arnold vs. cutler measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arnold vs. cutler measurements

Got Arnold's measurements from here, http://www.illpumpyouup.com/articles...ilder-ever.htm

Got Cutler's measurements from here, http://www.bodybuilders.com/jay.htm

Arnold's Top Form Measurements
    Arms: 22 inches
    Chest: 57 inches
    Waist: 34 inches
    Thighs: 28.5 inches
    Calves: 20 inches

Jay Cutler
    # 58" chest
    # 22" arms
    # 30" thighs
    # 20" calves
    # 34" waist
    # 19½" neck

Anyone find it a bit strange how these stats claim that cutler and arnold have the same size arms and calves, cutler's chest is only 1 inch wider, and his thighs are only 1.5 inches wider? The thing that shocked me most was the thighs. Arnold's thighs are not even in comparison to Cutler's.

Im not sure if, all of Arnold's stats are correct. Arthur Jones even said when he measured Arnold's arm that it wasnt 22 inches,

Comment

2 completely different BBers from 2 completely different eras. Arnold is an icon of the sport. Comparing stats is like comparing apples and oranges. Both are fruits but that's where it ends. Frank Zane is tiny compared to both of them stats wise but still a Mr. Olympia physique
      Troponin Athlete
      "My methods arent for the weekend quarterback and they sure arent for the beginning lifter, they never have and never will be. This is for hardcore bodybuilders ONLY, lets get that straight right here and now" - the Kayser Soze of bodybuilding
      My wife holds bands tied around the head board...then I pull on her hips. It still doesn't work well but I like the view - Future 6 October 2008

Comment

Always consider the source. Those numbers could be embellished. Imagine that, people actually exaggerate their size? It's not that I don't believe all of them, just one really. I find it hard to believe that there is only a 1.5'' difference between their quads. Arnolds probably were 28.5, but Cutlers have to be mid to low 30's. Everything else could be true because Cutler is about 5'9'' where Arnold is 6'2''. That's a 5 inch difference where Arnold's frame can carry a lot more muscle with an illusion of not being as massive. Arnold did have awesome arms and a chest by any eras standards. Maybe skeptic on Cutlers waist also, but that could be accurate too.

Comment

I also wonder if those are measurements taken in contest shape or offseason

Comment

what do you see of arnold all the time? mostmuscular and sidechest. ever seen back latspread, abs&thighs, sidetri???

he's an actor. doesnt that mean he pretends things, just to entertain!?

http://www.t-nation.com/article/body...asurements&cr=
            "anatomy is destiny" - sigmund freud

Comment

Those stats are bs. arnold was no where the size of jay cutler.
              www.trueprotein.com shw744
              The only dumb question is the question not asked.

Shawn SHW744 (<-Geez didnt you just get 8lbs free a couple days ago-lol?--this guy could sell shit to a septic tank-hes got the gift)<-Anonymous

Getting big= (Eating like a king and crapping like a horse) + (Lifting heavy ass weights) < A wise man once said "Ain't nobody want to lift no heavy ass weights!"

Comment

im sorry but this is not even a comparison worth making.
                Use discount code KEG432 for that 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com

"The brain can subjugate anything, even real pain."
                -Bruce Lee

Comment

Arnolds calves were the same size as Cutler's......somebody's smokin the reefer!!!
                  For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

Lol.
                    Use discount code KEG432 for that 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com

"The brain can subjugate anything, even real pain."
                    -Bruce Lee

Comment

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/sh...light=arm+size

taken from IA's site

"Let's say that you weigh 176 pounds and stand 5'8" tall. Assuming that your bodyfat is below 10%, your arm should measure roughly 16 inches. If you've calculated it to be 20 inches, you've probably done one of the following things:

• Added the sum of both arm measurements.
                      • Added your age to your arm measurement.
                      • Suffered from delusions of grandeur and refused to see that your arm is really an inflated piece of licorice.

If you've done none of these things and still insist that your guns are 20 inches or bigger, you'd better start walking on your hands — your symmetry is bizarre, at best, and such big arms must create an enormous amount of stress on your traps and spine!

Anyhow, the Olympian who keeps bragging about his arms having been over 22 inches (in fact, I think that he may have won an Olympia, or maybe two, or seven) is, in fact, pissing mighty rivers down your leg and insisting that the mother of all rain storms is upon you. At 6'1" tall, this Olympian would have had to weigh about 308 pounds for his arms to be even close to 22 inches around. However, his competition weight was roughly 235 pounds. Of course, maybe his bodyfat was minus 15%..."

Comment

You mean to tell me their calves are equal in size?????:smokin::smokin::smokin:
                        Attached Files
                        For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

i dont know, TH, their calves dont look all that different, its not like one's are dramatically bigger or anything...
                          M.S., B.S., B.A., CSCS, USAW

"There is no substitute for strength, and no excuse for the lack of it"

"Two pains in life: pain of hard work and pain of regret"

Comment

Arnold's calves in the movie "twins" were pretty damn big if I can remember correctly.

It's been a few years but I remember seeing them and thinking they were rather large.
                            Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                            FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                            www.316fit.com
                            Email: [email protected]

Comment

Were those Arnold Pics from Pumping Iron? He wasn't quite at his all time biggest for that Olympia, but one really can't compare these guys. Two different eras, two different physiques.
                              Use code MWR170 to save money on your order at TrueProtein.com.

Comment

Working...
                              X