No announcement yet.

5"6" 24 yrs old 147 lbs where to go from here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep me posted and I hope your week is off to a great start.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Wow good stuff here man, you are really killing it!
      Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Wow good stuff here man, you are really killing it!
        Thank you man! Just trying to lay the perfect brick day over day and see where I end up! Really love this stuff!

Comment

Hey Skip! Back with another update as I wrapped up another 12 weeks of mountaindog training, program 3 championship season. Went through it continuing to eat and train with continued growth in mind. Stayed in the 158-160 weight range with today’s weight being 159.0lbs on the dot and my scale recording me in at 13.6% bf. So didn’t really put on weight all that much maybe a pound or two. Did see some nice strength gains, however, on the program. I was able to hit 165x4 on incline barbell bench, 365x2 on conventional deads, and 315x4 on my high bar squat. Other lifts saw nice improvements as well and I am nearing the stack for lying leg curls for reps so super happy with how my lifts are progressing. Physique wise I don’t really have as good an eye so not sure how much progress was made there. But relatively happy with body comp at this weight. Plan (barring any other recommendations from yourself) is to deload this upcoming week and head into program 4 indomitable. And on the diet side continue to try to eat for growth. Will definitely need to dial that in and ensure I’m eating enough cals this go around if that’s the case. Other than that body feels good, pumps are great and was super stoked with the strength progress!
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't have a lot of time because I have a lot of clients in shows over the next few weekends (and that last couple), but I will say this:

I compared the front and back double biceps pose, and I do think that you have grown even though your weight hasn't changed much. You also look a tad leaner now so it could well have included some "recomp" which would make sense given the small increase in weight. More importantly, though, is that you can now take this higher strength level into a more hypertrophy-based training plan and benefit even more.

And just because my time is tight right now, I still appreciate you checking in and keeping me posted. I am sincerely interested in your progress. I don't know if I said it before or not, but you remind me a lot of me when I was just starting out as a teenager. I realize you aren't a teenager, but I was when I started and I see parallels. I WISHED someone would have taken a few minutes to answer my questions or support me when I was younger.

I like the idea of the deload and then transitioning into a new program. Please continue to keep us posed and keep grindin'!

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to even read these let alone send back thoughtful responses. So the gratefulness is fully from my end and I’m truly thankful for the time you take to respond to my updates. It definitely is a great accountability tool and really helps me stay on track knowing I’m going to post an update to this thread. So thank you, Skip, for holding me to it. I appreciate the feedback and I will carry on with the deload and into my next program! Hope your clients are killing it in their shows man!

all the best,
              Zach

Comment

You are welcome and I appreciate that YOU appreciate it, too.

I look forward to your next update!

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  I'm curious how old you are.

Your physique is quite balanced and you have good shape. It's too bad that you have no desire to compete because as you build more tissues, if you are able to keep this shape and balance, you might do very well on stage, in time.

If you are looking for something completely different, I have 2 options for you. Keep in mind that these 2 options aren't long-term recommendations but they could provide you a radically different stimulus for 2-4 months as a change of pace:

1. 5x5
                  2. Mountain Dog and Dave Tate (elitefts) recently put together a kind of "powerbuilding" program that combines powerlifting strength training with bodybuilding movements. This could provide a stimulus that could keep you interested AND growing.

Skip
                  These are both excellent programs and great advices. You have a great physique and you are young. Train hard, be patient. Ive always trained a Powerbuilding type of program.
                  Some sort of progression (5/3/1 etc, or 5x5) for the big-4 (SQ, Bench, DL, OHP) and then bodybuilding/hypertrophy type training for the assistance exercises.

Comment

Working...
                  X