Diet Help Critique (long, sorry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Help Critique (long, sorry)

Hello all. Back after my first cruise. I must say I dont like time off but thats another topic. I was wondering if I could get some critique on my diet. I have read tons of threads on the subject and tried my best to adjust my diet myself but I feel a bit stagnant.
    I started off at 185 in January. Finished the program I was on at the time around the end of February at a new weight of 212. That is when I made the leap to DC and on the first blast I made it up to 221 (mostly lean, dont really notice any difference in BF%) Most of that gain was in the first four weeks of the 8 week blast. After that I seem to have plateau ed for the final four weeks seeing no real gains. My lifts and reps are increasing at the required rate. So Im looking at my nutrition a little closer now.

This is what I follow on a work day:

M1- 5g creatine upon waking, 2 cups oat bran cereal, half cup whole milk, half banana, 1/4 cup blueberries, and six whole eggs

M2-7 1/2 oz chicken breast (boneless/skinless), 200g of red beans, 7 oz white potatoes

M3-7 1/2 oz chicken breast, 200ggreen peas, 7 oz potatoe

Pre workout- 40g whey, 5g creatine, 5g glutemine, 2 cups whole milk

Post workout- 50g whey, 5g creatine, 5g glutemine, half cup whole milk, 1 cup coconut water

M4- 7 1/2 oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup mixed nuts, 150g fresh pineapple

M5- I eat dinner with my family to make my wife and kids happy which is always a healthy mix of whole pastas or brown rice, some sort of lean meat or fish, and various veggies (the only meal I dont plan out but our family is very health conscious)

M6-250g salmon filet

M7- 40g whey, 2 cups whole milk

On top of this I drink 1 1/2 gallons of water every day.

I have a program which breaks down the macros of this plan to a close estimate:

Total Cals 4300
    Carps 390
    Protien 366
    Fats 140
    Fibers 56

I would greatly appreciate the blunt criticism Ive come to expect on this forum. I dont feel like this diet plan is very solid.

Thanks for your time and I apologize for the length of the post.

Specifically, what are your goals with your training right now?

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Goals right now are mass. Preferably on the leaner side without much fat gain but I want to reach around 250 and see from there.

Comment

You can still eat more food right now, right? Or are you stuffing the food down and are miserable?

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I could easily manage more. Always hungry. Just a little worried about getting a gut. As it is my six pack is only visible under the perfect light settings haha.
          But I want to grow so Im open to any advice.

Comment

So if you can eat more and your body fat hasn't yet gone up much, if at all, EAT MORE.

Seriously, if you were to start to put on fat you just cut back. If you don't push to see how your body will respond, are you going to respond to your potential?

Skip

Comment

Thanks for the help. I was over analyzing like crazy. Much appreciated.
              Last edited by Burner7v7; 05-31-2013, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Not to jump in Skip, but I'm curious. Why don't you have any carbs pre, or post workout? That is where I would add calories. You may want to add an intra workout drink as well.
                1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Yeah ive been wondering if I should add carbs to the pre and post. What do you suggest? something like a ground oat just to toss in the shake? rough idea on how many carbs to add to each? My knowledge of carbs around a workout is a bit lacking.

On a positive note, in the two days since I posted this I have increased my portions across the board as suggested and already put on four more pounds. I grow like a weed when my diet is spot on.

Thanks for the help, Diet information is soooooo abundant that it can be daunting.

Comment

I really like Karboload from Truenutrition.com. Most of the members on here swear by it. Add in a fast absorbing protein as well. Start sipping it about 10 minutes prior to training, then throughout training. Homonunculus had a great article about nutrition surrounding your training. Do a quick search. It would be well worth it.
                    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                    Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
                      I really like Karboload from Truenutrition.com. Most of the members on here swear by it. Add in a fast absorbing protein as well. Start sipping it about 10 minutes prior to training, then throughout training. Homonunculus had a great article about nutrition surrounding your training. Do a quick search. It would be well worth it.
                      Here ya go:

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Thank you guys!

Comment

Homonunculus- Thanks for the article. Ive read and re read it many times and I emptied my printer to print it out for my book.

By making some increases and adding carbs I have put on 7 pounds in the last week and seem to be even leaner than before. Feel like ive exploded or something! Its like I finally gave my body what its been wanting! up to 228 and climbing! Feel stronger and have more energy too.

Thanks again everyone. I cant say it enough apparently ha

Comment

Just an update.
                            As I said before I started at 185lbs in January. Today, May 31st I have reached 241lbs without a noticable increase in BF. In fact I have the most defined core of my life.
                            Thanks to everyone on the forum and Thanks to the man DC most of all. This training program has changed my life.
                            Cant wait to see what five years of hard work on this program will do!

Comment

Good job man, that's a lot of weight. Would love to see some before and after pics if you got them?

Comment

Working...
                              X