X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5spotbullseye
    replied
    Originally posted by CalebMix View Post
    Arnold's physique and proportions were amazing. Yes, modern bodybuilders can be more massive, but do they really look even half as beautiful as Arnold did? Cutler, Coleman, all these guys, even though they are huge, look like big blown up balloons. they look like they're about to pop with steroids. Coleman really looks nasty.. not beautiful. Arnold will always be the best body builder of all time.. not because his calves are bigger than Cutlers, but because he is Arnold. No body builder will ever have the same perfection that Arnold did. Period.
    umm.....beautiful?

Leave a comment:

• Carlito Gambino
    replied
    And I still think Arnold looked better. Much better. Bigger doesn't equate into a better body. The best physique ever is Steve Reeves' though, in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• CalebMix
    replied
    Arnold's physique and proportions were amazing. Yes, modern bodybuilders can be more massive, but do they really look even half as beautiful as Arnold did? Cutler, Coleman, all these guys, even though they are huge, look like big blown up balloons. they look like they're about to pop with steroids. Coleman really looks nasty.. not beautiful. Arnold will always be the best body builder of all time.. not because his calves are bigger than Cutlers, but because he is Arnold. No body builder will ever have the same perfection that Arnold did. Period.

Leave a comment:

• ironkiwi
    replied
    Is this thread still going???

get over it people!

Leave a comment:

• 5luke2
    replied
    considering arnolds long limbs and tall frame i would have to believe that 19in. arms would look EXTREMLY small. i also agree that stevie wonder must have done the measuring

Leave a comment:

• oscarthecrotch
    replied
    Originally posted by Trulyhuge View Post
    Sergio (physique wise) blew Arnold out of the water. It was more political.
    I think that it was less political than economic. Didn't Wieder say that Arnold sold ten times as many magazines than Sergio when he was on the cover? I agree, though, Sergio was better.

Leave a comment:

• oscarthecrotch
    replied
    Originally posted by iron05 View Post
    ure tellin me that Arnold's arms, even pumped, were only 19" around?

Answer- COMPLETELY FALSE.

whoever reported that, or Arthur Jones who measured that...off....had to be Stevie Wonder doing the measurements.

that's sum of the most ridiculous shit ive ever heard LOL

Ummm, no. You need to go do some reading, kiddo. Arthur Jones measured hundreds of arms in the '70s, and most were under 18". I think the only true 20" arms he found were on Sergio and Viator; all the rest were boasts and exagerations. Arnold had 19 and change, no more, when Jones measured him. Nonetheles, those are some big arms, I remind you, much larger than most. An 18" arm is huge on most people, for instance, Metzer's arms measured 18" and change at their largest. Would you say he had small arms? Keep in mind, the disgustoids we see today are using massive amounts of roids and stuff that wasn't available to Arnie and the others back in the day; their arms just were not as big. I suspect the bloated pythons we see today are the result of synthol, roids, and whatever else people shoot into themselves as well as a lot of exageration.

Leave a comment:

• btech
    replied
    weren't arnold's arms 22" during the offseason - when he was carrying extra fat and water?

Leave a comment:

• Trulyhuge
    replied
    Sergio (physique wise) blew Arnold out of the water. It was more political.
    Originally posted by oscarthecrotch View Post
    I wouldn't say "never," since he won quite a few comps, especially before the advent of The Oak. He certainly never did as well again, of course.

The Arnie measurements are wrong. Arthur Jones measured him and found his arms to be 19 and change, after a slight pump from chins with a towel.

Leave a comment:

• iron05
    replied
    ure tellin me that Arnold's arms, even pumped, were only 19" around?

Answer- COMPLETELY FALSE.

whoever reported that, or Arthur Jones who measured that...off....had to be Stevie Wonder doing the measurements.

that's sum of the most ridiculous shit ive ever heard LOL

Leave a comment:

• oscarthecrotch
    replied
    Originally posted by Trulyhuge View Post
    Please! Sergio never got his fair due in bb'ing.
    I wouldn't say "never," since he won quite a few comps, especially before the advent of The Oak. He certainly never did as well again, of course.

The Arnie measurements are wrong. Arthur Jones measured him and found his arms to be 19 and change, after a slight pump from chins with a towel.

Leave a comment:

• Squatch
    replied
    Sergio had a better physique, but Arnold had the charisma. It showed on stage, and obviously carried over into the entertainment industry. NOt taking away from Arnold's physique, but Sergio was a freak of nature.

Leave a comment:

• IronReload 04
    replied
    Ok....I am calling bullshit on something.........their is no way.......and i mean NO WAY......JUST ABSOLUTELY NO WAY IN HELL......that jay and arnolds waste is the same exact size

Leave a comment:

• Lifer
    replied
    Sergio was ahead of his time.

Leave a comment:

• Trulyhuge
    replied
    Originally posted by bouncer dave View Post
    Arnold was always a better all round product to push bodybuilding forward.
    can you imagine making the same money out of Sergio?
    True. but, he was not better than Sergio.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X