dc 2 ways split over 4 days instead of 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dc 2 ways split over 4 days instead of 5

Is it possible to do the 2 ways split, training 3 times a week over 4 days instead of 5.
    Because of my work schedule I can only go to the gym Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

I was thinking of doing:
    Friday: workout A
    Saturday: workout B
    Sunday: off
    Monday: workout A
    Tuesday: off
    Wednesday: off
    Thursday: off
    Friday: workout B

Is it necessary to have a day off between workouts on a 2 ways split?

thanks

Why do you feel you should be training DC? What is you prior training history? What kinds of programs have you done? How old are you?

Why can't you train in the morning before work? What kind of job do you have that makes you unable to train Tuesday - Thursday?

If your work schedule does not allow for you to train DC properly, then I would advise against doing DC, but that is just me....Let's see what other's have to say.

I would look into other training programs that would suit your situation better.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by fferron123 View Post
      Is it possible to do the 2 ways split, training 3 times a week over 4 days instead of 5.
      Because of my work schedule I can only go to the gym Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

I was thinking of doing:

thanks

That's perfect. Do that.
      Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Hate to be a prick... but there really is no excuse for days you can't train. Obviously your priorities are different than others that take the sport seriously. Just my thoughts on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 13B-T View Post
          Hate to be a prick... but there really is no excuse for days you can't train. Obviously your priorities are different than others that take the sport seriously. Just my thoughts on it.
          Hell yeah. Recovery is for bitches.
          Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

You've successfully combined ignorance and arrogance. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
              That's perfect. Do that.
              Lee - Can you elaborate on why you feel this split is "perfect" if he wants to do DC as compared to another form of training?
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by FRANK_KOVACIC View Post
                You've successfully combined ignorance and arrogance. Well done.
                Not saying no excuse to train everyday like other has quoted... I'm saying if your serious about lifting and want optimal results you need to make it a priority and move your schedule around it.

This doesn't mean train everyday... but if it comes down to going to the movies with a friend on a training day... I'll be training. Or say too tired after work...? Wake up early and get your workout in.

I've worked 1st, 2nd, 3rd and even weekend shift in the past two years and have not missed one scheduled workout day. Along with being a father with 50/50 split custody in which I have him 3.5 days of the week EVERY week.

Comment

I'm with mental here and I'll say if you can't do it the way it's laid down then don't do it. I had many unsucesfull attempts trying to modify DC training and it just doens't work. Do it the way it's laid.

But feel free to post your schedule and why you can/cannot train on these days etc.

Maybe we can help you set something from there
                  "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Not saying no excuse to train everyday like other has quoted... I'm saying if your serious about lifting and want optimal results you need to make it a priority and move your schedule around it.

This doesn't mean train everyday... but if it comes down to going to the movies with a friend on a training day... I'll be training. Or say too tired after work...? Wake up early and get your workout in.

I've worked 1st, 2nd, 3rd and even weekend shift in the past two years and have not missed one scheduled workout day. Along with being a father with 50/50 split custody in which I have him 3.5 days of the week EVERY week.
                    Really. You have no idea of what his schedules like and the reason behind his question. 3.5 day a week u have custody? Wow, so for the rest of the week you have what responsibilities? Sure, we can come up with excuses to get out of training and sometimes we need to kick yourself in the ass and quit the BS and get to work. But to be so cocky and to make such a blanket statement as you have, well lets just mark it down as a brain fart.
                    "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                    2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                    2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                    2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                    2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                    2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                      kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                        Lee - Can you elaborate on why you feel this split is "perfect" if he wants to do DC as compared to another form of training?
                        Because he asks "Is it necessary to have a day off between workouts on a 2 way split."

That tells me he is obviously well read on DC training and more than capable of having back to back workouts.

Or I was being sarcastic because I think it's a terrible idea.
                        Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
                          Because he asks "Is it necessary to have a day off between workouts on a 2 way split."

That tells me he is obviously well read on DC training and more than capable of having back to back workouts.

Or I was being sarcastic because I think it's a terrible idea.
                          Thank you for clarifying sir. Hey, this is Internet world, it's tough to tell if you are serious.

If you want my opinion, I'd say start breeding badgers. Wrestling with those fellas is one hell of a workout.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by fferron123 View Post

I was thinking of doing:

thanks
                            You could certainly develop a training split to accommodate your schedule. Due to the recovery required for DC training it is not optimal in your situation.

Could you do it? Sure you can do whatever you want but you will most likely end up stagnating very fast and/or over trained.
                            Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

LOL yup you have your priorities straight. Best of luck to you on your quest for a pro card.
                              Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                              FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                              www.316fit.com
                              Email: [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X