Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staying lean and eating clean vs. EAT BIG/GET BIG!!! Settle this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i voted yes, however i don't believe it's possible without gaining any fat whatsoever. keeping fat gain very minimal i believe is 100% doable to achieve optimal LBM.
    Some people get lost in thought because it's such unfamiliar territory. -G. Behn

Comment

a good read....I am already researching my off season diet for after this contest.....It made sense...I usually quit the cardio in the off season...What the hell do I know???? less than I thought....A good read bro

Comment

bump.
        skips answer is a must read
        "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
        J.M.

Comment

but if you gain a little bit of fat while gaining muscle your b/f % would stay the same, so you would practically look the same except being bigger? please correct me if I am wrong

Comment

This hasn't been bumped in a long time.
            Discount TRUE PROTEIN CODE: DND849
            get
            5% off all purchases, and up to 10% off BIG orders at http://<span style="font-size:20px">...ein.com</span>
            !

Comment

Thank you for bumping this!
              I have a Q for Skip.
              Are you changing your answer after a few more years of experience under you?

What about a skinny fat guy who wants to get big and muscular? Lose fat 1st or just pile on the size? eg.:A 30 year old who can only bench 225 for reps, 14 inch arms and also carries 25% fat.

I went through some of Dante's old (actually ancient) posts and he recommends the opposite:
              "Want to know the fastest way to walk around at 250 ripped--THE ABSOLUTELY G'DAMN FASTEST WAY TO GET THERE? TAKE 2 YEARS AND EAT HUGE AMOUNTS OF FOOD, AND TRAIN WITH BRUTALLY HEAVY WEIGHTS, AND BECOME A BIG FAT OFFENSIVE LINEMAN LOOKING GUY AT 330LBS....AND NO IT WONT BE PRETTY...AT ALL. MOST OF ALL DONT DO ANYTHING THAT COULD POSSIBLY EVEN IMPEDE THE SLIGHTEST IN MUSCLE MASS GAIN. Just eat copious amounts of food (up to 500-600 grams of protein) and bring your bodyweight up the charts which will allow you leverage and strength gains to allow you use the incredible weights you have to use in the gym to accomplish this. Then after being at that level for density reasons for awhile, you can slowly take it down and I mean slowly and most likely have the most muscle mass gain your genetics allowed in that time frame. That is the probably the fastest way in the shortest time to get there."

Comment

Skip didn't really answer, he was merely playing devils advocate with whichever answer people didn't pick so those that said no could see both sides equally.

I'd have to say no generally speaking. In order for it to be yes, you'd have to know all of the variables to make it optimum. Such as knowing exactly where your metabolic rate is, knowing exactly how much your muscles have torn and need to be repaired and giving the body exactly what it needs to do it without fat gain. Without knowing those exact numbers you'd be guessing along somewhere slightly above your preceived maintainence levels. Just enough extra calories, and proteins to rebuild those muscles exactly right. However since everyone is different, there is no way to know exactly where people are. Much less for a broad convention for the masses to follow. It'd be simpler to eat more in general and then cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Gohan View Post
                  Thank you for bumping this!
                  I have a Q for Skip.
                  Are you changing your answer after a few more years of experience under you?

What about a skinny fat guy who wants to get big and muscular? Lose fat 1st or just pile on the size? eg.:A 30 year old who can only bench 225 for reps, 14 inch arms and also carries 25% fat.

I went through some of Dante's old (actually ancient) posts and he recommends the opposite:
                  "Want to know the fastest way to walk around at 250 ripped--THE ABSOLUTELY G'DAMN FASTEST WAY TO GET THERE? TAKE 2 YEARS AND EAT HUGE AMOUNTS OF FOOD, AND TRAIN WITH BRUTALLY HEAVY WEIGHTS, AND BECOME A BIG FAT OFFENSIVE LINEMAN LOOKING GUY AT 330LBS....AND NO IT WONT BE PRETTY...AT ALL. MOST OF ALL DONT DO ANYTHING THAT COULD POSSIBLY EVEN IMPEDE THE SLIGHTEST IN MUSCLE MASS GAIN. Just eat copious amounts of food (up to 500-600 grams of protein) and bring your bodyweight up the charts which will allow you leverage and strength gains to allow you use the incredible weights you have to use in the gym to accomplish this. Then after being at that level for density reasons for awhile, you can slowly take it down and I mean slowly and most likely have the most muscle mass gain your genetics allowed in that time frame. That is the probably the fastest way in the shortest time to get there."
                  I would also be interested in peoples thoughts on this

Comment

ha! the original post is 7 years old!! And we still don't have a lock down on the answer! Guess all of us meat heads will be debating this for many more decades to come along with split v/s total body, low carb v/s high carb, functional training v/s machines.. blah blah blah..

Comment

Originally posted by Gohan View Post
                      ha! the original post is 7 years old!! And we still don't have a lock down on the answer! Guess all of us meat heads will be debating this for many more decades to come along with split v/s total body, low carb v/s high carb, functional training v/s machines.. blah blah blah..
                      It comes down to whatever works for you, if ten ways get you to where you want to be is one wrong? It's which ever route is acceptable to you, maybe I want to get muscular and stay lean so it takes me 20 years and you want to go the big fat guy route and lean down and it takes you 10 years. Is either way wrong if we are ok with the fact we know it'll take us the alotted time? What is there to debate? Pick a goal, find a means to an end and give it hell.
                      For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Working...
                      X