upper body vs. lower body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upper body vs. lower body

ok, heres the problem. since i have been working out consistently, my legs have progressed very well, although my arms have been lagging. My legs had a strong base because i had to go through therapy for my knees since i was 12, and just finished about 1 year ago. I was doing leg press, jogging on treadmill, bodyweight lunges. my legs have had no problem progressing since then. But my upper body just doesnt seem to be moving along too well. My bench is low, my curls are low, dips are low, and pretty much everything else with my upper body. Is there some way i can move my arms along more, so that i can look like a monster on upperbody days as well as lower body days? thnx in advance for the help....
    -----------------------------------
    TrueProtein.com
    Discount Code: grm229
    ------------------------------------

Well your 16 right, so whats your height an weight? Your only going to gain arm size by gaining overall bodymass, by eating more, training hard and giving your body time to rest. plus because your 16 you've got years ahead of you. Its all about progressing in the gym, an making sure your body gets the protein, carbs, fats, calories it needs to keep growing.

Comment

Try different rep ranges.

Comment

Originally posted by asim
        Well your 16 right, so whats your height an weight? Your only going to gain arm size by gaining overall bodymass, by eating more, training hard and giving your body time to rest. plus because your 16 you've got years ahead of you. Its all about progressing in the gym, an making sure your body gets the protein, carbs, fats, calories it needs to keep growing.

yes, im only 16. I am 6ft. tall, and i weigh 143 lbs.
        TrueProtein.com

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
          Try different rep ranges.

i agree...

experiment
          TRAIN
          EAT
          SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

I agree that it's gonna take a while. Keep eating and we'll see in a while how you're progressing! Rome wasn't pillaged in a day.
            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
            Good luck
            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul
              I agree that it's gonna take a while. Keep eating and we'll see in a while how you're progressing! Rome wasn't pillaged in a day.
              ok, then ill keep at it, and ill let you know how things are going in a little while...
              TrueProtein.com

Comment

I havent seen a 143lb guy with 20 inch arms yet. Ive seen alot of 243lb guys that have them though......something to think about on how to get from point b from point a
                @dante_trudel

Comment

hell when I was 143lbs (I was very lean though, lol) my arms were 11,5 inches and I am 6 feet tall like you antihero,....... well I'we got long limbs and my bone structure is small.
                  each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                  for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

whats the latest weigh in egill?

antihero, are you progressing strength wise in your upper body lifts? every rep is 1 rep closer to your goal. just make sure you progress strength wise and keep eating. eat to grow, lift to grow, sleep to grow, and do well in school..... umm yeah, thats about it. and remember - 3000 calories is not 3000 calories, so choose your food wisely whenever you can if that makes sense.
                    www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

stick to the paln, and let it work, time takes time
                      im not hardcore, im not cool, pretending any different would be acting the fool--- ill leave that to those who are good at it

Training for the Proffesional Natural Olympia fall 2006

RESPECT ALL, ADMIRE FEW, IDOLIZE NONE

SQUAT TILL YER EYES BLEED!!!! IM GOIN PLATNUM STRAIT TO THE TOP NEVER STOP UNLESS I DROP.

Comment

just relax and take your time. No one woke up in the morning and had 21 inch arms and could squat 500 for ten reps.

Comment

Originally posted by berkshirebody
                          stick to the paln, and let it work, time takes time
                          yeah..stick to the paln.....

Time takes time?.....I thought it was Love takes time?.....but I could be wrong huh?
                          Massive G
                          Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

whats the latest weigh in egill?
                            at the end of last blast I was 165lbs, I'm 2 weeks into blast now so we'll see if I'll be heawier than that in the "4 week" weight in. I gained almost nothing last blast (pretty pissed about that, lol), but I'we done some minor adjustments and hope I'll gain more this blast.
                            each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                            for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Good number is 1" for every 20-25 lbs gained, roughly...
                              "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Working...
                              X