My DC Split/Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DC Split/Log

Ok so this is what I've come up with feel free to interject with recommendations.
    Mon)Chest-DB Incline Press-1x11-15RP
    Delts-DB Seated Press-1x15-20RP
    Tris-Dips-1x15-20RP
    Back Width-Pull Ups-1x11-15RP
    Back Thickness-Deads-1x9-12SS
    Wed)Bis-DB Alt Curls-1x15-20RP
    Forearms-Rev Curls-1x11-15SS
    Calves-Seated Calf Raise-1x10-12SS
    Hams-Stiff Leg Deads-1x15-20RP
    Quads-Leg Press-2x6-8SS+WM
    Fri)Chest-Dips-1x11-15RP
    Delts-Machine Press-1x15-20RP
    Tris-Rev Grip Press-1x15-20RP
    Back Width-Rev Grip Lat Pulldowns-1x11-15RP
    Back Thickness-Bent Over BB Rows-1x9-12SS

This will be my first week. I'll post up my next week within the next couple days but for now I have a crying baby to attend to lol
    Last edited by BeastGunz; 07-03-2015, 12:15 AM.

When you say 1x15RP, what is the low end of the range? Not just the 1x15 but all the others. For example. Inc DB press I write it out at 11-15. I pick a weight that I can do a minimum of 11 reps for and progress over time to over 15 and go up in weight from there. If I can't do at least 11 then I need to start with a lower weight. If I start too high of weight on a movement then it's very hard to make progress over time.

A rule of thumb I've always followed for rep ranges is chest moves are 11-15, shoulders are 15-20, and arms are typically 20-25 or 20-30 depending on the movement.

Back thickness I work up to an all out set of 6-8 and then a set of 12.
    Back width I typically follow a 15-20 rep range but this is more dependent on the movement.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
    *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
    •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
    *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Not sure how long I should "blast" for but I've been training pretty hard 5 days a week(individual body parts) and have been doing an HIIT cardio day once a week(I do fasted cardio 5days a week for 30min). So my body is used to training long and hard for quite a while. Where I'm new to this I may just go 6-8weeks then "cruise" for 10 days. Depending on how I feel I will adjust both the blast and cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by Collabera View Post
        When you say 1x15RP, what is the low end of the range? Not just the 1x15 but all the others. For example. Inc DB press I write it out at 11-15. I pick a weight that I can do a minimum of 11 reps for and progress over time to over 15 and go up in weight from there. If I can't do at least 11 then I need to start with a lower weight. If I start too high of weight on a movement then it's very hard to make progress over time.

A rule of thumb I've always followed for rep ranges is chest moves are 11-15, shoulders are 15-20, and arms are typically 20-25 or 20-30 depending on the movement.

Back thickness I work up to an all out set of 6-8 and then a set of 12.
        Back width I typically follow a 15-20 rep range but this is more dependent on the movement.

That's a good point (here is where I suck at logging haha) I will probably use pretty close to your methods as far as minimum rep range. I will edit

Comment

As far as blast and cruising goes, you should blast when your body tells you it's time. That could be 5 weeks or 10 weeks. You never know. There are recommendations but this is where a DC program can be more tailored to you. I never cruise if I'm continuing to see progress and my body feels fine. Length of cruise depends on your recovery. Both your body and your central nervous system need a break. You should always go back into another blast ready and motivated.

There's many ways to log your workouts but mine will look something like this:

Inc BB press(11-15) [email protected],4,2 (13 total)
          Pec dec(1x20) 110x20

DB shoulder press(15-20) [email protected],5,3 (18 total)
          Side laterals(1x20) 30x20

That's just an example. Now one thing you might find is instead of getting more total reps you tie what you got last time but did more reps on your first loop. To me, that's progress. So if I get inc bb press [email protected],3,2 (13 total) then I made progress. It just won't look that way if you only care about total reps.

*2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
          *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Awesome that's kinda what I wanted to hear haha I do train a lot but I'm pretty good at realizing when I need a break. Thanks for the tips in logging, that's a pretty simple way to do it and makes sense.

Comment

I would look into dante's suggestion on how to train calves. Employing the times stretch, negative, etc. and for back thickness exercises which place a load on the low back, for example, deadlift day I would do two sets. 1 ss 3-6 and 1 SS 10-15. And on quads, just one all out set then the WM. Only other suggestion I have is its VERY HARD to progress on db curls, I would at least move the rep range to 15-30 if I was gonna do those. Which I've done before. I spent a long time doing DC training, both under Scott and on my own. I would also replace my db chest press with a machine press such as hammer strength or smith. If not, same as biceps I would increase my rep range to 15-30. Reason being is because Dumbbells are not only hard to progress on once at a certain point but also because of how hard heavy ass db's are to get into place for a press.

Other than that, hit that shit hard as you can and kill the log book! Good luck to you! Very fun/intense training program

Comment

That's an excellent point about the Dumbbells. Too many times I've progressed so much that I eventually had trouble getting Dumbbells in place on moves like inc DB press or DB shoulder press. I still attempt them though only because I eventually will scrap barbell moves and need other options. Not always a fan of machines. Especially ones where I have to press from the bottom to start like a lot of hammer strength.

Comment

Originally posted by firedawg0108 View Post
                  I would look into dante's suggestion on how to train calves. Employing the times stretch, negative, etc. and for back thickness exercises which place a load on the low back, for example, deadlift day I would do two sets. 1 ss 3-6 and 1 SS 10-15. And on quads, just one all out set then the WM. Only other suggestion I have is its VERY HARD to progress on db curls, I would at least move the rep range to 15-30 if I was gonna do those. Which I've done before. I spent a long time doing DC training, both under Scott and on my own. I would also replace my db chest press with a machine press such as hammer strength or smith. If not, same as biceps I would increase my rep range to 15-30. Reason being is because Dumbbells are not only hard to progress on once at a certain point but also because of how hard heavy ass db's are to get into place for a press.

Other than that, hit that shit hard as you can and kill the log book! Good luck to you! Very fun/intense training program

I will definitely take that into consideration! I actually had my week two set up with the machine press for chest. Or is it key to use the same type of workout for the duration of the blast?

Comment

No you need to have 3 completely different days for all your workouts. Each move will help you progress on another. So for me since I do a 3 day split (push, pull, legs) I have 9 total different workouts where only widow makers are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Collabera View Post
                      That's an excellent point about the Dumbbells. Too many times I've progressed so much that I eventually had trouble getting Dumbbells in place on moves like inc DB press or DB shoulder press. I still attempt them though only because I eventually will scrap barbell moves and need other options. Not always a fan of machines. Especially ones where I have to press from the bottom to start like a lot of hammer strength.

The best solution for this is to have a spotter assist with first rep on a HS. Then count your reps as everytime you come down, instead of the traditional way.

Comment

Yeah I've done it that way before. Actually I made a little set up that I can place between the parts of the machines where the weight sits and the lever. It is basically a long hard foam block like chunks of hard foam rollers that can be placed there so you can start the weight from a higher point. when you lift the weight, they just fall to the ground and need to be placed again between sets. It works for most hammer strength or cybex plate loaded set ups.

Comment

So before I start this I am going to finish out the routine I am currently running. Story behind this is is I just had a falling out with a guy I was using as a coach on another forum and basically he kind of left me hanging quite a few times in the last couple months while I've been trying to cut down. Basically I kept sending him pic/measurement/weight updates and he never updated my diet/workout plan. Well after getting back in touch with him finally he feels really bad and wants to make it up to me and says he will be with me every step of the way until I hit my ~BF goal. I don't have a whole lot left to lose before I start to grow again so I took him on his word and I am going to work with him just until this cut is over. I've already told him that after that we are done(I want to work with Skip this fall/winter to get me ready for my first show). Therefore I think I am just going to keep studying and following logs here at IM in order to get a better grasp on DC training prior to committing myself to this log. I appreciate all the tips and advice and I will absolutely still be lurking in the background soaking up as much info as I can. Thanks again!

Comment

Is this guy just doing diet? I would still implement rest pause sets in your training and prepare yourself for a real DC blast. I've been dieting for about 20 weeks and I still do DC workouts throughout. I just don't track numbers like I would normally. Rep ranges tend to be higher and the volume is up too.

In about 2 months I will be going full in with DC and will start a new journal on it. It will be specific on everything and give new DC trainees an idea on how I make DC work for me and how it's different for my training partner. Keep a look out for that

Comment

He does diet and workout but I am definitely using rest pause. I typically train strictly TUT but I am now incorporating RP jut for the reason you stated.

Comment

Working...
                              X