Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proving Yourself

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Proving Yourself

    I read an article in September issue of Star magazine, at the dentist office, about Ronald Kickinger doing a movie based on the 1981 Olympia and playing the role of Arnold.

    There was a good quote from him I wanted to post up about proving yourself, which I think hold very true in the gym and on the forums.

    The bigger you are, the more sensitive you are - really! You can compare it with dog world. When you see a little dog, they are always barking - they need to prove themselves or the big dogs will take the meat. When you see a Doberman they don't bark a lot, they don't need to. The meat is always there for them.
    Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

    Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

  • #2
    I believe Arnold said something similar. I can not remember the exact quote, but it went a little something like this...

    Two cars pull up to a stop light. One's a teenager in a Cavalier with a paintjob, rims, and a spoiler on the back and he starts revving the engine all to hell trying to intimidate the other driver. Well, the other car next to him is a Lamborghini (or Ferrari, I forget which he said), and the Lambo driver is calm and collected and just goes about his business. The Lambo driver doesn't need to prove himself, he KNOWS he has a badass car and so does everyone else. He could rape 99% of road cars any old day of the week, and he knows it. The Cavalier takes off at the green light like he's running the 1/4, and the Lambo gradually accelerates and stays within the speed limit.
    Last edited by USMuscle9403; 11-22-2004, 01:02 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I guess I can relate, both to the car thing and the bodybuilder thing. I don't drive a fast car (OK, I don't drive any car except for my mom's, mine's still in the shop damnit), but it's fairly quick I guess. It's a Camaro Z28 mildly modded. When you drive a car like that that's known for being a little on the quick side, you attract lots of attention from douche bags in their riced out Hondas, Neons, etc. that think the stickers on their car make them run 12s when they run about 16s instead WITH mods. I usually ignore most of these guys, but some of them become incredibly annoying and it's just oh-so-fun to put some of these guys in their place They'll pull up beside you, rev their bumblebee engines all to hell, talk shit out the window, gesture towards you, etc. No surprise that most of them are just ghetto-fab, thug wanna-bes. Then when the light turns green they'll accelerate (or atleast try) like they're racing while I just drive like I normally would. Congratulations fucktard, you beat a car that wasn't racing. If they try it at the next stop light, then I show them what's up if there's no one else around I usually pull a few cars on them before they even are a car length ahead of the line, LOL. Then when I slow down, they'll speed by like they beat me. Right

      And about the bodybuilder thing, I bet people have noticed the same thing I have. Do you tend to notice that all the truly big muscular guys hardly ever show themselves in the gym? Sure there are some big bodybuilders that wear tank tops or whatever, but the majority are covered from head to toe in sweats or they're wearing athletic pants and long-sleeved shirts. They might have their sleeves rolled up or they may have the neck cut out for a more free range of motion and for comfort, and the only way you can tell how big they are is how fucking thick they look through their sweats and how big their forearms and traps are. It's usually the 150lb wanna-bes that have all their buddies rowing 135 off them for 10 reps on bench every day in the gym that wear the tight little beaters and walk around with ILS. The truly big dudes walk a little liek that too, but you know why? Because their lats are pushing into their triceps

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by USMuscle9403
        I believe Arnold said something similar. I can not remember the exact quote, but it went a little something like this...

        Two cars pull up to a stop light. One's a teenager in a Cavalier with a paintjob, rims, and a spoiler on the back and he starts revving the engine all to hell trying to intimidate the other driver. Well, the other car next to him is a Lamborghini (or Ferrari, I forget which he said), and the Lambo driver is calm and collected and just goes about his business. The Lambo driver doesn't need to prove himself, he KNOWS he has a badass car and so does everyone else. He could rape 99% of road cars any old day of the week, and he knows it. The Cavalier takes off at the green light like he's running the 1/4, and the Lambo gradually accelerates and stays within the speed limit.

        Another quote thats good!!!

        Racing in a Rice Rocket is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win....your still a retard!
        bwaaahaha.

        Comment


        • #5
          What'd you change your name for?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by USMuscle9403
            I guess I can relate, both to the car thing and the bodybuilder thing. I don't drive a fast car (OK, I don't drive any car except for my mom's, mine's still in the shop damnit), but it's fairly quick I guess. It's a Camaro Z28 mildly modded. When you drive a car like that that's known for being a little on the quick side, you attract lots of attention from douche bags in their riced out Hondas, Neons, etc. that think the stickers on their car make them run 12s when they run about 16s instead WITH mods. I usually ignore most of these guys, but some of them become incredibly annoying and it's just oh-so-fun to put some of these guys in their place They'll pull up beside you, rev their bumblebee engines all to hell, talk shit out the window, gesture towards you, etc. No surprise that most of them are just ghetto-fab, thug wanna-bes. Then when the light turns green they'll accelerate (or atleast try) like they're racing while I just drive like I normally would. Congratulations fucktard, you beat a car that wasn't racing. If they try it at the next stop light, then I show them what's up if there's no one else around I usually pull a few cars on them before they even are a car length ahead of the line, LOL. Then when I slow down, they'll speed by like they beat me. Right

            And about the bodybuilder thing, I bet people have noticed the same thing I have. Do you tend to notice that all the truly big muscular guys hardly ever show themselves in the gym? Sure there are some big bodybuilders that wear tank tops or whatever, but the majority are covered from head to toe in sweats or they're wearing athletic pants and long-sleeved shirts. They might have their sleeves rolled up or they may have the neck cut out for a more free range of motion and for comfort, and the only way you can tell how big they are is how fucking thick they look through their sweats and how big their forearms and traps are. It's usually the 150lb wanna-bes that have all their buddies rowing 135 off them for 10 reps on bench every day in the gym that wear the tight little beaters and walk around with ILS. The truly big dudes walk a little liek that too, but you know why? Because their lats are pushing into their triceps

            LMAO @ "riced out"

            -------------
            [email protected]
            [email protected]
            [email protected] :flip:
            www.trueprotein.com :smooch:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by USMuscle9403
              What'd you change your name for?
              that's not creator, the avatars are very similar.
              each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

              <--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
              for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

              Comment


              • #8
                And both 23, both from Toronto. hmmm....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by USMuscle9403
                  And both 23, both from Toronto. hmmm....
                  Ok, you're right, lol,....... but I'm wondering why creator,......ehhh I mean Dan-o, I mean...... whatever, why in the f**k does he have 2 profiles,..... is Dan-o the afternoon profile or something,.................... I'm confused,..... oh I need to go, I forgot to turn on my monday profile.
                  each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

                  <--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                  for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by USMuscle9403
                    What'd you change your name for?

                    ooops, I did not change my name, left my other username logged in, that the second time that happened.

                    Its my teamskip name
                    Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

                    Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Egill
                      Ok, you're right, lol,....... but I'm wondering why creator,......ehhh I mean Dan-o, I mean...... whatever, why in the f**k does he have 2 profiles,..... is Dan-o the afternoon profile or something,.................... I'm confused,..... oh I need to go, I forgot to turn on my monday profile.



                      one word for you bro, :dcchomp:
                      Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

                      Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I met Rolland and he was very disrespectful, saying some shit about my ex GF and her nice body right in front of me, so i just said my peice and took him as the asshole he seamed to be....i lay down for no one
                        im not hardcore, im not cool, pretending any different would be acting the fool--- ill leave that to those who are good at it

                        Training for the Proffesional Natural Olympia fall 2006

                        RESPECT ALL, ADMIRE FEW, IDOLIZE NONE

                        SQUAT TILL YER EYES BLEED!!!! IM GOIN PLATNUM STRAIT TO THE TOP NEVER STOP UNLESS I DROP.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Creator_11



                          one word for you bro, :dcchomp:
                          lol, thanks.


                          ooops, I did not change my name, left my other username logged in, that the second time that happened.

                          Its my teamskip name
                          that explains it,..... hey why don't I have a teamskip name, lol.
                          each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

                          <--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                          for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X