No announcement yet.

New blast input appreciated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I was actually using the form in the video you posted.

I will see if I can figure out how to pull it off. But in the meantime I will be using the sumo leg press. Sumo stance presses (and powerlifting style squats) are my favorite way to hit the hamstrings. Also, they work the quads very well and I have been looking to bring up my quads as well (on top of the other direct quad work I am doing.)

Comment

Originally posted by andishehhank View Post
      I always do the whole complete protein thing where I mix a grain with a nut or legume. (When I'm not eating meat)

I like mixing usually wheat toast, brown rice, or oats with any nut or legume.

But I usually throw in a dairy or an egg just to get extra cheap proteins in there as well.

Some days I eat quite a bit of meat, others, not so much, so you'd see me doing what I listed above.
      Would you please tell me what ratios you do with those mixed meals. I used to have brown rice with my legume meals but i ended up getting a bit to "fat" and i figured it might have been just too much carbs. So I reduced my rice and increased my legumes to reach my protein requierments. It used to 400g legumes and 200g rice. But maybe i have to review the idea. It has always been a concern to get the whole aminoacid profile and i've tried to supplemnent my way into getting them on a daily basis instead of every meal. But thanks for the idea! I'll have to look into it again.

Comment

Also, I was actually using the form in the video you posted.

I will see if I can figure out how to pull it off. But in the meantime I will be using the sumo leg press. Sumo stance presses (and powerlifting style squats) are my favorite way to hit the hamstrings. Also, they work the quads very well and I have been looking to bring up my quads as well (on top of the other direct quad work I am doing.)
        I think they are just a really uncomfortable exercise haha they have proven to be pretty mentally tough to progress on.... I am doing the sumo leg press too and i love that one, i had never tried it before DC but man its a good one. So what are your rotated exercises for hams and quads?

Comment

Originally posted by Henke_prytz View Post
          Would you please tell me what ratios you do with those mixed meals. I used to have brown rice with my legume meals but i ended up getting a bit to "fat" and i figured it might have been just too much carbs. So I reduced my rice and increased my legumes to reach my protein requierments. It used to 400g legumes and 200g rice. But maybe i have to review the idea. It has always been a concern to get the whole aminoacid profile and i've tried to supplemnent my way into getting them on a daily basis instead of every meal. But thanks for the idea! I'll have to look into it again.
          I am at a high body fat, so the good old carb cut off and fasted cardio is the ticket to leanness explained here. There are other threads that discuss sample diets, involving eating fats and carbs at different meals but I have no idea if that works with the vegetarian options (or whatever you accept in your diet.) I have read in a thread that with some trainers help some guys dropped bodyfat while using D.C. Training. Obviously they were high in body fat so I figured I had a good full experience to try to do it too. So far I have dropped my belt size from 46-48 to 42-44 (I'm 6'4'' by the way) and I have gotten the best muscle gains in my life (since June). And I have not been too strict with my diet either as it can cause me some psychological distress right now (preexisting issues). I will save the more advanced diet for when I see my gains really slowed down.

I figured I would ride this success until I am ready to do a pure fat loss focus. That shouldn't take too long as the muscle gains have been showing up. I am happy that I have been able to lose much of my spare tire that I gained during my lay off during this process. I would certainly be ready any moment to shift to a focus on fat loss during this year or next. In the meantime I'll be happy with whatever fat I lose from my fasted cardio. I wasn't sure if it would work out that way, but since I noticed my pants were falling off my ass, I figured I got my answer.

I did have some success with dropping my starches on my last cruise to do a quick cut. As far as the actual diet goes, with bodybuilding, especially DC training, carbs must be eaten.

I don't actually know how much were the ratios so I just measure up equal parts protein from the grain and legume/nut. And then I'd have milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, or eggs with it. The dairy and eggs have the complete protein in case you were wondering.

I think they are just a really uncomfortable exercise haha they have proven to be pretty mentally tough to progress on.... I am doing the sumo leg press too and i love that one, i had never tried it before DC but man its a good one. So what are your rotated exercises for hams and quads?
          Low bar Squat
          Barbell Hack Squat

Front Squat
          SLDL

Sumo Leg Press (Horizontal Leg Press)
          Squat

I got the low bar squat and the sumo leg press to secondarily hit the quads...and they (especially the low bars) hit my hams as good as anything could. My legs are really a weak point, so I was glad to read Dante's thread about addressing this on the 2 way.

And I am simply using the barbell hacks to secondarily hit the traps... since I wanted to bring them up faster as well. Works like a charm.

Here's the thread (Can't post a link yet): "Two way split people start using your head!"
          Last edited by andishehhank; 01-27-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I am at a high body fat, so the good old carb cut off and fasted cardio is the ticket to leanness explained here. There are other threads that discuss sample diets, involving eating fats and carbs at different meals but I have no idea if that works with the vegetarian options (or whatever you accept in your diet.) I have read in a thread that with some trainers help some guys dropped bodyfat while using D.C. Training. Obviously they were high in body fat so I figured I had a good full experience to try to do it too. So far I have dropped my belt size from 46-48 to 42-44 (I'm 6'4'' by the way) and I have gotten the best muscle gains in my life (since June). And I have not been too strict with my diet either as it can cause me some psychological distress right now (preexisting issues). I will save the more advanced diet for when I see my gains really slowed down.

I figured I would ride this success until I am ready to do a pure fat loss focus. That shouldn't take too long as the muscle gains have been showing up. I am happy that I have been able to lose much of my spare tire that I gained during my lay off during this process. I would certainly be ready any moment to shift to a focus on fat loss during this year or next. In the meantime I'll be happy with whatever fat I lose from my fasted cardio. I wasn't sure if it would work out that way, but since I noticed my pants were falling off my ass, I figured I got my answer.

I did have some success with dropping my starches on my last cruise to do a quick cut. As far as the actual diet goes, with bodybuilding, especially DC training, carbs must be eaten.

I don't actually know how much were the ratios so I just measure up equal parts protein from the grain and legume/nut. And then I'd have milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, or eggs with it. The dairy and eggs have the complete protein in case you were wondering.

Low bar Squat
            Barbell Hack Squat

Front Squat
            SLDL

Sumo Leg Press (Horizontal Leg Press)
            Squat

I got the low bar squat and the sumo leg press to secondarily hit the quads...and they (especially the low bars) hit my hams as good as anything could. My legs are really a weak point, so I was glad to read Dante's thread about addressing this on the 2 way.

And I am simply using the barbell hacks to secondarily hit the traps... since I wanted to bring them up faster as well. Works like a charm.

Here's the thread (Can't post a link yet): "Two way split people start using your head!"
            Hey thats awesome that you have managed to get such success!!! Great job!!! I am currently in my "off-season" so i am trying to pack on a bit of weight. Although trying to make it somewhat quality weight. And it seems like everytime i add the extra rice my total carbs go up alot and i tend to go a bit softer. But I might have to look into adding some dairy with my legume meals. Although i am trying to stay away from dairy as much as possible as well but there is only so much you can do and still hit 4-500 grams of protein haha.

Yeah, I read that article too and have incorporated some of Dantes tips into my A workouts to try and bring up my upper body a bit. How do you feel about the barbell hacks? My gym doesn't have a hack and I did consider using it but ended up doing the split squat instead. Is your lower back an issue when doing your hacks after low bar?

Comment

Hey thats awesome that you have managed to get such success!!! Great job!!! I am currently in my "off-season" so i am trying to pack on a bit of weight. Although trying to make it somewhat quality weight. And it seems like everytime i add the extra rice my total carbs go up alot and i tend to go a bit softer. But I might have to look into adding some dairy with my legume meals. Although i am trying to stay away from dairy as much as possible as well but there is only so much you can do and still hit 4-500 grams of protein haha.

Yeah, I read that article too and have incorporated some of Dantes tips into my A workouts to try and bring up my upper body a bit. How do you feel about the barbell hacks? My gym doesn't have a hack and I did consider using it but ended up doing the split squat instead. Is your lower back an issue when doing your hacks after low bar?
              Yogurt is your safest bet... it doesn't seem to cause the lactose intolerance problems you get from processed milk... but since it is equally high in carbs, you wouldn't need to get as much from starches.

It's really okay with me (the barbell hacks.) I was sold on the whole minimalism philosophy from the stronglifts days, but since I read that dante said I could choose 3 deadlifts for back thickness, i deduced that he is not concerned about lower back fatigue that easily. If anything, he always explained that we need to figure out what will work for us.

For example, I was doing floor deads but switched to rack deads because my shins were getting scraped and my lower back was getting too trashed. And the result was a really awesome back thickness set. I was using the hack machine at my gym but it was hurting my knees (and lower back, which is why i wasn't feeling the floor deads next workout), so I opted for the front squats now. As long as Dante touched base on the subject, it was my responsibility to "use my head" and figure out if it will work for me, as long as it remains in the outline of actual DC training. I was considering doing 6 exercises per workout, doing widowmakers for everything on the 2 way, etc... but really, the program works by working on getting us stronger, and even though some extra work might have helped in the short term, it would be detracting away from the idea of long term strength gains. So I use the workout the way it is explained, and tailor it to fit me.

I personally am not too fond of having to choose either/or with rows or deadlifts for back thickness since they are really quite different, especially the way they work the upper traps. So I made sure to include the barbell hacks and the SLDLs for the secondary traps work. My traps are not very strong, so this is how I am blasting until march. Obviously after more progress, I will switch around exercises for different emphasis' on new blasts.
              Last edited by andishehhank; 01-28-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

So I thought i'd give a log a try. This is the 3rd time around on this blast. I had a bit of a break before this blast I went for a 5 week holiday to NZ and now i am back in Spain and ready to kill it again. So same exercises as above except for the reverse press as it gave me some pain in my forearm so i decided to switch it. Workout number 1 went as follows. Really tough getting back after such a long break and i am a bit disappointed with some of the numbers. But I expect that to even out in a few weeks. Streches are done after each exercise, but I didn't feel the need to add them.

• A Incline plate loaded press 11-15 rest-pause 90 kg x 8/3/1/12
                • A Bb shoulder press 11-20 rest-pause 60x10/6/4/20
                • A Freedom rack RG bench presses 11-20 rest-pause 70x 8/6/6/20
                • A Rack chins 11-20 rest-pause 40 x 10/6/4/20
                • A Deadlifts 4-8 9-12 190x 5 150x 12

Comment

Yogurt is your safest bet... it doesn't seem to cause the lactose intolerance problems you get from processed milk... but since it is equally high in carbs, you wouldn't need to get as much from starches.

It's really okay with me (the barbell hacks.) I was sold on the whole minimalism philosophy from the stronglifts days, but since I read that dante said I could choose 3 deadlifts for back thickness, i deduced that he is not concerned about lower back fatigue that easily. If anything, he always explained that we need to figure out what will work for us.

For example, I was doing floor deads but switched to rack deads because my shins were getting scraped and my lower back was getting too trashed. And the result was a really awesome back thickness set. I was using the hack machine at my gym but it was hurting my knees (and lower back, which is why i wasn't feeling the floor deads next workout), so I opted for the front squats now. As long as Dante touched base on the subject, it was my responsibility to "use my head" and figure out if it will work for me, as long as it remains in the outline of actual DC training. I was considering doing 6 exercises per workout, doing widowmakers for everything on the 2 way, etc... but really, the program works by working on getting us stronger, and even though some extra work might have helped in the short term, it would be detracting away from the idea of long term strength gains. So I use the workout the way it is explained, and tailor it to fit me.

I personally am not too fond of having to choose either/or with rows or deadlifts for back thickness since they are really quite different, especially the way they work the upper traps. So I made sure to include the barbell hacks and the SLDLs for the secondary traps work. My traps are not very strong, so this is how I am blasting until march. Obviously after more progress, I will switch around exercises for different emphasis' on new blasts.
                  I will definitely look into getting some kind of yogurt into my diet. Thanks for the idea. I am really impressed with the "outside the box" thinking with the hacks. To use a quad exercise to get trap work.....genius. That is truly what Dante was referring to use your head haha. Maybe I need to try and reevaluate some of my excersice choises for when I max out on them. Thanks for the great advice!!!

Comment

I will definitely look into getting some kind of yogurt into my diet. Thanks for the idea. I am really impressed with the "outside the box" thinking with the hacks. To use a quad exercise to get trap work.....genius. That is truly what Dante was referring to use your head haha. Maybe I need to try and reevaluate some of my excersice choises for when I max out on them. Thanks for the great advice!!!
                    Make sure you experiment with the grip width because if you use a regular medium grip the bar will keep hitting your hamstrings and butt. I need to use a wide grip.

Comment

Make sure you experiment with the grip width because if you use a regular medium grip the bar will keep hitting your hamstrings and butt. I need to use a wide grip.
                      That'll be my leg exercise of choice during my next cruise... I am excited about trying them

Comment

That'll be my leg exercise of choice during my next cruise... I am excited about trying them
                        Yeah and watch out for scraping your calves brother. Last night was hacks night and I cut my left calf and it was bleeding. So I called it a night with the hacks and went to the leg press for my widowmaker.

Next time I'll be wearing some exercise pants to cover my legs.

Comment

B1
                          • Barbell EZ curls 11-20 rest-pause 55kg x 10/6/4/20
                          • Hammer curl 12-20 SS 20x 20
                          • Leg-press calf raises 10-12 200 x 13
                          • High wide leg press SS 15-30 250x 35
                          • Freedom rack lunges 4-8 20 SS 110x8 70x20

Stretches between each exercise.

Today felt pretty good and my body is starting to "get it" I didn't have to reduce as much today from where I left things last blast.
                          Last edited by Henke_prytz; 02-04-2018, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Yeah and watch out for scraping your calves brother. Last night was hacks night and I cut my left calf and it was bleeding. So I called it a night with the hacks and went to the leg press for my widowmaker.

Next time I'll be wearing some exercise pants to cover my legs.
                            Haha, that is some hardcore training! Thanks for the insider tips
                            I'll def keep that in mind. Are you keeping a log on here? It would be nice to be able to follow your progression to keep myself motivated.

Comment

Haha, that is some hardcore training! Thanks for the insider tips
                              I'll def keep that in mind. Are you keeping a log on here? It would be nice to be able to follow your progression to keep myself motivated.
                              I don't have a log... tonight's session will be:

Low incline bench press
                              Smith high incline bench press
                              Close grip Dips
                              Lat pull down
                              Hammer strength rows

(I rest pause the hammer strength rows, as it is mentioned to be safe on the lower back in some old thread)

Comment

I don't have a log... tonight's session will be:

Low incline bench press
                                Smith high incline bench press
                                Close grip Dips
                                Lat pull down
                                Hammer strength rows

(I rest pause the hammer strength rows, as it is mentioned to be safe on the lower back in some old thread)
                                I like the use of the high incline press for delts (and chest) smart use of exercise selection. How do you feel about rest pausing the HS rows? I haven't done any rest pause for my back thickness moves due to the injury risk. But maybe I can get away with the RP the HS???

Comment

Working...
                                X