Opinions on blast exercise selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on blast exercise selections

I've done DC before and recently came back to it after a long stint with Mountain Dog training. Wanted to outline my blast and see if you guys notice issues I may not have thought of.

A1 -
    Reverse band incline barbell press 11-15
    Smith seated military press 11-15
    Smith close grip bench 11-15
    Wide grip pullups 11-15
    Snatch grip rack pull 6-8, 9-12

B1 -
    Ez bar curl 15-20
    Pinwheels 15-20
    Smith standing calf raise - DC protocol
    Lying leg curl 15-20
    Safety squat 6-8, widowmaker

A2 -
    Reverse band football bar bench 11-15
    Smith upright row 11-15
    Wide reverse grip press 11-15
    Rack chins 11-15
    T-bar row 6-8, 9-12

B2 -
    Incline dumbbell curl 15-20
    Ez bar reverse curl 15-20
    Leg press calf raise - DC style
    Smith stiff leg deadlift - 11-15
    Leg press - 6-10, widowmaker

A3 -
    Incline Smith bench 11-15
    "Scrape the rack" overhead press 11-15
    JM press in Smith - 15-20
    Close grip chins - 11-15
    Meadows row - 6-8, 9-12

B3 -
    Drag curl in Smith 15-20
    Reverse grip cable curl 15-20
    Smith seated calf raise - DC style
    Smith single leg stiff leg deadlift 15-20
    Reverse band barbell squat 6-8, widowmaker

Thoughts are maybe switching out Smith front squats for the leg press. Already have a ton of Smith stuff in there though because I finally added one to the gym and want to play! Also not sure about the two variations of stifflegs back to back. Anything else you guys notice?

It's the puppy pound so I'll give it a shot though I'm sure many more advance guys el jump in there

I'd prolly (myself) want more variety in the hamstring dept than smith stiff legs then single leg stiff legs as a second movement... Maybe like a reverse smith lunge or sumo left press or a different leg curl

I'd also be Leary of using rack pulls before a safety bar squat as well as your a1 and b1 indicate you would be that could be a lot on your back... I feel the safety bar works my back harder than a reg bar this is jus IMO that your lower back will be wrecked and it will prolly be hard to follow that with t bar rows and could make your blast short lived...

You've def got some different shit going on with the bands and such I never done any reverse band stuff so I can't comment on how using the lightened method would do in a DC program...

I would think it might help to maybe use some variety in your rep ranges... You got 11-15 for all shoulder moves I'd say maybe do higher on your upright row movement (I always had trouble with these) maybe use 20-30
    Maybe try to use some higher rep ranges on a few movements
    Maybe use one free wt extension movement for triceps? Idk I'm addicted to skullkrushers lol so I'm always like hey do skullkrushers he he

Any way Jus generalities really... I'm no expert so I can't won't try to write you a template...but jus some food for thought based on my experience with bast blasts... Hope that helps till the big dogs come in
    I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
    I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Agree. I just feel limited on hamstrings for some reason. I have a GHD and could do GHRs, but I just feel like they hard to progress. I can hold a weight plate or add bands I guess, but that just doesn't seem as consistent. I had sumo leg presses on my last blast and I just don't feel like I get as much hamstring work out of them even with my feet almost completely off the platform and as wide as they'll go. I could swap the rack pulls and put them on A2 or A3 if you guys think they would work better there. I like the reverse band stuff because it makes the big lifts a little easier on my joints and gives me a little extra safety since I lift alone.

Comment

1) rep ranges variety
        2) hammie exercises
        3) DC places and emphasis on the eccentric.... reverse band band alleviate the stress from the eccentric
        4) Order of exercises with on B days... SLDLs/ RDls before squats?
        5) Look at some exercises and ask, "is the exercise really going to stimulate the target muscle?" "Am I really going to FEEL it in the target muscle?"

There is some stuff to toy with on yur own... if you'd like to get into more detail of the changes that should be made and have a proper program set up, hire homonunculus.
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Kris, I think that should be a stock response to most of these threads.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
            Kris, I think that should be a stock response to most of these threads.

Hahaha! You are absolutely right... It seems these things are overlooked with every "getting on DC" thread...

I also feel one should not be coached into a program as that is part of homon's business, so one needs to ask calculated questions and learn on their own. Otherwise, a q&a session with homon would serve them well.
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
              Hahaha! You are absolutely right... It seems these things are overlooked with every "getting on DC" thread...

I also feel one should not be coached into a program as that is part of homon's business, so one needs to ask calculated questions and learn on their own. Otherwise, a q&a session with homon would serve them well.
              Regardless of Homon (no disrespect intensed) it should be encouraged to think for yourself and go looking for the answers.

It should be clear to anybody that using Homon would bring the fastest and best results..the amount you would learn is GOLD. It is humbling to listen to someone who is far more intelligent than me, and enter a thread with this massive amount of free info, which is easy to understand!! Hes a king of lehmans terms..
              That Kombucha tea he had in the recent elite thread..brewing my own this weekend

martin_h
              Middleweight Member
              Last edited by martin_h; 03-04-2014, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X