DC Question (comprehension)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Question (comprehension)

Hey guys, greetings from Germany. So at first I would like you to ask to excuse my (probably) bad english.
    I just wanted to make sure I did not misunderstood the way of DC.

First of all I'm 21 years old. Training for 5 years. Having diet plan since about 2 month (nature rice, thuna, chicken breast, egg whites, full eggs, full corn bread, oat flakes, protein powder, Casein pre sleep, BCAA pre WO, Glutamin pre sleep, isolate pwo).

Edit: eating bout 4000-4500 kcal a day (400g prots, 400g carbs and about 100g of fat (nuts etc.)) [is there anything to do better in diet? please]

I'm 171cm and about 90 kilo. Got my log book ready to start DC.

My priority is to gain as much muscle mass as possible. I suppose DC would be a nice method to gain much more muscle mass.

My question is how to start with DC, cause I never saw someone doing it..
    Just warm up sets (e.g. incline chest press) than I take max weight and try to do about 8 reps, rack the weight, breath 12-15 times, unrack and do another 2-4 reps, rack, 12-15 breaths, unrack, another 1-2 reps.
    Stretch the breast.
    That's everything I do for breast on day A1 than B1,A2,B2 etc.?

Mal'akh

Swiftkey flowed from my EndeavorU running Maximus 21
    Last edited by Mal'akh; 08-27-2013, 04:24 PM.

I would suggest going through the stickies as DC is thoroughly explained in the Dogg Pound and Puppy Pound.

You will see there is no set number of reps you need to get in each RP sets, you have a total number of reps you are to get for the entire set and that is the number you beat in your logbook.

Once you read through all of the stickies you should see this...
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Yes, I saw you need to get between 11-15 RP reps in one set.
      I usually did about 3-4 max weight sets, with a minimum of 6 reps.

I just can't imagine DC will give such a boost because it SEEMS to be that short workout. But on the other hand I think it will be really really hard to do that DC sets/reps.. I'll just give it a try.

I just wanted to make sure I understood everything right before I start to workout w/ DC and get a false opinion because I'm too dump or sth like that.

Mal'akh

Comment

11-15 is not ideal for all exercises. Some higher, and some not rest paused at all

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by grammo13 View Post
          11-15 is not ideal for all exercises. Some higher, and some not rest paused at all

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
          And this is why we have stickies lol
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Okay sorry. I read bout widow makers etc too. But I forgot to mention them...
            And shoulders etc got more RP reps. Just wanted to know if I'm right with my thoughts about e.g. breast.. I read the stickies but wasn't sure if I got it right

Mal'akh

Comment

Originally posted by Mal'akh View Post
              Okay sorry. I read bout widow makers etc too. But I forgot to mention them...
              And shoulders etc got more RP reps. Just wanted to know if I'm right with my thoughts about e.g. breast.. I read the stickies but wasn't sure if I got it right

Mal'akh

No.... certain exercises even for the same bodypart have different rep ranges. It is well advised to use multiple rep ranges for a given bodypart. There is no standard DC program. So don't say, "What exercises should be in xyz rep range and what should be in ABC rep range." If you can't determine which ones should be in certain rep ranges after reading the stickies, then you should spend more time learning your body before getting into DC.

Some exercises are done in straight set fashion

Again...stickies....please read.
              Last edited by mentalflex; 08-28-2013, 07:56 AM.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by Mal'akh View Post
                Yes, I saw you need to get between 11-15 RP reps in one set.
                I usually did about 3-4 max weight sets, with a minimum of 6 reps.

I just can't imagine DC will give such a boost because it SEEMS to be that short workout. But on the other hand I think it will be really really hard to do that DC sets/reps.. I'll just give it a try.

I just wanted to make sure I understood everything right before I start to workout w/ DC and get a false opinion because I'm too dump or sth like that.

Mal'akh

Until you go thru a few cycle's, I don't think you'll be able to get a full appreciation for this program. I felt the same way when I first started but as the routine progressed and the weight started going up,, I understood how dam brutal and yet rewarding this program can be!! Give it a try before you make any judgments.
                "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
                  Until you go thru a few cycle's, I don't think you'll be able to get a full appreciation for this program. I felt the same way when I first started but as the routine progressed and the weight started going up,, I understood how dam brutal and yet rewarding this program can be!! Give it a try before you make any judgments.
                  That's why I asked in here ;-) I don't wanna judge a method w/o trying. Thanks for your answer.

I'll start my DC workout on Monday. I want to try the example plan from Dante. Is it possible to go 4 times a week in 2 split? Or is it too much?

Edit: does anyone of you really drink 1.5-3 liters of green tea a day? I gotta Dogg Pound very often after I drank a about 1 liter.. :-D

Mal'akh

Last edited by Mal'akh; 08-29-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I would start with the basic 2- way split if I were you unless out side issues (work/school) prevent you

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
                    "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                    2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                    2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                    2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                    2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                    2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Okay, thanks for the advice.

I've got a last question. Positive phase should be explosive, negative phase about 4 seconds?

Plus aren't 12-15 DEEP breaths a bit much? I tried it this workout and it took me about 30-45 seconds to take these breaths. Wrong eh?

Mal'akh

Comment

dude if your asking these questions you are not ready to do DC.
                        Thats why Mental is telling you to read the stickies!!

Negative is a conscious effort to control the weight. No set amount of time. Just control it.

Asking if you could do 4 days on the 2 way split and that 12-15 deep breaths are too much..Come on man, really? Fck me Dante has tinkered and perfected DC training over 14+ years and you think 12-15 deep breaths is too much and if you can do 4 days.. This is the reason most people are ignoring your thread..These questions have been asked over and over and over again for years and years.

If Dave Henry/Scott Stevenson/Jason Wojo/Franco/Justin Harris/Brian Bennett/MentalFlex (2 natty lifters fwiw) can grow just fine with DC as its laid out then why are you asking these questions.

please read the stickies.

Comment

Watched some YT vids of people doing DC and comments said 30-45 seconds (my 12-15 breaths) are way too long in the RP sets... Just wanted to ask someone else

Comment

Just take as long as you need within reason the ket is not to rush them.
                            Go find the dante and dusty thread and watch dustys vids in that thread if your really worried aboit the brearhs and the negatives. Good luck

Comment

I did this video a while back.... You can ignore what I do for my static reps, that is something I do on my own (I drop the weight after the first static and do a second)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4bJOb-7yoM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUVHkyhWZMLhId85UMoUMncw[/YOUTUBE]

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
                              X