DC Straight Sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Straight Sets

I've tried searching for this a few times and never found a conclusive answer. When it says to do straight sets for certain bodyparts (calvers, back thickness, forearms) is it suggesting to do a single set to failure or 2 to 3 sets?

I know back thickness is recommended for a heavy set and then an even heavier set, but I was curious about the recommendations for calves/forearms. Thanks!

Calves and forearms one set, back thickness 2. Legs 1 or 2 heavy sets then a WIDOWMAKER, that's up to you. This is how dante prescribes it I believe

Comment

For safety :

Back Thickness - 2 straight sets to failiure.
      Eg - 1st set Rack Pulls 6-10 reps heavy set
      2nd set 10-12 back off set
      Fail somewhere in those rep. Now, if you want to do the 10-12 set first and then the heavy set 6-10reps after, is entirely your choice. Those reps arent set in stone either. Experiment.

Squats - 1st set at 6-10 reps
      2nd set at 20+ reps , aiming for 20.
      This must be done in this order. Why? Try it and see how you feel.

--------------

Calves
      Recommended to do 10-12 straight set, but heres the shithouse part - every single rep, you must hold stretch position for 10-15second count, explode on way up, slowwww negative and re hold stretch.
      Now, you may not respond to this stimulus (most do) but some special snowflakes do not. Try this first though.

Forearms
      You can rest pause these sets, most respond better to 15-25 rep set.
      Some respond better to 10-20 set..up to you yo find out what range works for you (just like every bodypart).
      You can also straight set them for 1 or 2 sets, again you choose the rep range.

IMO. The beauty of DC is the way you can manipulate the rep ranges for your uniqueness.
      Make sure you follow the exercise order-
      Chest
      Shoulders
      Triceps
      Back width
      Back thickness

Biceps
      Forearms
      Calves
      Hammies
      Quads

If you change the order - maybe you want to do tris before shoulders, just beware that you wont be doing DC, it will be your hybrid.
      Having said that, if your ready for DC, then you wont give a shit about training shoulders hard after chest.

Enjoy it and good luck. Go make gains.

Edit- if you have injuries then it is up to you to make sure you choose intelligent rep ranges and exercises..Bad low back? Maybe heavy T Bar Rows and Rack pulls arent for you.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
        Edit- if you have injuries then it is up to you to make sure you choose intelligent rep ranges and exercises..Bad low back? Maybe heavy T Bar Rows and Rack pulls arent for you.
        And just as a bit of extra info regarding intelligent rep ranges, here's a timeless thread started by Dante on how important that is for older lifters:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=26753

Comment

Martin h

Great post. I've been looking for something like this. ta.

Daniel79

I've got a couple of scotch and cokes in me and I've been searching for that post all night. I'd given up, due to the scotch. And then it appears in a random, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ChubChub View Post
            Martin h

Great post. I've been looking for something like this. ta.

Daniel79

I've got a couple of scotch and cokes in me and I've been searching for that post all night. I'd given up, due to the scotch. And then it appears in a random, thanks.
            Haha "ta" instead of ty....Only problem with that, as I look at my keyboard, the
            "a" and the "y" are very far apart! But it's all good! Scotch isn't my thing, but I certainly understand your dilemma! All good brother. :yippee:

Comment

No "ty", was def meant to be "ta".
              English expression to mean thanks. Mainly northern, but recognised across UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChubChub View Post
                No "ty", was def meant to be "ta".
                English expression to mean thanks. Mainly northern, but recognised across UK.

Got it, so "ta" stands for " thanks a lot?"

Comment

Thinking about it, it don't sound how it looks. It's an "a" like a Spanish sounding "a". Or like the "a" from the word "car", as it goes, same as the word Tar, without the letter "r" at the end.

Comment

Dante mentioned at one point for folks new to DC to do straight sets for ALL of the exercises and not do any rest-pauses...and give themselves a few weeks to get used to the format and going balls out before adding in rest pause.

I know because that's what I did my first go at DC.
                    '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                    17 AAU Super Total
                    '16-AAU Hi
                    '15-USPA Metro
                    '15-USPA State
                    '15-AAU HI
                    '14-AAU HI
                    '14-USPA Metro
                    '14-WABDL Sonny's
                    '14-USPA State
                    '14-HI Strongman
                    '13-USPA
                    '13-WABDL Sonny's
                    '13-USPA State
                    '13-AAU HI
                    '11-USPA Metro
                    '10-NPC Stingrey
                    '09-NPC Islands
                    '09-NPC Stingrey
                    '09-ABA Islands
                    '02-ABA Islands
                    '02-ABA IronWorks
                    '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                    '01-ABA Olympia
                    '01-ABA Islands
                    '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                    '00-INBF Musclefest
                    '98-NGA Ill
                    '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

It is surprisingly hard to take down the barriers and go all out at first. I took probably three weeks to learn what really pushing is. I am sure that I will look back later and think that I did not push myself enough. There is always another level, you just do not know it until you reach it for that first time.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin_schreder View Post
                        It is surprisingly hard to take down the barriers and go all out at first. I took probably three weeks to learn what really pushing is. I am sure that I will look back later and think that I did not push myself enough. There is always another level, you just do not know it until you reach it for that first time.
                        the log book will take you there.
                        you will see what intensity is ,pushing trough to beat it.
                        "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
                        J.M.

Comment

Working...
                        X