Stupid stretching question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid stretching question..

I am looking into transitioning into DC training in a couple weeks. I have done my due diligence to research the basics of the DC style but I cannot find a solid answer as to when you are supposed to do the stretching.

I believe, from how I have read things, that you stretch the body part you just worked immediately following/finishing the lift for that body part. Is this correct?
    So If I were to do incline press, after I finished my set, I would go stretch my chest and move onto my next lift.

Is this correct? Sorry if this is listed somewhere, I read the stickies and may have missed it.

No question is stupid my brother.

Regarding to stretching, it's a matter of preference. You can do the respective stretch after your rest-pause set for said bodypart, which is what most people do, or you can do it any time you want it during the training session, at the end, after half the training session, etc.

It's your call. Don't overthink it.
    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Excellent, Thanks 0001Delta!!! I was hoping it was something blatant that I was just missing. I guess I will start with stretching immediately after the lift and see how that goes.

Comment

I've seen studies that have said that stretching a worked muscle can aid in hyperplasia - an increase in the number of muscle fibers.

I want that!

Comment

Working...
        X