Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BJJ Anyone?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Tight Five View Post
    Same for me. I enjoy getting back to having some physical contact in a combative sense (after years of rugby)and the challenge is great. Be prepared to swallow your ego when the smallest guy in the place submits you, but the best part of that is you will learn how to do that yourself eventually
    Oh yes, I've already been warned by my friends who have been doing it for years. I don't have any expectations and I fully expect to be schooled by the smaller guys.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by dropshot001 View Post
      i do it when i go home, work at a mma place called grappling unlimited out of hawaii. pretty fun stuff. one stripe white belt. haven't been home long enough to advance, but i do grapple with some of the guys who fight professionally in hawaii. really fun stuff.

      Who you train wit?? and where????

      Comment


      • #18
        I did submission wrestling for a little over a year, 2 years of kickboxing too. I was doing 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu in Vancouver, loved it. Had to go off DC which sucked though. I'll probably do it again sometime soon.
        Check out www.trueprotein.com and use my Trueprotein promo code to save 5%on everything, and 10% when you order 16+ lbs: KEG730



        "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want most for what they want at the moment." Anonymous

        My Training Log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...=35632&page=4l

        Comment


        • #19
          Ive been going BJJ for a few weeks my self, still able to do DC luckily, had to cruise due to another white belt doing a sumission wrong and popping my elbow, starting bjj back up tomorrow.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by wall_ratt View Post
            Who you train wit?? and where????
            i train under egan inoue, former pride fighter and superbrawl champ.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by dropshot001 View Post
              i train under egan inoue, former pride fighter and superbrawl champ.
              The Studio.. I hear that place is fun... did you get to roll with those kids from the Champion?? Im wit the Gracie camp.

              Comment


              • #22
                I've been training for nearly 4 years now. I was actually wondering if any of you guys had some advice on a DC routine tailored for jiu jitsu. I train in jiu jitsu pretty much 6 days a week (also includes wrestling/muay thai/ S&C/ MMA). I'm looking at competing in a heavier weight category, right now I'm walking around 150-155lbs but I would like to go up to 180lbs (Not many competitors at my level so I always end up in heavier weight class which is not cool at all)
                I've been struggling a lot trying to maintain weight due to the retarded amount of training that I'm doing no matter how much I eat (and I can eat lol). A friend recommend me the DC training I can see that building muscle would be the way to help me retain weight. I just need to figure out what would be suited for me, keeping in mind that competing in jiu jitsu is my thing not body building.

                I would be more than happy to hear from you guys

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by John10thPlanet View Post
                  I've been training for nearly 4 years now. I was actually wondering if any of you guys had some advice on a DC routine tailored for jiu jitsu. I train in jiu jitsu pretty much 6 days a week (also includes wrestling/muay thai/ S&C/ MMA). I'm looking at competing in a heavier weight category, right now I'm walking around 150-155lbs but I would like to go up to 180lbs (Not many competitors at my level so I always end up in heavier weight class which is not cool at all)
                  I've been struggling a lot trying to maintain weight due to the retarded amount of training that I'm doing no matter how much I eat (and I can eat lol). A friend recommend me the DC training I can see that building muscle would be the way to help me retain weight. I just need to figure out what would be suited for me, keeping in mind that competing in jiu jitsu is my thing not body building.

                  I would be more than happy to hear from you guys
                  getting stuck with heavier weight class was an issue for me when i used to train i weighed 140-145 though it did feed my ego i was fighting guys 10-15 heavier than me. that was years ago. you are gonna have to scale back on your sparring to put on that much weight. loui simmons wrote a little about trainning fighters for mma so do a search on that, look at ws4sb as wella 531, eat a whole lot get real strong on compound lifts and hit the accessories sparringly. my old instructer is all over my ass to get back in it now that ive put a little weight on but im probally to old to be competitive 32 haha but would like to get back into it for conditioning not to mention its just a lot of damn fun
                  Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                  -John Ceasar

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Practiced for a year, then had to stop due to cost and time issues.
                    " Tears will get you sympathy. Sweat will get you results."

                    "Losers always whine about their "best"! Winners go home and fuck the prom queen."

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Hell yes! 3 years under Robson Moura. I'm an amateur MMA fighter. BJJ is cool but there is just nothing like punching somebody in the face. Oh, level 2 Muay Thai fighter, too.
                      If it's not fun, don't do it

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I live between NZ and L.A I train under Eddie Bravo

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by John10thPlanet View Post
                          I live between NZ and L.A I train under Eddie Bravo
                          Man, you are serious! Do you come from a wrestling background?
                          If it's not fun, don't do it

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Nah Judo. My dad did several Pacific games back in his days. Kinda stopped for several years, did some Capoeira for over a year then stopped again and finally found my sport with jiu jitsu. Loved it so much that all I'm doing is pretty much training/competing/coaching people. I'm in the process of opening a fighting gym in New Zealand.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I have been playing around with DC principles while training BJJ as well. Right now I am just lifting 2 days a week(m/f) in the typical 2 way split fashion. So far strength is still creeping up, despite all the cardio I am doing.

                              Have you ever rolled with Rogan?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
                                I have been playing around with DC principles while training BJJ as well. Right now I am just lifting 2 days a week(m/f) in the typical 2 way split fashion. So far strength is still creeping up, despite all the cardio I am doing.

                                Have you ever rolled with Rogan?
                                yup I've rolled with Joe several times and the dude is strong as fuck! Legit jiu jitsu.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X