Question About Extreme Stretching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Extreme Stretching

I would like to start by saying that I have read both the newbie links of extreme stretching. Furthermore I ran the forum search as well, hoping to answer my own questions.

I remember reading a while ago about stretching protocol but have been unable to dig up the link - my question is when do you perform your stretch? Do you do it after each exercise? I.E. Chest Exercise RP, Extreme Stretch right afterwards. (I ask because I did see somewhere, again the same thread I can no longer find, that gave recommendations for the condition in which you should be stretching - maximum pump achieved, etc... - I can no longer locate that information)

Or do you do your stretching as a group at the end of the workout? I apologize if there is an obvious place that I have somehow missed containing the information but the two newbie links supplied do not discuss this.

I always do it after the exercise, mainly for convenience and it often times helps further loosen me up. Also, it gives me time to really stretch and recover for a few min before I hit my next body part. I tried doing them all afterward before, and frankly I was too tired at the end of my workouts and half-assed them

Comment

Perform your extreme stretches immediately after your widowmaker for a particular muscle. The widowmaker is supposed to give you a massive pump and that's the perfect time to stretch the muscle/fascia.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
      *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
      •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
      *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Collabera View Post
        Perform your extreme stretches immediately after your widowmaker for a particular muscle. The widowmaker is supposed to give you a massive pump and that's the perfect time to stretch the muscle/fascia.
        Do you do a widowmaker for each muscle group then for additional volume? It was my understanding from my reading that widowmakers are only done on those straight sets where performing a rest-pause technique may be dangerous.

Comment

Say for chest:

Incline DB press Rest Pause

Pec Dec widowmaker

Extreme stretch.

At least in my training, almost everything gets a widowmaker followed by a stretch. But not always. For example I dont do a lat widowmaker but just a rear delt/middle traps widowmaker.
          Last edited by Collabera; 11-24-2015, 12:59 AM.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
          *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
          •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
          *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Widowmaker after each movement isn't part of the main plan which is why I think the OP was confused.

Comment

I stretch after each main lift, I could only hold them for about 20 sec at first. Now im getting close to 1 min, witch I think is the goal.

Comment

Working...
              X