Stretch marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretch marks

I've got 'em on my shoulders, a little on my biceps, and on my back near my armpit.

Anyways, w hat do you do to get rid of them? I've been rubbing them with Vitamin E lotion, so far no luck. Do I just need to keep doing it?

Thanks guys.
    23 years old, 6'3", 240lbs :showoff:

430 strapped deadlift
    255 belted squat for reps :fresty:
    225 incline BB :fresty:

GETTING THERE!

I will stand corrected if I am wrong but this is what I know about stretch marks:

You won't rub a damned thing on the surface of the skin to get rid of them OR to prevent them. The reason is because a stretch mark is a scar that is produced due to the bottom layer of skin not being elastic enough to handle the skin stretching. Lotions don't work because they don't penetrate the skin but rather only hydrate the top layer of skin.

I have seen studies done with zinc that even at low dosages has proven to be almost 100% effective in not producing ANY stretch marks in pregnant women. A zinc deficiency causes the skin to be much less elastic than it should be.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

They are a badge of honor....keep em!

TH
      For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

Yeah, can't get rid of those damn things, but you can make them less noticeable. When I was preggars I used this stuff I think called Pea in the Pod. It was really nice... i don't have a single stretch mark.... except on my ass, but we won't go there.

Really, vitamin E is the best thing. Use it several times a day.
        Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

did any of you guys try retin a micro. Its an acne medication and is also used to get rid of stretchmarks.

GR03

Comment

Skip is correct, They occur in 50 to 90% of women for a variety of reason and can range from the silvery pink color to bright red or purple lines.

Weight gain is stretching the dermal collagen and elastin beyond breaking point and what you see are the scars formed as the fibres separate.

Stretch marks are forming deep within the skin, so massaging the skin with oils and creams will make you feel better, but unfortunately, you can't prevent them from occurring.

Actually the amount of stretch marks you will have is genetically decided for you...
            "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Welp shit. Oh well, the price of lifting I suppose, I can deal with it.

FWIW I've got some Retin-A at home in Houston, I'll pick it up when I go this weekend. If it works like its supposed to I'll let ya'll know, if not, it didn't hurt trying.
              23 years old, 6'3", 240lbs :showoff:

430 strapped deadlift
              255 belted squat for reps :fresty:
              225 incline BB :fresty:

GETTING THERE!

Comment

Retin A is a prescription drug, though. It DOES penetrate the first layer of skin from what I understand so this might have an impact on stretch marks, I don't really know. Things like vitamin E and "utter butter" (my personal favorite for the name alone) don't do a damned thing.

I would argue that stretch marks are entirely hereditary, though. I think that some people may genetically have less elastic skin but I still feel that the zinc studies have something to them.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Skip, How bout this one for you, now my family is big, ok fat, I am the runt and my brother, pops and mom we all have the same looking stretch marks on our sides, upper arms and inner thighs, I mean to the T in color and shape of them, now I remember being in the Dermatologists office as a kid with my mom and that doc even then saying that is is heredity to an extent.

Now I have some on my body from lifting that the rest of the family does not have and trust me, I am never one to beleive heredity for anything except looks, but this one deffinitly made me think...
                  "That damn log book"

Comment

I have them all over my stomach from years of being a lard ass,,,, I just have learned to live with them
                    I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Originally posted by bigp3
                      I have them all over my stomach from years of being a lard ass,,,, I just have learned to live with them
                      Tell me I have them even on my feet, lol...
                      "That damn log book"

Comment

iv'e got some pretty gnarly lookin one on the insides of my thighs that are actually pretty painful to the touch
                        My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                          Skip, How bout this one for you, now my family is big, ok fat, I am the runt and my brother, pops and mom we all have the same looking stretch marks on our sides, upper arms and inner thighs, I mean to the T in color and shape of them, now I remember being in the Dermatologists office as a kid with my mom and that doc even then saying that is is heredity to an extent.

Now I have some on my body from lifting that the rest of the family does not have and trust me, I am never one to beleive heredity for anything except looks, but this one deffinitly made me think...
                          Fair enough. I just didn't want anyone to think that they are doomed to stretch marks because their parents may have had them, that's all.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Skip
                            Fair enough. I just didn't want anyone to think that they are doomed to stretch marks because their parents may have had them, that's all.

Skip
                            Not at all, I always say, "heredity is the wick, your lifestyle is the flame", nothing is set in stone on what your parents have...
                            "That damn log book"

Comment

my dad has a big johnson,,,, does that mean if I have more sex under the wick principle my prick will get bigger,,,, damn I thought all hope was lost,, thanks for the inspiration IH. I may have a chance yet... LOL
                              I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Working...
                              X