true protein?, foam in shakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• true protein?, foam in shakes.

I'we noticed that the whey protein cold filtrated which I am using now which is plain gets pretty foamy when blending it with water and extremely foamy when using a shaker bottle,.... this never happened when using whey isolate with chocolate flavour or my night time shake (wpc & calc.caseinate) with flavour.

I have a shaker bottle which is very common (<----the same type as Batdog uses, lol I can't post without mentioning Batdog),..... after my last meal I put a 40g protein in it and about 250ml water, then again 250ml water to clean the shaker bottle more but there is still pretty much protein left, it's also very hard to drink the shake when it's very foamy.

So DC & tpc or anyone, have you experienced any difference between the amount of foam between the proteins, or with/without flavour, and are there any tricks to avoid this.
    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

we have discussed this before...all whey protein isolates, should not be shaken for this reason. the agglomeration process (instantizing) causes it to foam if shaken. the best thing to do, is to take a large cup add your water, then add your protein. take a spoon and stir it for about 15-30 seconds, then let it sit for 60 seconds and it will be smooth and chunk free with no foam.

thanks,
    doug
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

we have discussed this before...
      strange I thought I had read every thread here, lol,.... I must have forgotten it.

all whey protein isolates, should not be shaken for this reason. the agglomeration process (instantizing) causes it to foam if shaken. the best thing to do, is to take a large cup add your water, then add your protein. take a spoon and stir it for about 15-30 seconds, then let it sit for 60 seconds and it will be smooth and chunk free with no foam.

thanks,
      doug
      Thanks Doug, I'll start doing that,....... I'm still wondering why I didn't have that problem with my chocolate flavoured whey protein isolate when using a shaker bottle (well at least nothing that bothered me), maybe the cocoa is helping, I'll try adding some cocoa to my shakes.

Comment

I take mine, add water, give it a few vigours SHAKES (yeah, thats right!), and yes it does foam some, but it mixes perfectly. I then kinda swirl t around a little, and let it sit for 30 seconds (if it needs to), and then down it. Cheers.
        "I got rocks on my hands just like a dope fiend."

Comment

Originally posted by boffo234
          I take mine, add water, give it a few vigours SHAKES (yeah, thats right!), and yes it does foam some, but it mixes perfectly. I then kinda swirl t around a little, and let it sit for 30 seconds (if it needs to), and then down it. Cheers.
          Yeah, that's like when I was using my whey protein isolate chocolate flavoured but the whey protein cold filtrated (plain) foams like crazy, it's like soap.

Comment

Or you can do like I do and mix your shake before you work out. Shake the shit out of it and let it settle for a while. By the time you come back to it it's foam free.

Comment

just barely pulse blend it in a blender and it will come out fine--hit pulse on low speed 4-5 times and your good to go
              @dante_trudel

Comment

I shake it maybe four times times hard in minimal water. Then I add more water after that and just swirl it around as if it was being mixed by a spoon. This helps reduce the foam a lot. I let it set for about 30 seconds and it has virtually no foam after that. The colder the water the better for less foaming.
                What really happened to Abe Lincoln - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtzryVP1BA

Comment

thanks for all the help guy's.

Comment

man, i usualy take a shaker cup with my 3 scoops of isolate with me for after my workout. when im done i just add water and shake it. is that bad to do? that won't damage any protein right, lol?
                    TRAIN
                    EAT
                    SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

Originally posted by JnJ23
                      is that bad to do? that won't damage any protein right, lol?
                      no, it will not damage the protein...

d
                      TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

Originally posted by tpc
                        no, it will not damage the protein...

d
                        lol ok good...
                        TRAIN
                        EAT
                        SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

Originally posted by tpc
                          the best thing to do, is to take a large cup add your water, then add your protein. take a spoon and stir it for about 15-30 seconds, then let it sit for 60 seconds and it will be smooth and chunk free with no foam.

thanks,
                          doug
                          i just tried that and it had to be one of the smoothest shakes in the world. thanks for your protein mixing expertise.
                          www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Working...
                          X