X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ApoCz
    Bantamweight Member
    • Jun 2004

Why do I bother

The bellow pic, my former training partner. We are the same age, He has been working out the same length of time as me (one year); he follows no diet (drinks booze every weekend, junk food, crap basically 2-3 times a day) misses workouts, only just started legs. I mean 2 weeks and he’s already stronger than me. I put in so much effort and look like a sloppy turd compared to him. So what’s this shit about somebodies hard work, effort and sacrifice, suppose to pay off? LIFE FUCKING SUCKS.

*edit* you don't understand how much this is tearing me up, fucking hell it's upsetting. Sorry I'm venting here, I know, I know don't compare yourself to others, genetics etc but it still fucking hurts.
    Last edited by ApoCz; 10-26-2004, 11:24 AM.
    Training Like Crapp Takes Intensity
  • GetnBigr
    IM Veteran Member
    • Mar 2004

Some people are just plain ole LUCKY; the rest of us have to hard 3 or 4 times harder just to keep up. Keep your head bro and keep trudging along, you will get where you want to be.
    "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

• USMuscle9403
      Banned
      • Apr 2004

C'mon dude, he's nothing. He looks just like every other chest/biceps/abs kid out there. Do you think I like seeing people that go into the gym and do anything, eat anything and don't get any rest coming out huge and ripped? Hell no I don't. You have to play the cards you're dealt, not all of us have a royal flush when we're born. It should be more motivation for you.

Comment

• ncsports
        Lightweight Member
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
        C'mon dude, he's nothing. He looks just like every other chest/biceps/abs kid out there.
        that was my 1st thought too.

dont worry about it. in the long run you will reach your goal. strength is a relative term as well.

just stay consistent and you will get there.

Comment

• ApoCz
          Bantamweight Member
          • Jun 2004

By saying he is nothing doesn't really help, because I am nothing next to him. For a years worth of half assing it I think thats something. It's not so much the point that he has done much better on nothing, it's the point that I've done the things ie - DC training and the food (THIS IS NOT A SHOT AGAINEST DC TRAINING, IT SEEMS TO VERY WORK WELL FOR MOST), and the effort in = half the expected results in both muscle and bodyfat. My whole life feels like that, I bust my ass at something and i never get out of it what I felt I've put in.

Comment

• ntrllftr
            Banned unless Skip changes his mind
            • Oct 2004

Let me get this straight you have been working out for ONLY one year?
            It takes time, This is were you put in even MORE effort than you have been. Make every workout like it will be your last one. Screw what anyone els acheives. In BB IT IS ALL WHAT YOU PUT INTO IT. If you rate yourself with someone els you will NEVER get anywhere.

Comment

• Massive G
              Super Moderator/Roundtable Expert
              • Apr 2004

Do you have many pictures of men with their shirts off?
              Massive G
              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

• Massive G
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ApoCz
                By saying he is nothing doesn't really help, because I am nothing next to him. For a years worth of half assing it I think thats something. It's not so much the point that he has done much better on nothing, it's the point that I've done the things ie - DC training and the food (THIS IS NOT A SHOT AGAINEST DC TRAINING, IT SEEMS TO VERY WORK WELL FOR MOST), and the effort in = half the expected results in both muscle and bodyfat. My whole life feels like that, I bust my ass at something and i never get out of it what I felt I've put in.
                No offense here intended....but as HARD as you THINK you've trained and dieted for a WHOLE year and a half.....it ain't shit.....and one day you'll realize that...You're just at the very beginning of your journey...time to suck it up and rededicate yourself to attaining a higher level of excellence
                Massive G
                Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

• BeeJ
                  Middleweight Member
                  • Aug 2004

You've never known anybody who is genetically gifted/better than you at something? If this is the first person you have met, I assure you, you will meet others. I had a friend who would cram one night before a test and get a 98 on it everytime. It drove me nuts as I would study a week before it and get a low A and be stoked until I heard about him. I have another friend who can get a hot cool girl in literally every week if he wanted too. I've always had to put in a lot more time than that. I've met people who are twice as strong and big as me who put in half the effort as well. It's called life and you need to get used to it. It isn't always fair and you will have dissapointments. Just keep doing what you are doing, because believe me, its the only way you will be able to accomplish your goals if you want them bad enough.
                  What really happened to Abe Lincoln - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtzryVP1BA

Comment

• Hanuman
                    Lightweight Member
                    • Jun 2004

Bro, how old are you ?

Dude, I hate to only repeat what others have told you but its the truth ..., you just started and it is all what you put into it !

The whole "Life Sucks, poor me " just doesnt fly in my book. It is something very common and what you are ( according to your own words ) is something very far from common indeed.

Keep at it bro, save the ebnergy for your training ... it will help you in all areas of your life
                    Stay Hard and Get Huge !

Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius , power and magic in it. Begin it now. - Goethe

Comment

• BeeJ
                      Middleweight Member
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FrigginHuge
                      Do you have many pictures of men with their shirts off?
                      No crap! Throw that pic away for crying out loud. If I told my friends I wanted to take a picture of them with their shirt off in a dark room they would spit in my face.
                      What really happened to Abe Lincoln - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtzryVP1BA

Comment

• jimpaul
                        • Apr 2004

Apocz I know what your talking about. Hang in there. It works. Sometimes it's just finding out what your recovery limits are. If your truly eating like you should, I would look into recovery. Sometimes scaling back some will kick in growth. At least it has for me.

jim
                        ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                        Good luck
                        Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                        SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                        TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

• ApoCz
                          Bantamweight Member
                          • Jun 2004

When you’re young and the things that keep you going, the world that surrounds you, when you realise things... some never do, the truly strong persist and the ignorant live happy and obvious. This is life, my struggles or accomplishments mean nothing to you nor does comparing myself to my fellow man really mean anything to me. So why are we given the ability to have such feelings and think such thoughts? Aren’t we just animals, special in our own thoughts? Those who help others are truly special, one that can handle their troubles and reach out to another deserve thanks. Sometimes I wouldn't like to have been born, but all of this shit strengthens the soul and makes this journey of life worth fighting for.

is what your probably thinking, so be it I don't care, it's how I'm chosing to deal, so get over it - it helps me too.

Comment

• TheLil'Missus
                            Heavyweight Member
                            • Jun 2004

One more thought. To those that have things come easy to them, nothing matters. The easy grades...they don't bother to LEARN the info. The easy girls ( )...they don't bother to ever really get to know them and never have any relationship with value. The weight lifting...he's never gonna know how to take care of his body and is more likely to abuse it out of ignorance. Whether it's money given to the rich kid who never learns how to manage it and ends up losing it all or the gorgeous person that never has to have a personality and can't understand where all their "friends" have gone when times are tough, having to earn what you have makes you a better person. Sometimes it just takes a while to get there. I won't tell you to not compare yourself to your training partner as you're gonna anyway, but I will say you'd be far better off to find someone with the dedication level you have. Good luck!
                            "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
                            Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

• Doggcrapp
                              • Feb 2004

It took me almost 2 years when I started to just try to catch my freinds bodyweights and get to 195lbs(smooth). I ran with a model looking group of guys in my late teens and early 20's who were pulling girls left and right, all these guys had great genetics, one was about 190 shredded to the bone and muscular as hell, another was 215lbs with abs/striations and won natural shows with half ass training, another was 250lbs with the worst training and eating ever (incredible genetics). Girls used to drool all over that guy, we could never figure it out--he looked like Baby Huey with a shirt off and the second coming of Arnold with a sweater on and they would just flutter at the sight of him. That guy could gain 10lbs of muscle every 2 months, it was sick and he hated lifting. And then there was me, being meticulous, never missing training, with crappy genetics but a "never doubt my ass" attitude. I caught them, bypassed them, severely bypassed them, and then absolutely dwarfed them all because they had something I didnt (genetics) but I had something they didnt (sheer fucking willpower). GET YOUR FUCKING HEAD ON STRAIGHT AND GET THIS DONE
                              IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

Working...