Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colokrom View Post
    Excellent answers....excellent!!

Mike thanks as well, you are right....after single joint like biceps, DC is all it takes. They are done. However, keep in mind ive lifted for awhile, I will routinely go to failure on legs. I mean stuck under the bar failure. Drop it on the pins failure.
    After a good rest I can go more. Thats why I dabbled in the RP squats. I could not go on after that.
    A majority of the guys using the DC protocol have also lifted for awhile. And remember just because you "can" go more after a good rest (subjective) doesn't mean you "should" go more.

The higher frequency on the 2 way split also calls for more recovery. And if you can go more, again I'd argue you taking the work set and widow maker to true absolute failure, keeping in mind the difference in mind-muscle failure and muscle failure between which Scott and Dante differentiate.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time by any means just throwing out some opinions. DC tests you and what you think is failure isn't always failure.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
      Here are some things that are nearly "universal."

Recovery is paramount to progress. This points to the notion that adding in "extra" widow makers may not be the kind of catch-all solution I think you're wanting to hear. (Just guessing, but I think you're asking about doing extra stuff because you want to corroborate your hope that that's a solution.)

-Scott
      Im really glad you said that! As of right now I am not going to modify my training. Im going to give the original design time to work. I have already had 10 pr for reps in my first blast. But boy do I like reading what you guys have done in the past to clear personal hurdles. I am still in the transition from higher volume to DC. My legs feel very under trained. But they are stronger!!!!!!
      I know guys like me have come and gone....Thanks Homonculus for chiming in. Means alot!

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
      A majority of the guys using the DC protocol have also lifted for awhile. And remember just because you "can" go more after a good rest (subjective) doesn't mean you "should" go more.

The higher frequency on the 2 way split also calls for more recovery. And if you can go more, again I'd argue you taking the work set and widow maker to true absolute failure, keeping in mind the difference in mind-muscle failure and muscle failure between which Scott and Dante differentiate.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time by any means just throwing out some opinions. DC tests you and what you think is failure isn't always failure.

Mike
      This is exactly the stuff I want to hear from you guys....Thank you!!
      Last edited by Colokrom; 12-14-2015, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser_Soze11 View Post
        Keep it simple! I am like you, and DC sparked in me to do MORE geeking out and research. However, it is important to maybe use new found info from said research to AID in your training not distract. It is easy to fall down the rabbit hole of altered DC splits, new systems, protocols, etc. when for the time being just focusing on the task at hand while using new found info to supplement my current split is what needs to be done. That is just my 2 cents

Gosh I know.....but im just so damn exited now. I WANT MORE!!!!! hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
          HE HAS ARRIVED lol
          Scott is the bomb
          Yes he is. I have just sharpened my chisel....cleaned of my stone tablet....and I am clenching my hammer with a death grip just in case he starts droppin knowledge.

Im such a noob.

I am very impressed with Scott, Skip, Dante

Comment

Yea this place is the shit
            I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
            I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Im really glad you said that! As of right now I am not going to modify my training. Im going to give the original design time to work. I have already had 10 pr for reps in my first blast. But boy do I like reading what you guys have done in the past to clear personal hurdles. I am still in the transition from higher volume to DC. My legs feel very under trained. But they are stronger!!!!!!
              I know guys like me have come and gone....Thanks Homonculus for chiming in. Means alot!
              Sure!

Imagine if you continue to gain strength at even ⅓ of this rate for the next year. You might be, what, 25% stronger?... Move from 315lb for 10 to 405 for 10 reps.

Yes he is. I have just sharpened my chisel....cleaned of my stone tablet....and I am clenching my hammer with a death grip just in case he starts droppin knowledge.

I am very impressed with Scott, Skip, Dante
              First thought is that a lot of this is pretty simple - you got to get after it in the gym - so don't over think it.

-S
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                Sure!

Imagine if you continue to gain strength at even ⅓ of this rate for the next year. You might be, what, 25% stronger?... Move from 315lb for 10 to 405 for 10 reps.

First thought is that a lot of this is pretty simple - you got to get after it in the gym - so don't over think it.

-S
                funny you should say that, my squat went from 405 for 6 to 405 for 9......in 5 weeks, My first blast. No bs.
                My cruise ended today.....im so damn excited to start blasting for 9-12 weeks I can hardly sit still.

Deads went from 405 for 7 to 10 no straps. 5 weeks, no bs
                Getting used to lower vol after training that way for years is tough. You just dont feel like your doing enough. But im getting it!

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
                  http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=33833

Here ya go brother

Def journal and pics

And shit man I went through being confused and had the same fire u do now
                  I'm glad I can continue the tradition at IM of education/motivation and brotherhood

Long thread but gems EVERYWHERE
                  Im seriously going to shut my pie hole now, ive only gotten thru 4 pages of that thread and I already feel stupid. I just needed to read some Dante to calm my ass down. Thanks for the link DC_catholic

Comment

Im seriously going to shut my pie hole now, ive only gotten thru 4 pages of that thread and I already feel stupid. I just needed to read some Dante to calm my ass down. Thanks for the link DC_catholic
                    Hahaha I had the same reaction a while back when I read that thread

Comment

Lol we most all been there bro
                      Enjoy
                      That one is a JEM
                      I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                      I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Makes me wonder how many other good threads ive missed. I searched for that one and came up empty. I searched the hell out of skiploading, got more out longevity from teamskip.

Yea that one is a beauty.

Comment

Is anyone doing the 3-way split without WM? I think I read somewhere that Jason Wojo was doing "only" the exercises and no WM?

Comment

Working...
                          X