Quad stretch methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad stretch methods

I am on my second week on DC and I am really liking it so far! One issue I have been having is trying to stretch my quads.

I have seen the recommended stretch where you position yourself under the bar in a rack and kind of lowr yourself down (piss port description I know LoL) It didn't seem to work very well for me. Im sure its my technique but I kept trying and nothing. I have tried pulling my legs up to my butt and tried sitting on my feet and leaning back. All of these stretch me but not enough to be considered extreme for purposes of what I think the DC program requires.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good quad stretch method that I could try?

Thanks!

I usually stand in front of the leg extension facing away from it, bend your foot up to your glute and place the top of your foot/ankle on the pad. Therefore your bent leg is vertical alongside the other straight leg with the foot on the floor. Lean back and you should feel the stretch, try to bend backwards at the hip hinge. To push the stretch further try to lower the hip you are stretching whilst raising the standing leg hip. This should help stretch the top half of the quad at the same time. Works for my quads give it a try

Comment

Yes, place one leg behind your back, place the other in front of you. You should look like you're doing a bulgarian split squat. Then reach with your hand behind your back and grab the end of your foot and pull it against your back. Your entire quads, sovasis, abs, hip flexors should be in deep agonizing pain. I recommend buying some tissues in case you shed a tear(not uncommon during this stretch)

Comment

Originally posted by MAC_collo View Post
        I usually stand in front of the leg extension facing away from it, bend your foot up to your glute and place the top of your foot/ankle on the pad. Therefore your bent leg is vertical alongside the other straight leg with the foot on the floor. Lean back and you should feel the stretch, try to bend backwards at the hip hinge. To push the stretch further try to lower the hip you are stretching whilst raising the standing leg hip. This should help stretch the top half of the quad at the same time. Works for my quads give it a try
        I will try thy next leg day. I was doing a variation of this at the "stretch rack thingy" (thats a official term) lol. But my foo had to be flat and this would cause my calves to get stretched before my quads.

Great advice, thank you!

Originally posted by Shredder View Post
        Yes, place one leg behind your back, place the other in front of you. You should look like you're doing a bulgarian split squat. Then reach with your hand behind your back and grab the end of your foot and pull it against your back. Your entire quads, sovasis, abs, hip flexors should be in deep agonizing pain. I recommend buying some tissues in case you shed a tear(not uncommon during this stretch)
        LOL

Comment

Just a pic for ya.

-S
          Attached Files
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Thanks for the pics, that clears it up! I like the idea of having something in front of you to hold onto.

Comment

Homonunculus...that's how I've been doing them also!! Great minds think a like...now I don't feel like the only fuckin' Weirdo!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                Just a pic for ya.

-S

Ive been struggling getting a good stretch but this perfect!

Comment

Thanks for this. Ive been using the bar on a smith machine and its more painful on my foot than my quad. Sometimes common sense aint so common....

Comment

Tried this yesterday, fantastic...fuckin eh - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                      Just a pic for ya.

-S

Been doing these the last few days, and it's really made my legs feel better from all the cardio an leg work I've been doing.

Comment

Somehow the quad stretch is the only one I can hold for 90+ seconds

Comment

Working...
                        X