Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should take up needlepoint...

This happened yesterday... but I didn't get a chance to post it:
    So I was working with one of my patients at work - setting him up with a machine... and he was talking to another guy about what they used to weigh when they were "in the service"... my patient is about 6' tall... and he was saying "yeah, i used to be 170, that was perfect... but now I'm up to 215" ... and the other patient says "Oh yeah... you should definitely be around 170, like this guy here..." AND HE POINTS AT ME :angry: and says "So, how much do you weigh?" I said "Well, right now I'm about 230." The guy looked at me and said "No way"... my patient said "Oh yeah, he's solid" ... but the other guy kept going on: "Oh, you must have heavy bones or something!" :angry::angry::angry:
    I stepped on the scale to prove it and it read 232 with my work clothes on...
    I was pretty bummed out for the rest of the day... all I could think of was "170"... As if that wasn't bad enough my co-workers who overheard the exchange decided to nickname me "Agent 1 7 0" ... great!! I should go take up needlepoint or something...

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

wow, that must suck....i say you should -> :enforcer:
    -----------------------------------
    TrueProtein.com
    Discount Code: grm229
    ------------------------------------

Comment

That's pretty funny.

Come on now.......you gotta admit it.

Most people (me included) can NOT guess a person's weight. There are women my size that I figure are around my weight.....not. They weigh 10 - 15 - 20 lbs more!

Just laugh it off.
      Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
      Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
      www.TrueProtein.com
      *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

Hey don't worry about it, I'm at 241 and everyone always guesses me at around 200, sometimes 220 at the most. Most people don't believe me when I tell them I'm 240+, I have to step on the scale for them I DO have a very big frame though, except in my arms for some reason...

Comment

Don't get me wrong guys, I thought it was pretty funny... I'm not that emotionally scarred from it
          Unfortunately I think the "Agent 170" thing might stick around for a while... knowing the guys I work with anyway

I actually thought I was looking pretty big that day... but I guess in the mind of your typical non-bber anyone that looks like they are not 'fat' and look like they work out must be in what they consider a 'reasonable' weight range for their height... so apparently the 5'7" 140lb 80 year old guy thinks 170 is a good weight for someone who is 6'1"... :kick:
          Last edited by PTAaron; 10-12-2004, 10:51 PM.

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

You are right, I work at a retirement home, and if you don't carry any fat they all think that you are definetly around the 170pd. mark.......under 200pd. for sure. Plus clothes are deceiving to what is really underneath. Maybe you should walk around naked and show them your goods....they prob. guess well over 200pd.'s then. -l.o.l!! People are just jealous too. Although you are not scarred it does bum you out for a bit. Well agent
            1 7 0......keep pumping the iron and just keep in mind of who that comment came from. :showoff:

Comment

Yea could definitely be jealousy too, that's a huge factor. No one wants to think that they weigh less than someone else, so they pick a nice weight that someoen would be at if they had only been working out a little while, LOL. Then again it IS hard to judge someone's weight. People usually guess me at 200-220 and I guessed one guy at the gym to be about 260, needless to say he hopped on the scale and was 280+. It's an accurate scale too, I weigh within 2-3 lbs of that weight on every scale I've been on.

Comment

It just goes to show that people are retarded.....At 315 I've had people tell me ..."Damn dude,you're huge.What do you weight,260?".....Now I usually just tell them 'somewhere between 250 and 350'....that pretty much covers it
                Massive G
                Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Originally posted by ironwillprinces
                  ..... Plus clothes are deceiving to what is really underneath. Maybe you should walk around naked and show them your goods....they prob. guess well over 200pd.'s then. -l.o.l!! ........... :showoff:

Heee heeee heeeeee....... :iagree:
                  Kid's Wench :flex: and Bon-Bon's sis
                  Ask me about FitnessXLOnline.com
                  www.TrueProtein.com
                  *use FXL222 for a discount on your 1st purchase

Comment

Working...
                  X