Shoulder Exercise Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder Exercise Advice

My current shoulder exercises are seated DB press, standing BB press, and standing Swiss bar press. I want to switch out one of the standing presses for seated BB press. Should I do seated and standing BB presses, or should I leave the standing Swiss bar press in there for grip variation?

Thanks for any advice. I know I overanalyze things sometimes, but it really helps to talk it out on the board.

I would say mix it up from workout to workout as much as possible. It will target different parts of the shoulder and make your workouts less monotonous.
    MWC900
    Please use my 5% off coupon code at truenutrition.com if you think my posts are informative/interesting/helpful etc
    MWC900

Comment

Originally posted by drumfool6 View Post
      I would say mix it up from workout to workout as much as possible. It will target different parts of the shoulder and make your workouts less monotonous.
      Thanks, but I was asking in regards to DC training which calls for sticking to 3 exercises for a while to make progress on them.

Comment

Ah, my bad, I read your post too quickly!
        Personally, I would keep the Swiss bar press.
        MWC900
        Please use my 5% off coupon code at truenutrition.com if you think my posts are informative/interesting/helpful etc
        MWC900

Comment

If you are looking for something new I really like bench face mac hine presses.

Sent from my IdeaTab A2107A-F using Tapatalk 2

Comment

It seems a lot of your pressing is in front of your head, why not a behind the neck press? Smith behind the neck presses would allow for nice variation.
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Isolateral dumbbell upright rows.

Imagine a compound movement for laterals; hammers lateral head pretty good. Can progress very well and go pretty heavy so you can maneuver a lot as far as rep ranges and weight. I feel safer (less nagging feeling of impingement). I like to do the strong side first so my weak side has to MAN THE FUCK UP to get the weight up

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzTFYXUcPPc&t=2m15s[/YOUTUBE]

Skip to about 2:15 mark.
              Max Muscle
              5020 Katella Ave.
              Los Alamitos, CA 90720
              www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                It seems a lot of your pressing is in front of your head, why not a behind the neck press? Smith behind the neck presses would allow for nice variation.
                My gym doesn't have a smith machine. I've had some shoulder problems in the past too. That's why I don't do behind the neck presses.

I might try the isolateral DB upright row that theroymccoy suggested. I never thought of upright row as a good DC exercise, but that variation looks like it could work.

Comment

Working...
                X