with ease... You should be able to take that to the next level once you add more size.

Peace
              Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
              Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
              Nicki Minaj

Comment

upper body as a whole. Hams and come in a little leaner to the show IMO.
                2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
                2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury
                2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
                2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
                2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
                2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
                *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
                88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
                88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                  You look great man. If you are a legit 6'5" then you carry 220 well...I would guess you were larger then that. As far as everything else...just more size. I don't really see the reason to worry to much about "this needs priority..." Or "gotta bring this up..."... If a cpl years from now you are squating and pulling a cpl hundred more for reps and pressing 100+ more for reps....your while body will be bigger. Just eat, lift and grow.

Great job and good to hear your prep went so well... If you can get to that shape with ease... You should be able to take that to the next level once you add more size.

Peace
                  I think you hit just the nail on the head.

And CJ, I could have been more shredded but I really needed the size.

Thanks guys.
                  TEAM SKIP

Comment

Just add more size, if you focus on bodyparts you will spin your wheels. I wouldn't compete every year, every 2 years would be best to allow you to gain gain gain.
                    If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
                    http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
                    2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
                    2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

I don't plan on competing for another 5 years. I need five years to do some damage.
                      TEAM SKIP

Comment

Wow, you're only 21? You've got a lot of potential! Just keep at it and don't get sidetrack like I did when I was your age.

Comment

Yeah, thanks for that man. Lots of things to be sidetracked by! Just gotta keep my head down and keep eating.
                          TEAM SKIP

Comment

First, and foremost, great job. I agree your hams need some attention. Try hitting the hams at the beginning of the workout. A lot of the people think doing leg extensions are a good way to warm up the knee joint before hitting heavy leg work, but I feel it actually pre exhuasts the joint. Leg curls will fill your hams with blood and can actually give you a nice cushion during squats or other compound movements. Other than that adding some overall size should be your goal. I don't know about taking 5 years off though. That seems a little excessive. 1 year should be plenty to see a difference.
                            1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th
                            2010 Kentucky State Championships Lightweight 1st
                            2011 Northern Kentucky Welterweight 4th
                            2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place

Trueprotein.com
                            Use Discount Code DDS463
                            MAG Sponsored Athlete
                            http://www.maxagrip.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                              First, and foremost, great job. I agree your hams need some attention. Try hitting the hams at the beginning of the workout. A lot of the people think doing leg extensions are a good way to warm up the knee joint before hitting heavy leg work, but I feel it actually pre exhuasts the joint. Leg curls will fill your hams with blood and can actually give you a nice cushion during squats or other compound movements. Other than that adding some overall size should be your goal. I don't know about taking 5 years off though. That seems a little excessive. 1 year should be plenty to see a difference.
                              I'd love to say "damn that's a great Idea" and start training hammies first. But... I always train hammies first! Lol But I also do extensions afterwards, before big compound movements so I will start doing these at the end of the workout instead, and see if having stronger knees enables me to load my hammies up more.

You don't think eating many animals over the next 5 years without doing a prep would be a good idea?
                              TEAM SKIP

Comment

Working...
                              X