Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muscle mass gain in first year DC!?

Hi all,
    For those on DC training, how much muscle you gained the first year?
    What in general the muscle gains of someone training DC the first year?
    Phil
    Its not how good you are, but how good you want to be!
    Practise What You Preach!

Highly individual (sorry for preaching to the choir). In my 4 blasts I put on 30lb ( 1st blast was 13 weeks/ 2nd was 13 weeks / 3rd was 11 / 4th was 12. 46 weeks. 1.5 weeks off between blats of little to no training. Au natural. Not bad for a years work. Also considering they arent noob gains and id been training ok for 5 years prior. Thats the problem with a programs really..if you trained for 10 years and then decide to focus 100% of training and diet to sustain it, but you never did before (you used to put 80% effort in), was it the program that worked or was it because you put in every bit of effort. So you have to take things with a pinch of salt. Like in my example, id made good gains in 5 years but was I at 100% or 90%.

Mentalflex has a pretty astonishing thread on here; gained about 30lb in 1 blast (sorry if incorrect mental, on phone, posting quickly).

Comment

210 to 230 at Same bf level had been stuck a while at 210... The only thing I changed was training and the timing of certain nutrients (mainly carbs and fats)..gains were Natty btw to those it matters to...
      Last edited by DC_catholic315; 11-26-2013, 03:35 PM.
      I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
      I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
        Highly individual (sorry for preaching to the choir). In my 4 blasts I put on 30lb ( 1st blast was 13 weeks/ 2nd was 13 weeks / 3rd was 11 / 4th was 12. 46 weeks. 1.5 weeks off between blats of little to no training. Au natural. Not bad for a years work. Also considering they arent noob gains and id been training ok for 5 years prior. Thats the problem with a programs really..if you trained for 10 years and then decide to focus 100% of training and diet to sustain it, but you never did before (you used to put 80% effort in), was it the program that worked or was it because you put in every bit of effort. So you have to take things with a pinch of salt. Like in my example, id made good gains in 5 years but was I at 100% or 90%.

Mentalflex has a pretty astonishing thread on here; gained about 30lb in 1 blast (sorry if incorrect mental, on phone, posting quickly).
        Yes, I gained 30lbs in one then after dieting gained 40lbs in another... There is thread around here somewhere.
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Highly individual (sorry for preaching to the choir). In my 4 blasts I put on 30lb ( 1st blast was 13 weeks/ 2nd was 13 weeks / 3rd was 11 / 4th was 12. 46 weeks. 1.5 weeks off between blats of little to no training. Au natural. Not bad for a years work. Also considering they arent noob gains and id been training ok for 5 years prior. Thats the problem with a programs really..if you trained for 10 years and then decide to focus 100% of training and diet to sustain it, but you never did before

you used to put 80% effort in), was it the program that worked or was it because you put in every bit of effort. So you have to take things with a pinch of salt. Like in my example, id made good gains in 5 years but was I at 100% or 90%.

Thanks, I understand. Training for 20 years now but the last years due family problems at 80% I hope tot gain after 3 blasts 10 ho 15lbs muscle mass, so I think wit fat andere water it will be he double 30lbs. Thats the goal.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
            Yes, I gained 30lbs in one then after dieting gained 40lbs in another... There is thread around here somewhere.
            Rebound effect? Hoe much of the 30 and 40lbs was pure muscle gains?

Comment

Originally posted by theVirus View Post
              Rebound effect? Hoe much of the 30 and 40lbs was pure muscle gains?
              Second time was rebound. First time was the magic of homonunculus. Well considering I started with Scott at sub 120lbs at around 11%-12% bodyfat and the highest I got was around 168lbs with abs, so maybe 10%-11%.... I gained a lot of muscle.

I also had a terrible GI problem after the weight gain which set me back significantly, so I lost a lot of weight.
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Second time was rebound. First time was the magic of homonunculus. Well considering I started with Scott at sub 120lbs at around 11%-12% bodyfat and the highest I got was around 168lbs with abs, so maybe 10%-11%.... I gained a lot of muscle.

I also had a terrible GI problem after the weight gain which set me back significantly, so I lost a lot of weight.
                Fact that you carry on training after the ups and downs is nothingshort of inspiring. Another great example of life knocking you down and getting back up over and over.

Comment

Fact that you carry on training after the ups and downs is nothingshort of inspiring. Another great example of life knocking you down and getting back up over and over.
                  In times of problems, bodybuilding is a good 'holding on'! I had ho fight for my kids, and loosed my dad, house, at the same time, focussing on training and diet keept me ging on strong!

Comment

I see, was it only on DC? I will try tot stay on it all 2014 with 4 blasts (something I think theoreticaly) and cruise each time 10 days doing some circuit training full body at 60% with sets between 15 and 20 reps.

Comment

I see, was it only on DC? I will try tot stay on it all 2014 with 4 blasts (something I think theoreticaly) and cruise each time 10 days doing some circuit training full body at 60% with sets between 15 and 20 reps.
                      Yes, pure DC. I was coached by Dr. Scott Stevenson (homonunculus) and we worked DC (2 way and 3 way) for over two years. He also helped me recover from my GI issues...

My blasts varied in length from 10-14 weeks. We never set a time frame, just got in tune with my body and noted signs it was time to cruise. My personal experience, the longer you can string out a blast, the better. It seems the muscle takes on a more dense look and you'll see more lean body weight than doing many short blasts (so take the time to plan accordingly). But this is just me...

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Longest blast ive ever had was 9 weeks. I would die for your recovery abilities, Wolverine.

Comment

@mentalflex, I think to blast not longer than 10 - 12 week, becouse at week 9, 10, 11 and 12 I want to workout with almost the same straight as week 1 and 2. It has to be optimal, and not going overtraining, because recuperer from overtraining takes maybee more time than I plan ho cruise normaly. Leading to not beiing recuperated maximum for the next blast.

Comment

@mentalflex, I think to blast not longer than 10 - 12 week, becouse at week 9, 10, 11 and 12 I want to workout with almost the same straight as week 1 and 2. It has to be optimal, and not going overtraining, because recuperer from overtraining takes maybee more time than I plan ho cruise normaly. Leading to not beiing recuperated maximum for the next blast.
                            Virus, don't pre-determine you blast length. Let your progress and metnal and physical well-being dictate how long the blast lasts. If you feel great at week 9 and are increasing weights week by week then why stop? You are selling yourself short of gains by stopping when you body is still humming away like a freight train.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Virus, don't pre-determine you blast length. Let your progress and metnal and physical well-being dictate how long the blast lasts. If you feel great at week 9 and are increasing weights week by week then why stop? You are selling yourself short of gains by stopping when you body is still humming away like a freight train.
                              Gess you'r right! Its nee for me so I need ho think logic, and with the help of members wit expirience I will find my way. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X