3 Days Per Week Arm Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Days Per Week Arm Training

Just about to finish up a 9 month long DC run (yes with the needed 'breaks' along the way) and going to 'cruise' with something different for 3 months before I load up and fire away again.

My DC run has been quite successful. Started at 190#'s in August 2012 to my 230# present.

Interesting video I saw today. Of a former Mr. California BB'er.

In the video ... he explains how his arms always sucked until he started 'pumping and squeezing' them 3x per week.

He mentions how loads of guys in prison train their arms every day and when they leave prison they all have 20" arms. (love those prison BB'ing references....it is like going to prison becomes 'case study' of some bodybuilding theories)

Anyways....I am toying with the idea of keeping my M-W-F training schedule.

And during my 'cruise'.....training arms 3 days per week.

Of course.....chest, back, shoulders, legs will be divided out and trained also, but only once per week.

According to Mr. California (you all will have to forgive me, I did not catch this mass monsters name....) there is no such thing as 'over training'.....ahem...well......anyways

Bottom line is that for a short period of time....I may just try it.

I don't have anything to lose. And curing the cruise I will just be going thru the motions (sort of) anyways.

thoughts or ideas or even better, anybody with any experience with this idea?
    I train Dogg Crapp. When not training DC ... sometimes I train arms 3x to 5x per week. Sometimes I train 'modified dogg crapp' which includes an 'arms only' day.

Hope this wasn't a Rich Piana video... arms are awfully suspicious in the oil department.

Comment

Ha Ha......yeah.......that is who the cat was........

Well that is kind of obvious my friend.......dude has oil everywhere and every type
      I train Dogg Crapp. When not training DC ... sometimes I train arms 3x to 5x per week. Sometimes I train 'modified dogg crapp' which includes an 'arms only' day.

Comment

Just do this. He has 22" arms and is all natural.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHiKDa4ip_Q

Comment

"There is no such thing as overtraining; only undereating." -Trey Brewer

I know for me it wouldn't work (tried it out...nothing really happened except me getting tired lol) but try it out and let me know what you figure out!
          Max Muscle
          5020 Katella Ave.
          Los Alamitos, CA 90720
          www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

If Trey was right, his calves wouldnt be so weak.

I love cliches in bodybuilding.

Skip

sent from Skip's Galaxy Note

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Brewer's legs look so silly and disproportioned in that pic it's as if he's trying to fuel the general publics perception of bodybuilders.
              Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

I can only speak for myself, but my arms recover very fast and I can train them hard EOD. And the more I train them(well the more frequently I can train anything) the bigger they get.

A good split is chest/back/calves, quads/hams, arms/calves, off, repeat.
                That way you hit big muscles twice a week and little ones 4 times. Twice indirectly and twice directly. Works really well.
                Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

This might be relevant

"If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                    You mean this?

Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
                    Just do this. He has 22" arms and is all natural.

Comment

How about no direct arm work? If you did dc they got hit 3 days a week direct and indirect

Comment

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
                        How about no direct arm work? If you did dc they got hit 3 days a week direct and indirect
                        Dc has given me solid gains over the last 7+ months

But its all 'one, two punch' type gains in arms

I am now looking for the KNOCKOUT!!!

I posted my before pic up on another board and actually started a contest there

I taped up with at tight taught cold measurement at 17.5" today

Contest entries have to be in by march 13 and contest after pics have to be in by april 13

There may be a prize for the winner but that is yet to be determined

Did my first workout today and my foresight at this point is that it will be the best 4 week gain period for arms i have ever had

I am sure you can find yhe contest on your own so dont ask me where it is at

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          I can only speak for myself, but my arms recover very fast and I can train them hard EOD. And the more I train them(well the more frequently I can train anything) the bigger they get.

A good split is chest/back/calves, quads/hams, arms/calves, off, repeat.
                          That way you hit big muscles twice a week and little ones 4 times. Twice indirectly and twice directly. Works really well.
                          At the expense of your pressing and pulling weights? Are your chest and back lagging? I ask because it doesn't do much good if your arms are good but your chest and back aren't.

If you can recover as a natty after training arms 4 times a week (2 directly and 2 indirectly) then you have an amazing recovery ability - better than 90% of the unnatural guys that I have trained in the last 15 years.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: @intensemuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by DaveEboy View Post
                            Dc has given me solid gains over the last 7+ months

But its all 'one, two punch' type gains in arms

I am now looking for the KNOCKOUT!!!

I posted my before pic up on another board and actually started a contest there

I taped up with at tight taught cold measurement at 17.5" today

Contest entries have to be in by march 13 and contest after pics have to be in by april 13

There may be a prize for the winner but that is yet to be determined

Did my first workout today and my foresight at this point is that it will be the best 4 week gain period for arms i have ever had

I am sure you can find yhe contest on your own so dont ask me where it is at
                            I couldn't give two shits about the contest, I have 18.5" arms and I rarely work them directly other than hammer curls and band pressdowns. What do you squat bench and deadlift that's what I care about.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
                              I couldn't give two shits about the contest, I have 18.5" arms and I rarely work them directly other than hammer curls and band pressdowns. What do you squat bench and deadlift that's what I care about.
                              You would not have won anyways. So it is good that you don't care.

Some people like a contest. Can be fun. It's for those folks.

Not so much for genetically gifted dudes who did not perhaps have to work as hard as an ectomorph to get those guns up to par.

Coincidentally enough....I very much agree with you.

I seriously care about the squat bench and DL.

Comment

Working...
                              X