honest opinions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honest opinions...

these pics were beginning of may, was clean for 4 weeks before them.
    stats-5'11", a little over 190 in pics, bf 10-13%(?)

Comment

Comment

Comment

had leg surgery pretty recently from cracking my kneecap wrestling so trying to bring 'em up.

Comment

here's 2 before pics of me @ +/-175. lol, how embarrassing!

i obviously had no shoulder or arm developement, back has always grown easiest from heavy deads. pretty much just sucked.

Comment

I think you have a lot of potential, keep at the weights hard and start eating big time, your back has great shape now you need to add mass and thickness to the rest of your frame...
              "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Be more specific in what you are wanting feedback on, bro. I will gladly give you an honest critique but I wouldn't want to do that without knowing what you are trying to attain.

Also, you really should move this thread into the critical assessment forum for others to give you their opinions. If you don't mind my moving it, say so, and I will move it over to that forum.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: @intensemuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

in human- thanks bro...i'm planning on doing my first comp next may if i can bring my legs up enough. being so young i've got the time to fill out my frame.

skip: sure, i would appreciate it if you could move it for me. just looking for honest opinions on potential, weak and strong points, and suggestions on training. thanks again.

Comment

bump for an asskicking.lol let me have it fellas, seriously.

Comment

Well, I hope it doesn't come off as an ass kickin' but here is my opinion, bro:

First, I will say that your height vs. weight has you at a disadvantage in that if you were to strip bodyfat right NOW to about 5%, drop water and hit the stage, you would be hitting the stage somewhere around 170, give or take. That means that you would be a middleweight in a non-tested show at 5'11". Now THAT is an ass whoopin'. ; )

Okay, so you have about a year, correct? First priority is the legs. No matter your upper body development and even if you were the same size but only 5'5", your legs would get your ass kicked in a show. By the time you cut up and hit the stage, there wouldn't be much left on them leg bones, bro.

Next priority is basically just overall size. To do this, make damned sure you are recovering with enough rest, sleep, food, etc., and you should grow quite well, bro. I would re-assess in another 6 months to see where you are. You have some decent size through your chest, back and delts but you need to balance everything out especially the upper body vs. the lower body.

Can you do it? If you want to do it, you will. Only you know that, bro.

I wish you well and I hope my opinion helps.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                      Instagram: @intensemuscle
                      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Well, your back is obviously your strong point right now and your legs are your weakest point. I can see where surgery on the knee could damper on leg training. I think you have a nice shape overall, but you will definitely need a lot more mass to compete.
                        "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Ditto on all above comments: lots of potential!!!

You have very wide shoulders. Fill those out and bring the legs to match and you'll be a tough superheavy. Its a long road to haul, but it will be worth it...

-R
                          The Book Has Arrived!
                          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

thanks to everyone for their input and advice. i was planning on hooking up w/ dc at the beginning of july but my dog had to have surgery and it set me back quite a few $$$. i've pieced together a dc style workout routine and am trying to work on a diet but i'm sure it's nothing compared to the real thing. i'm just saving right now until i can afford it.

Comment

Powerlifting is another way to build great thick dense muscel mass.
                              ever see Gary Franks? there is nobody thicker or denser, or STRONGER, not even my boy Ronnie....
                              SweatMachine
                              (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

Working...
                              X