Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hi evereyone I have been reading up on the DC training and would love to start it but I feel I have a few issues. My exercises seem to be clashing its hard for me to see whihc ones they are. I would appreciate any help if some1 could judge and read through what I have listed to use in my plan. Please

Originally Posted by zeebodybuilder
    Workout A1
    Incline smith machine press 11-15rp
    seated dumbell press 11-20rp
    ez bar skull crushers 15-30rp)
    Lat pulldowns 11-15rp
    Barbell Rows (6-9reps) + (9-12reps)

Workout B1
    dumbell curls 11-20rp
    barbell wrist curls straight set 10-20 reps
    standing calf raises 10-12 reps
    sumo leg press 15-30rp)
    Squats (6-10 rep straight set) 3-5 minute rest and then (20 rep widowmaker)

Workout A2
    Flat dumbell press 11-20rp
    smith machine shoulder press 11-20rp
    close grip bench press 11-20rp
    Underhand pulldowns 11-15rp
    Hammer Strength Low Row (6-9reps) + (9-12reps)

Workout B2
    Standing Preacher curls using ez bar 11-20rp
    dumbell Pin wheel curls straight set 10-20 reps
    leg press toe preses 10-12 reps
    for hamstrings here I got a idea I could attach a rope to my ankle and lie on a bench flat and tie the rope with a cable rack and then perform single leg reverse curlsstraight set of 15-25 reps
    Leg Press, (6-10 rep straight set) 3-5 minute rest and then (20 rep widowmaker)

Workout A3
    Decline dumbell press Im thinking would be more effective then performing a seated chest presson machine press 11-20rp
    Dumbell upright row 11-20rp
    reverse grip bench presses smith machine 11-20rp
    Pull ups 11-15rp
    Deadlifts (6-9reps) + (9-12reps)

Workout B3
    Barbell drag curls 11-20rp
    reverse cable straight bar curls straight set 10-20 reps
    smith machine calf raises 10-12 reps
    Seated reverse leg curl 15-30rp)
    Smith front squats on smith (6-10 rep straight set) 3-5 minute rest and then (20 rep widowmaker)

Hi please judge the workout I have made a few changes to the exercises and found and created a few myself which would work and they do meet the criteria below.

When choosing your exercises ask yourself these 3 questions:
    1) Does this exercise adequately hit the intended target muscle?
    2) Can I make progress in the amount of weight I can use on this particular exercise throughout the length of my blast?
    3) Can I take this exercise to the required failure point in a relatively safe manner so that I improve my chances of remaining injury free (and others...?

If my exercises are accepted then I will move onto fixing up my rep ranges.

"for hamstrings here I got a idea I could attach a rope to my ankle and lie on a bench flat and tie the rope with a cable rack and then perform single leg reverse curlsstraight set of 15-25 reps"

Why not just DB leg curls?
    Lay on a bench and squeeze a DB between your feet and curl.

Other than that it looks good to start. After your first 2-3 Blast's you will learn alot

The Rep Ranges I personally would adjust some of them

I have always followed

Press's 11-15
    Lat Width and Bi's 15-20
    Delts 15-20
    Deadlifts and/or Rack pulls sets of 6 adding 20lbs a set till I cant do sets of 6 anymore

again thas what I have followed from when I first started DC years ago based of what Dante has written about and/or adjustments made to fit me
    Discount code BDM999
    By using Jerzey's code you will experience service that is unsurpassed, I take the guess work out of saving you money!

Comment

I always had luck keeping my low back from being beat to shit by doing this
      Week one your doing 2 back thickness and legs one day (meaning you have the potential to fry your back all three days if your not careful) so for ME I always did a free weight row (t bar or barbell Monday) as back thickness
      Wed I did leg curls (you could to dumbbell or machine) and leg presses
      Friday I did rack or full range deads

The following week you got 2 leg centered days as well as one back thickness day
      Mon I would do a sumo leg press for hams and a hack or smythe squat movement (Keeping in mind the prev Friday I had done my heaviest most taxing back thickness exercise)

Wed I chose a row machine (or in some cases I had luck with dumbbell rows over bench for support) for back thickness

Friday I would free squat and use a diffrent leg curl (dumbbell or machine)

I always did my back thickness exercises using one heavy set of 6-10 and one set of 12-15 (I tried 4-6 and they sucked for me lol and I got a lot out of the 12-15 so I can't reccomend these enough for a STARTING point)

I always kept my smythe, barbell and hammer pressing movements in the 11-15 rp range (keeping in mind you would be higher or lower occasionally based on wieght increases fatigue or whatever) and yes you could do a variety of rep ranges but it worked for me so I never deviated

I stayed between 20-30 reps on dumbbell pressing movements (my advice is to always shoot for the higher end it is a BITCH to try to get some heavy ass bells up to do one or two reps with but hey I'm jus giving out info that worked for ME based in what I READ and gathered)

I always got better results for any extension movement or curl for triceps and biceps in the 20-30 rp range (you could do lower that's fine in he 15-20 rp even but I found it much easier to progress CONTINUALLY on arm movements, and keep in mind I'm talking skullkrushers, push downs, dumbell curls, preacher curls and the like drag curls and close grips as well as dips and reverse grips were diffrent for me entirely and I focused on 11-15 rp on these movements)
      IMO if you never blasted DC before your first blast for tris you should rotate dips, close grip bench presses, and reverse grip smythe machine presses with a wide grip...after you rotate them bitches for a blast you ll know why :-)

For lat width I always employed a 15-25 rep range... It's not a rule but it helped me a lot I found that if I did 10 or 12 on my first loop I got a better pump and I progressed in poundage without losing the mind muscle connection... Again this is my experience and 11-15 may work jus fine for you... I found that under heavy weight I relied too much on my bicep/shoulders doing like a 6-3-2 or whatever I jus found I was yanking the weight or stalling quicker... Again this is a sug from my experience

For chest I would always keep a machine movement, an incline smythe movement and if you want the dumbbell movement to be more challenging move it to an incline til you get out your rep range...most bodybuilders need more upper pec anyway... That always worked for me

For shoulders I had the best luck with military presses (seated) dumbbell presses, and a smythe movement and I liked the 15-20 rp range for shoulders it seemed to keep me moving forward without fucking up my shit too bad lol I tweaked my shoulders a lot in the lower rep ranges of 11-15 (bear in mind with dumbbells I stayed with 20-30 rp...

I always tried to set up my chest and shoulder movements to where if I was free weght chest pressing I'd use a machine (or bells) for delts... And vice versa if I wanted to do a free wieght military press I tried to do a machine movement first... Besides dips and dip machines and shill krushers I almost always had smythe machine close grips and smythe machine reverse grips in my blast

For back width pull-ups are cool if you can roll with them ( I wish I had paid more attention to em :-( ) but you should definanlty look into rack chins as an exercise I can't reccommend them enough... And yea any kinda pulldown is good... Do a search for the rack chins and you'll get a good reccommendation and check some links on the you tubes on how to do them... I'd look specifically for Jason wojo...I'd stick with them til I could rest pause 30 reps total before adding weight...

I loved smythe squats hack squats and leg presses and relied on them heavily (and increased my leg by 2 inches) but I would caution against you not doing back squats as they are important and you will suck at them if you stop doing them for a long period of time (believe me I know) if you can squat you should squat ...period same

You may find that you hold up well enough to include stiff legs as one of your movements for hams later on if just see how I respond to sumo leg presses and two curls. They worked good for me

Calves I always did the enhanced stretch 15 sec 5 sec neg explode up and alternates seated leg press and standing on the smythe in the beginning and you should too before you go any further on any special techniques or tricks...

Forearms I never did much wrist curls but I found that if I focused on the 11-22 ss movements of one arm reverse cables, hammer curls, and straight bar reverse preacher curls I got the most from those.... But I always strive to get at least 15 on these (I found the higher rep range helped me keep plugging forward)

Hope this helps

Disclaimer I ain't a mod and not a trainer I'm jus throwing out some Info that worked for me very well to help a brother out in the puppy pound
      DC_catholic315
      Light-heavyweight Member
      Last edited by DC_catholic315; 11-30-2013, 08:43 PM.
      I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
      I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Damn that was a long post :eek2:
        I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
        I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Originally posted by Jerzey View Post
          "for hamstrings here I got a idea I could attach a rope to my ankle and lie on a bench flat and tie the rope with a cable rack and then perform single leg reverse curlsstraight set of 15-25 reps"

Why not just DB leg curls?
          Lay on a bench and squeeze a DB between your feet and curl.

Other than that it looks good to start. After your first 2-3 Blast's you will learn alot

The Rep Ranges I personally would adjust some of them

I have always followed

Press's 11-15
          Lat Width and Bi's 15-20
          Delts 15-20
          Deadlifts and/or Rack pulls sets of 6 adding 20lbs a set till I cant do sets of 6 anymore

again thas what I have followed from when I first started DC years ago based of what Dante has written about and/or adjustments made to fit me
          I think i chose the cable as the dumbell seems to be un balanced and slips through my feet/legs.

Comment

Originally posted by zeebodybuilder View Post
            I think i chose the cable as the dumbell seems to be un balanced and slips through my feet/legs.
            It's tricky for sure

Go with that you have Like I said you will learn alot
            Discount code BDM999
            By using Jerzey's code you will experience service that is unsurpassed, I take the guess work out of saving you money!

Comment

Looking at JUST the exercises, it looks like you did some reading.

For hammies, you may want to look into some variations of glute ham raise variations, you'll find some ideas here: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...sian+knee+curl

I would also choose something more along the lines of a straight BB curl instead of a slider curl. Slider curls are good, but just getting into DC, look for something that is going to be easier to feel the muscle in the full range of motion, like BB curls. Just a thought...

Also, you may want to consider switching the upright rows with the smith overhead presses. The reason i suggest this is because you are doing Db presses first in A2 and also have a triceps pressing exercise, so doing upright rows there would ease up on the pressing and allow your triceps to get little break before killing them.

Lastly, rep ranges... variety. How do you shoulders respond to various rep ranges? How about chest and back when using traditional programs?
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
              X