New to DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to DC

Ok so I havent lifted in around 3 years.. But now that we live in a bigger town, job is better, and they are opening a nice state of the art gym about a mile from the house, I am excited to get back into Lifting.

I know that DC will not be the program I start with, since I need to build back up some before I begin to do a DC type program.

I will be reading the stickies including this one for newbies.

but I did have one other question.

Are there any good videos, DVD series, downloads, or books that can help me learn as much as I can before I move into the DC program? I want to study and learn as much as possible so when I do get to it, I will be ready for it.

thanks

Read every single sticky in the puppy pound and doggpound, read every DC log take note of questions you have, the re-read everything and answer your own questions... That's a start
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Jason Wojo put out a DC Training DVD back several years ago. Not sure if it's still available, but it covers the basics quite thoroughly.

Comment

Originally posted by rainjack View Post
        Jason Wojo put out a DC Training DVD back several years ago. Not sure if it's still available, but it covers the basics quite thoroughly.
        I haven't been able to find that one around... maybe get a used copy somewhere?

Some people bought "Project Superheavyweight" thinking it would teach them DC training, but that is not an instructional DVD, it is how two elite bodybuilders train...
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I have a copy of DC Training, but it is not for sale. I hate recommending YouTube for this DVD because I don't want Jason or Dante to miss out on getting paid for it - if it's still available.

But you can find the full 90 minute dvd uploaded there.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
            Read every single sticky in the puppy pound and doggpound, read every DC log take note of questions you have, the re-read everything and answer your own questions... That's a start
            Oh yeah I plan to for sure. And of course read as much as possibly throughout the forum

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by USMCKoontz View Post
              Oh yeah I plan to for sure. And of course read as much as possibly throughout the forum

thanks
              Read and learn until you are ready for a more advanced program (DC)... bust ass day in and day out... make no excuses and push yourself to your limit.

Even learning about DC through reading will not mentally prepare you for the grind. The attitude and mind set that it takes to be successful with DC needs to be built over time in the gym. Based on your name, I assume you are a Marine? View each session as stepping into battle... lay it all out, hold nothing back...

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

And drive past the new state of the art gym and find a dungeon to train in. j/k I have several memberships. One at a big name gym, one at a privately owned small gym that has some great basic equipment and a membership at a gym 35 miles from my house. But this is the gym that has TONS of equipment, DB's up to 220lbs, around 20 100lb plates, and just about anything else you can imagine. Most people drive past this gym because it's not fancy. But it's the gym where people get results. Unfortunately gyms like these are almost extinct. If you find one, sign up and support it.
                Its not the size of the hammer, its the size of the man holding the hammer.

Comment

Any recommendations on what type of "pre" program can get you ready for DC? It seems for its for advanced lifters...what should the rest of us use? Just pick any ole program from BB.com?

Comment

Originally posted by robecru View Post
                    Any recommendations on what type of "pre" program can get you ready for DC? It seems for its for advanced lifters...what should the rest of us use? Just pick any ole program from BB.com?
                    Train hard. Train progressively. And if you want to throw in a some rest-pausing on some exercises to get an understanding of hit it works, go for it. But pretty much just train hard and progressively.

There are tons of programs out there:
                    5/3/1
                    5x5
                    Dorian Yates's Blood and Guts
                    Big Beyond Belief
                    Layne Norton's stuff
                    and honestly hundred upon hundreds of programs out there... pick one that seems to meet your goals and TRAIN HARD AND PROGRESSIVELY

If you have a question about whether a program seems logical, post it up... better to start somewhere than to not start at all.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to research 5,3,1 and 5x5 since I've seen them mentioned elsewhere in IM.

Comment

The entire (full) "Cycle for Pennies" is available on Scribed. Obviously some viewpoints have changed, but you couldn't finished reading every single thread and not get the basic idea behind DC training.

Train as hard and heavy as you can with good form and heavy eating. When you think you are ready, hopefully you will have done all of the research and can plug away with DC.

Consistency with diet and training is the key. You have to truly know what you want.
                        "The Dude Abides" Please Use Discount Code: JNC825

Comment

Working...
                        X