DC (3 Way Split) & HIIT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC (3 Way Split) & HIIT

I’m trying something new to get me ready for hunting season. These mountains around here don’t play around, and if I want to chase elk, bear, and deer at 9k+ feet I need to be in better shape. Last year I strictly did weighted hikes and ran, but this year I’m opting for a 40-45 minute HIIT class instead. It’s been 2 months now and o already know I’m getting to where I need to be.

With my earlier then expected gains in the cardiovascular department, I’m itching to get back in to DC. As of right now I do the DC outline, but I do all straight sets and higher reps in the 10-12 range and 4 sets. So 12 sets total. I’m wanting to get back in to a true DC routine. I normally do my SS at 6-8 and 10-12, and keep my RP sets 11-15 and 15-20 for arm movements.

Whats a “higher” rep range that is still acceptable for DC in my SS and RP sets? The only thing I’m concerned about is my recovery. I don’t use weights in the HIIT class as I workout before the class and get all my weight moving needs out of the way then. For me the HIIT class is purely for endurance.

I get get up at 0400, at the gym warming up by 0420, and finished with my weights by 0515-0530. Which gives me roughly 30-45 minutes before the HIIT class starts at 0600.

I workout fasted and by the time the class finishes I break my 18 hour fast with a shake. Then 2 huge meals in my 6 hour window.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ezskanken; 03-13-2019, 07:54 PM.

STRIVING TO BE THE BEST HUSBAND, FATHER, & FRIEND I CAN BE. BEING THE MOST JACKED WOULDNT HURT EITHER...

How old are you? I'm 55 and try to to keep my straight sets above 10 for back thickness, and 12 for legs. But there are times where I go higher just for shits and grins.
    It's difficult to work out too hard, it's easy to work out too long.............

Comment

Working...
    X