Casein question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casein question

jesus i just tried my first casein shake before bed ( two scoops casein, 1 scoop whey protein isolate ion exchange) from true protein. well it just about killed me. that casein stuff practically exploded inside my shaker soon as it touched the carb counters milk and got so thick i could barely get it down. i was able to suck the top half out but the bottom half was only comin outa there with a spoon. now dont get me wrong, i can eat with the best of em, but this was tough. how do u guys get this down every night? or did i pick the wrong mix to take pre bed????? :albert:
    thanks

You used too much casein.

Comment

You should have just gotten a pre-mixed blend. I wouldn't make your shake anymore than 50% casein, even less is enough.

Comment

sheesh, its not THAT bad. i'd say its kinda like strawberry flavored chalk powder.... man i guess i was a dummy.. in my first trueprotein order, i pulled out that bag of strawberry flavored casien and made me a shake... did it for about 2 weeks and got tired of the oddness of it.
        www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
          You should have just gotten a pre-mixed blend. I wouldn't make your shake anymore than 50% casein, even less is enough.
          i wouldn't go more than 50% casein either, even then your shake is going to be chaulky as hell. just comes with the territory...

d
          TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

i remember my first casein shake - bloody thick stuff.lol

i mix mine in a blender now with cottage cheese and suger free jelly mix, stick it in the fridge and eat it like a pudding before bed - tastes a bit like cheesecake.
            Some people are so afraid of dying they never actually start living.

Comment

I use my 50/50 unflavored CC/WPC shake in water (or Crystal Light) right before bed every night with no problems. Just shake it up well and add more fluid as necessary.

Comment

Working...
              X