What's a Free Squat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a Free Squat?

Please could people elaborate on what's the definition of a "free squat" here within DC.

I've searched for a definitive without success.
    Is it just a barbell squat?
    A free motion squat machine?
    Like callenetics body weight squats like air squats?

I've given up searching. Please guys chime in.

Cheers

A free squat is just a regular barbell squat, the "free squat" comes from "free weight".

We do get a lot of confusion about nomenclatures concerning DC training, if you have any other doubts, feel free to ask!
    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Delta

Cheers, I didn't see the correlation between free weight and free squat. Makes sense.

See if there's any contradictions.

Comment

Originally posted by ChubChub View Post
        Delta

Cheers, I didn't see the correlation between free weight and free squat. Makes sense.

See if there's any contradictions.
        think of any weight that is in a 3 dimensional space as free. you have complete control of it vs the weight being tethered via cable or a guide.

Comment

I would put the standard barbell squat, the yoke-bar squat and the manta-ray squat in that category, although each of them is a unique move.

Comment

Working...
          X