Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLAST STOP at Christmas?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BLAST STOP at Christmas?!

    Next week I start my first DC blast, but count to take a break from 26 december to 1 january 2014 to have some time with my kids and family. Is this a problem? Or do I really have to continue my blast?
    Its not how good you are, but how good you want to be!
    Practise What You Preach!

  • #2
    Why not start the Blast after the holiday?
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

    - Success is the best revenge

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LG1 View Post
      Why not start the Blast after the holiday?
      I have only 1 year to next competition, and want to reach maximum possible muscle gains. Starting after holiday means loosing 30 days!
      Its not how good you are, but how good you want to be!
      Practise What You Preach!

      Comment


      • #4
        I would suggest getting a feel for DC, trying some rest-pausing and training hard up to the holiday and then kick it into full bore after. This will give you some time to test out some exercises and really get a good grasp on the ideal set-up for you going into this blast.

        I think this option would be better for progress than cruising up the holiday since it would get you all set-up and then you have little break and then can really go full steam.
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

        Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

        2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

        Comment


        • #5
          If I break my last with this 1 week, what about nutrition and food!?
          Its not how good you are, but how good you want to be!
          Practise What You Preach!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by theVirus View Post
            If I break my last with this 1 week, what about nutrition and food!?
            That's up to you... I would keep drop my kcals down and maybe only eat when hungry and for holiday meal I would enjoy them and indulge. One meal won't be the end of you and if you are not nearing the end of a contest prep you should enjoy the simple pleasures, like delicious holiday meals. But for the remainder of meals I would drop carbs down and eat lean proteins and some fats when hungry. That is just how I would personally approach it.
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

            Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

            2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
              I would suggest getting a feel for DC, trying some rest-pausing and training hard up to the holiday and then kick it into full bore after. This will give you some time to test out some exercises and really get a good grasp on the ideal set-up for you going into this blast.

              I think this option would be better for progress than cruising up the holiday since it would get you all set-up and then you have little break and then can really go full steam.
              From next week to the break expirimenting with the exercices and preparing for a real blast in 2014?
              Its not how good you are, but how good you want to be!
              Practise What You Preach!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by theVirus View Post
                From next week to the break expirimenting with the exercices and preparing for a real blast in 2014?
                That was the intent of my post. Training balls out until your little holiday break.
                Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                2015 Beat Cancer!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                  That's up to you... I would keep drop my kcals down and maybe only eat when hungry and for holiday meal I would enjoy them and indulge. One meal won't be the end of you and if you are not nearing the end of a contest prep you should enjoy the simple pleasures, like delicious holiday meals. But for the remainder of meals I would drop carbs down and eat lean proteins and some fats when hungry. That is just how I would personally approach it.
                  Thanx for the advice mental! So it will be!
                  Its not how good you are, but how good you want to be!
                  Practise What You Preach!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                    That was the intent of my post. Training balls out until your little holiday break.
                    Think to plan this in a fullbody A and B routine. Training 3 times/week. Good or not?
                    Its not how good you are, but how good you want to be!
                    Practise What You Preach!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by theVirus View Post
                      Thanx for the advice mental! So it will be!
                      Glad I could help! Just from hearing about your training experience and from the pics in your avatar, I think you will really like DC and it will treat you well.
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                      Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                      2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                        Glad I could help! Just from hearing about your training experience and from the pics in your avatar, I think you will really like DC and it will treat you well.
                        :-) I think with my experience, DC and help from people like you, I will reach my goal, winning the 2014 Ifbb belgium masters and overall. Need another 15 - 20lbs!
                        Thanx
                        Its not how good you are, but how good you want to be!
                        Practise What You Preach!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by theVirus View Post
                          I have only 1 year to next competition, and want to reach maximum possible muscle gains. Starting after holiday means loosing 30 days!
                          I didn't mean cruise until next year. More in line with what Mental suggested...
                          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

                          - Success is the best revenge

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                            I didn't mean cruise until next year. More in line with what Mental suggested...
                            Ok capito LG1!, I will keep updating, need any help to reach my goal!
                            Its not how good you are, but how good you want to be!
                            Practise What You Preach!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This is how I will workout untill 25 december, after I will take a break for 1 week.

                              Workout days, monday, wednesday, friday
                              All exercices are warmed up with 3 - 4 sets increasing weight

                              A-routine
                              Warm up 10 min step and stretch
                              30degree bench press 1 set rest-paused
                              Dummbell delt press 1 set rest-paused
                              Scull cruchers 1 set rest-paused
                              Stiff deadlift 1 set Max reps

                              B-routine
                              Warm up 10 min step and stretch
                              Rack chins 1 set rest-paused
                              Incline alternatif dumbell curl 1 set rest-paused
                              Hack squat 1 set Max reps
                              Calves on hack squat machine 1 set Max reps
                              Its not how good you are, but how good you want to be!
                              Practise What You Preach!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X