Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it Anatomically Possible to Possess very short clavicles and extremely wide lats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it Anatomically Possible to Possess very short clavicles and extremely wide lats?

Say a guy with short narrow clavicles started bodybuilding and he's hitting back hard consistently with wide grip chins, wide grip hanging lat stretches, rack chins, etc and 10 years later he has a monster back with crazy wide lats, will his clavicles still be short? will he still look narrow from the front? Or does all that back work stretch out his upper body frame in totality and make him look wide from the front too. What do you guys think? And most importantly, what does Doggcrapp have to say about this.

Wide grip stuff =/= wide lats

I mean, if you're consistently getting stronger on wide grip stuff then yeah sure you'll get big lats but it's a shitload less efficient than using a shoulder width grip.
    Watch some of Dorian Yates' videos and he'll tell you the same thing.

Sorry for derailing things.
    Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

sry to spam but:

How do you know you have short clavicles?
      in what relation are they to the rest of your body?
      if your waist/hip is even shorter than your clavicles then sure you can look wide

Comment

Bob chic says a close grip makes your back wide. What do the IM experts say?
        :kewlpics:You are correct, Dante did in fact take my avatar pic. lol

Comment

Originally posted by hyperintensity View Post
          Bob chic says a close grip makes your back wide. What do the IM experts say?
          I'm no expert, but what kind of a narcissistic twit obsesses about how wide their damn clavicles are?
          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
          kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
            I'm no expert, but what kind of a narcissistic twit obsesses about how wide their damn clavicles are?
            Like, all bodybuilders. :sammich:

Comment

lol I also heard DB pullovers make your rib cage bigger. Maybe GOTSPEED is onto something.
              :kewlpics:You are correct, Dante did in fact take my avatar pic. lol

Comment

I hang dumbbells from my....
                Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I have always believed in shoulder width grips as building a better back due to a better ROM. The wider you go, the less ROM you get. I do understand that the wide grip is supposed to "pull" the scapula apart but ... not too hip to this idea.

Plus, it should be noted that there is a very good way to find out if your latts are going to get quite big or not and it has nothing to do with clavicle width: Hang from a chin bar and if your scapula come out and stretch out to your sides, the further they poke out the more potential for future back width. Mine still, to this day, don't poke out hardly at all. My wife's are retardedly wide. Bitch.

Point is, there has to be the ability for the scapula to move through a wide range of motion to "widen". It is almost as if the scapula "pushes" your back out when you pose.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I have good results with wide grips on back work, but like Skip said, the wider you go the less ROM you have, however you can go heavier ( for me at least), if the point is to move more weight, and the wider the grip the more posterior delts come into play. Slightly outside shoulder width or shoulder width grip = harder movement= better movement.

For stretches and shit I still prefer a wider grip.
                    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Just to rephrase the OP's original query:

Doing exercise changes the bone structure or not?
                      From my understanding, you can only make the bone density higher, the ligaments and tendons sturdier and muscles heavier, but you can't actually change the shape and length of the bones by working out.

But can you actually change the way bones are arranged leading to the joint? (Sorry for not being very clear with my words)

Comment

depends what age the person is when he starts. If he is say 20+ no, 15ish then maybe.
                        2014 NPC Mr MN State TBD
                        2012 NPC MN state 40+ 1st and 3rd Hvy *Injury :frusty:
                        2012 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 1st SuperHvy
                        2011 NPC Gopher State 40+ 1st and 2nd Open Hvy.
                        2011 NPC Upper Midwest 40+ 1st and Super Hvy 1st
                        2009 Gopher State 4th Hvy and 4th Masters 40+
                        *11 Natural contest 1992-2000 placed top 4 of all
                        88 Natural Mr MN 2nd Teen
                        88 Gopher State 4th Teen Hvy Div 176lbs

Comment

Working...
                        X