DC enhanced? other questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC enhanced? other questions

I have been spending so much time reading and watching Skip, Im actually getting confused. I haven't even done any research on Homonculus FT training.

Gonna put some questions down, please dont flame me

DC enhanced, has Dante made any updates to dc training?
    -can you do your main dc set (any body part) then do a widow before stretch?
    -can you add sets or alternate exercises for a given body part non rp moves...legs example; doing squat 4-6/8-12 then widow and moving to hack and doing the same?, then sled and doing the same?

Skiploading,
    I get the principle...easy to understand. Would it be beneficial to Skipload during DC to maintain weight/Limit body fat while adding muscle.
    Could there be 2 mini skip loads during the week to help mass preservation? Not being so concerned with baseline, but nutrient cycling? (making the muscles more efficient at loading and holding reserves.)

I know some of these questions are dumb to some of you, but keep in mind ive only been here for a month. Im trying to do some major catch up.

I think you should check out Fortitude Training, I don't think calling it "enhanced DC" is fair but it's a very well thought out program that incorporates some of the same philosophies as well as plenty more.

Plus Scott is a genius so it's pretty safe to say if anyone could build an incredibly well thought out program, he could.

Skip loading would be perfect with DC. I've done it any gotten leaner and stronger at the same time. Baselining determines a lot about how big the load is as well as the other meals throughout the week as well as your overall goal. Doing it twice a week like wouldn't allow much of a baseline to be established as your weight will always stay elevated.
    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
    www.316fit.com
    Email: jared@316fit.com

Comment

I agree with Fade. I'm not one of the few DC gurus. I've worked with Scott in the past. I'd just also like to add that modifications to DC, as you know, are usually frowned upon unless they come individually from one of the DC trainers. Dante put ALOT of work into the program and it's been proven to work as written so to answer your question, no there are not any enhanced or modified versions apart from what I mentioned.

As far as can you do extra sets after a work or widow maker set or add widow makers here and there...yes. You "can" do whatever you want. But let me ask you a question. From all you've read here and heard from the guys about the intensity of the work, do you think you should be able to add extra work?

I'm not flaming here. If you still feel the need to continue to punish say legs by doing your squats then a widow and still think you need to hit hacks I'd seriously argue you didn't put in the necessary intensity during your work set. Same for biceps. That single rest pause set should you leave you exhausted, biceps on fire, then the stretch is the painful icing on the cake. You shouldn't want to do anything else let alone be able to adequately.

Just something to think about as you go forward. Ensure you're leaving everything in that rest pause set and if you do, that's all you'll need....and all you'll want.

Comment

Widowmakers are reserved for the 3 way split
        4 day a week plan that has you training

Biceps/forearms/back
        Chest/delts/triceps
        Calves/hams/quads

This COULD look like

Monday
        BICEPS
        Alternate incline curl rp set of 15-20
        Widowmaker
        20-30 reps straight set of preacher machine curl
        FOREARMS
        one arm reverse cable curl
        One 11-12 straight set
        BACK WIDTH
        hammer machine pulldown rp set 15-20rp
        BACK WIDOWMAKER
        Seated row 20-30 reps one straight set
        BACK THICKNESS
        Deads
        4-6 straight set and 8-12 straight set

TUESDAY
        CHEST
        Incline hammer press 11-15 rp
        CHEST WIDOW
        Pec deck with 2 count in stretch and contraction for 20-30 straight set
        Delts
        Dumbbell press 20-30 rp set
        widow maker for delts
        Lateral machine 20-30+10 partials after full rom failure into 30 sec half rom static
        Triceps
        Close grip bench press 11-15 rp
        (Lest say your triceps are not a problem body part so they may not require a widowmaker)

Wed rest

Thursday
        Calves
        15 sec enhanced stretch technique on sled
        Hams
        Stiff leg deadlift straight set of 15-25 to failure
        Widowmaker for hams
        Seated leg curl 20-30 one straight set
        Quads
        Front squat 4-8 ss and 10-15 ss
        Quad widow leg press (feet low and semi close)
        20-30 reps one straight set

Friday
        BICEPS
        Standing Ez bar curl 15-20 rp
        BICEP WIDOW
        AS ABOVE BUT ADD REPS OR WT
        Forearms
        Pinwheel curls 11-22 straight set
        BACK WIDTH
        rack chins 15-20 rp
        BACK WIDOWMAKER
        AGAIN AS ABOVE BUT ADD WT OR REPS
        BACK thickness
        Maybe a supported hammer row since u performed stiff legs previous day
        For 6-8 and 10-15 straight sets

So the "widowmaker" is a key exercise you anahalate repeatedly EVERY TIME you destroy a body part in a way to bring the body part up
        Some people may NOT need to widowmaker a bodypart as it may be so freaky or grow so easily it may not be necessary

Where as the 2 way split
        The widow maker is RESERVED for the quad movement ONLY

Read the "my New Years resoloution and promise to you" thread

Now there are 2 other versions of dc I've heard of

A 5 days super advanced split for guys like dusty hanshaw
        I mean like monster dudes the 275 300 lb offseason In good condition guys

And the 6 day split for late stage contest prep
        Which main focus is cardio and recovery

Both are covered in the thread I said and are only used for select purposes and people in select scenarios so I won't muddy the water here

I think fortitude would be good for you to look into for
        Scott is awesome and it's a cool system
        I've never used it though but the brass tacks of it seem awesome
        And it has much positive feed back
        Plus Scott is a genius

Skips system is awesome as well I mean really really cool
        It's only system I will work with outside of dc
        It's kick ass and worth a looksie

I do dc so does colaberra

And we both SKIPLOAD like mofos :-)
        Once a week is adequate

There is a good 2 parter in longevity explaining how it works
        I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
        I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Excellent answers....excellent!!

Fade thanks, I just watched all the Longevity dvd and have yet to put it into practice. I wont mess with the program. Skip just talked alot about shows, and I dont want to get shredded, just maintain a set leanness while I grow.

Mike thanks as well, you are right....after single joint like biceps, DC is all it takes. They are done. However, keep in mind ive lifted for awhile, I will routinely go to failure on legs. I mean stuck under the bar failure. Drop it on the pins failure.
          After a good rest I can go more. Thats why I dabbled in the RP squats. I could not go on after that.
          I also read alot about Dantes methods and he would add things for specific clients, like extra widows and other things. Thats kinda why I asked about DC enhanced, has he found anything that is universal though out his clientele?

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
            Widowmakers are reserved for the 3 way split
            4 day a week plan that has you training

Biceps/forearms/back
            Chest/delts/triceps
            Calves/hams/quads

This COULD look like

Monday
            BICEPS
            Alternate incline curl rp set of 15-20
            Widowmaker
            20-30 reps straight set of preacher machine curl
            FOREARMS
            one arm reverse cable curl
            One 11-12 straight set
            BACK WIDTH
            hammer machine pulldown rp set 15-20rp
            BACK WIDOWMAKER
            Seated row 20-30 reps one straight set
            BACK THICKNESS
            Deads
            4-6 straight set and 8-12 straight set

TUESDAY
            CHEST
            Incline hammer press 11-15 rp
            CHEST WIDOW
            Pec deck with 2 count in stretch and contraction for 20-30 straight set
            Delts
            Dumbbell press 20-30 rp set
            widow maker for delts
            Lateral machine 20-30+10 partials after full rom failure into 30 sec half rom static
            Triceps
            Close grip bench press 11-15 rp
            (Lest say your triceps are not a problem body part so they may not require a widowmaker)

Wed rest

Thursday
            Calves
            15 sec enhanced stretch technique on sled
            Hams
            Stiff leg deadlift straight set of 15-25 to failure
            Widowmaker for hams
            Seated leg curl 20-30 one straight set
            Quads
            Front squat 4-8 ss and 10-15 ss
            Quad widow leg press (feet low and semi close)
            20-30 reps one straight set

Friday
            BICEPS
            Standing Ez bar curl 15-20 rp
            BICEP WIDOW
            AS ABOVE BUT ADD REPS OR WT
            Forearms
            Pinwheel curls 11-22 straight set
            BACK WIDTH
            rack chins 15-20 rp
            BACK WIDOWMAKER
            AGAIN AS ABOVE BUT ADD WT OR REPS
            BACK thickness
            Maybe a supported hammer row since u performed stiff legs previous day
            For 6-8 and 10-15 straight sets

So the "widowmaker" is a key exercise you anahalate repeatedly EVERY TIME you destroy a body part in a way to bring the body part up
            Some people may NOT need to widowmaker a bodypart as it may be so freaky or grow so easily it may not be necessary

Where as the 2 way split
            The widow maker is RESERVED for the quad movement ONLY

Read the "my New Years resoloution and promise to you" thread

Now there are 2 other versions of dc I've heard of

A 5 days super advanced split for guys like dusty hanshaw
            I mean like monster dudes the 275 300 lb offseason In good condition guys

And the 6 day split for late stage contest prep
            Which main focus is cardio and recovery

Both are covered in the thread I said and are only used for select purposes and people in select scenarios so I won't muddy the water here

I think fortitude would be good for you to look into for
            Scott is awesome and it's a cool system
            I've never used it though but the brass tacks of it seem awesome
            And it has much positive feed back
            Plus Scott is a genius

Skips system is awesome as well I mean really really cool
            It's only system I will work with outside of dc
            It's kick ass and worth a looksie

I do dc so does colaberra

And we both SKIPLOAD like mofos :-)
            Once a week is adequate

There is a good 2 parter in longevity explaining how it works
            Nice DC_cath....Nice.
            That is the split I am on....and thats exactly what I was wanting to do!! Thats kinda how I read it. I needed some feed back before I jumped in. Your starting to freak me out alittle....in a good way. Almost like your in my head.

Ive never done a "diet" so im ready to try skiploading.

Comment

Man glad I could help u no problem

Great minds think alike lol
              Last edited by DC_catholic315; 12-14-2015, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Having trouble finding that post DC_catholic

Your almost my trainer now, first the legs, now this. Hats off to you sir.
                Gonna have to start journal now.
                Last edited by Colokrom; 12-14-2015, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Just a quick reminder...

I value and respect all of your opinions. Typing a message makes it hard to convey context.
                  I dont take anything personally, nor do I ever mean to discount any information provided by a longtime member.

Please understand that DC and everything around it has me thirsting for knowledge. I am captivated by the intricacies of this training system. Trust me "Im IN", your not wasting your time on me. I live this shit!!

OK flame away...

Comment

I've notice you mention a couple times that you do squats as an RP set. Dante set them up as straight sets for a safety reason. Use extreme caution if you do RP, as you fatigue your form is likely to get loose risking injury.
                    -KidRok-
                    "....because I won't accept that I can't."

www.TrueProtein.com --5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

Be sure to "LIKE" my FaceBook training Page: https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=33833

Here ya go brother

Def journal and pics

And shit man I went through being confused and had the same fire u do now
                      I'm glad I can continue the tradition at IM of education/motivation and brotherhood

Long thread but gems EVERYWHERE

Comment

Originally posted by Hop View Post
                        I've notice you mention a couple times that you do squats as an RP set. Dante set them up as straight sets for a safety reason. Use extreme caution if you do RP, as you fatigue your form is likely to get loose risking injury.
                        Only did them once in a DC style....worked out ok, prob wont continue. Mainly based on all the advise given and how its not part of the DC protocol.

I have done them before in another system, but weight was lower and rep range were much higher.

Thanks for looking out for a brother

Comment

Originally posted by Colokrom View Post
                          I also read alot about Dantes methods and he would add things for specific clients, like extra widows and other things. Thats kinda why I asked about DC enhanced, has he found anything that is universal though out his clientele?
                          Here are some things that are nearly "universal."

Most people grow best with the two-way split. (Higher frequency.)

Clients are individuals and will require individual tweaks. Get funky with it relates to this - new exercises, new angles, new resistance curves = novel stimulus --> Growth.

Recovery is paramount to progress. This points to the notion that adding in "extra" widow makers may not be the kind of catch-all solution I think you're wanting to hear. (Just guessing, but I think you're asking about doing extra stuff because you want to corroborate your hope that that's a solution.)

Getting stronger - when nutrition to support growth is in place - will generally lead to getting bigger.

(All of these principles are in place in that FT program, FWIW. )

-Scott
                          The Book Has Arrived!
                          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

HE HAS ARRIVED lol
                            Scott is the bomb
                            Last edited by DC_catholic315; 12-14-2015, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colokrom View Post
                              Just a quick reminder...

I value and respect all of your opinions. Typing a message makes it hard to convey context.
                              I dont take anything personally, nor do I ever mean to discount any information provided by a longtime member.

Please understand that DC and everything around it has me thirsting for knowledge. I am captivated by the intricacies of this training system. Trust me "Im IN", your not wasting your time on me. I live this shit!!

OK flame away...
                              Keep it simple! I am like you, and DC sparked in me to do MORE geeking out and research. However, it is important to maybe use new found info from said research to AID in your training not distract. It is easy to fall down the rabbit hole of altered DC splits, new systems, protocols, etc. when for the time being just focusing on the task at hand while using new found info to supplement my current split is what needs to be done. That is just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                              X