Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please review my basic DC template.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Please review my basic DC template.

    I was kindly advised by Big Ross to post my basic template for DC training for further evaluation. Would be great if you could have a quick look and raise any issues.


    I am doing the A B split. The only variation is that I am not allowing a weekend/two full day breaks. I am training every 48 hours consistently.

    1A
    Chest - High Incline Smith Press
    Shoulders - Standing Barbell Press
    Triceps - Barbell RGBP
    Back Width - Close grip Lat Pulldowns
    Back Thickness - Barbell Rows

    1B
    Biceps - Standing Barbell Curls
    Forearms - Reverse Barbell Curls
    Calves - Seated Raises
    Hamstrings - Barbell SLDL (from deficit)
    Quads - 45° Leg Press (upper narrow stance)

    1A
    Chest -Flat Barbell Press
    Shoulders - Seated Hammer Press
    Triceps - Barbell CGBP
    Back Width - Wide grip Lat Pulldowns
    Back Thickness - Deadlifts

    2B
    Biceps - Seated close grip E-Z bar Preacher Curls
    Forearms - Barbell Wrist Curls
    Calves - Standing Smith Raises on Platform
    Hamstrings - 45° Sumo Press
    Quads - Box Back Squats

    2A
    Chest - Incline Dumbbell Press
    Shoulders - Seated Smith Press
    Triceps - OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS
    Back Width - Medium grip Reverse Lat Pulldowns
    Back Thickness - T-Bar Rows

    2B
    Biceps - Seated Machine Preacher Curls
    Forearms - Cable Rope Hammer Curls
    Calves - Standing Raises
    Hamstrings - Lying Curls
    Quads - Front Squats



    The first four sesssions are already completed, link to journal > http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...34#post1008534

    therefore, I am willing to stick with these until I reach a plateau.

    I am open to suggestions for the last two sessions as they are yet to take place.

    Regarding the rep range, I understand that the rest-pause training follows a minimum of 12 reps and a maximum of 20 reps. Is this correct?

    For leg pressing and hack squatting the rep range is 4-8 followed by another set of 8-12. Correct?
    Squats are 4-8 reps followed by 20 rep set?

    How is the rep range for triceps? rest-paused? Should you perform a static for triceps?
    Last edited by Muscle Demon; 01-04-2013, 12:36 PM.

  • #2
    A) Have you read the stickies?

    B) What are your rep ranges?

    C) Have you considered repeated stress on the same bodyparts and blast longevity?

    D) Do you have adequate variety of movements (overall and within each training session)?

    E) Are you utilizing various rep ranges?

    F) Are the exercising you are using well suited for DC training?

    G) Where did you read the that the rep range should be between 12-20 reps?

    H) Again, please revisit the stickies.

    If you need further, more personalized guidance, homonunculus is your go-to guy
    Last edited by mentalflex; 01-04-2013, 01:30 PM.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

    Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

    2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

    Comment


    • #3
      Flat barbell press? Definately read the stickies. As mental pointed out, and this is no offense to you I sre a lot of potential problems. Also, if you are serious about DC hire Scott. The money will be well spent . You will save yourself a ton of time and money in the long haul.
      1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
      2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
      2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
      2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
      2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
      2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

      Truenutrition.com
      Use Discount Code AMJ

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
        A) Have you read the stickies?

        B) What are your rep ranges?

        C) Have you considered repeated stress on the same bodyparts and blast longevity?

        D) Do you have adequate variety of movements (overall and within each training session)?

        E) Are you utilizing various rep ranges?

        F) Are the exercising you are using well suited for DC training?

        G) Where did you read the that the rep range should be between 12-20 reps?

        H) Again, please revisit the stickies.

        If you need further, more personalized guidance, homonunculus is your go-to guy

        I have read the main stickies to formulate this basic template although not all of them. Their is a lot of information I will be going through in the next few days.
        The rest-pausing sets between 12-20 reps I presume I picked up from 'DC Training Manual: Introduction to Philosophy'. I understood that you need a minimum of 12 reps and a maximum of 20. I believe Dante mentioned he always goes for at least +2reps every exercise or adds weight on.

        I believe I picked correct exercises which you can progress on long-term. Most exercises I picked are compound exercises with longevity in mind.
        I intend to revist the stickies and learn as much as possible. Back to the drawing board whilst I continue training.

        Why is it that flat barbell pressing is frowned upon? Injury risk? It's a staple weight-lifting compound exercise. I thought it would be ideal.
        Last edited by Muscle Demon; 01-05-2013, 03:24 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Doberman View Post
          Flat barbell press? Definately read the stickies. As mental pointed out, and this is no offense to you I sre a lot of potential problems. Also, if you are serious about DC hire Scott. The money will be well spent . You will save yourself a ton of time and money in the long haul.
          Thank you Doberman, I will re-read the stickies. Once I understand why flat barbell press is to be avoided I will remove it from my routine and find a suitable substitute.

          I am currently a student and my budget is hugely restricted this year so I couldn't even consider paying for professional guidance. I will keep it in mind it for the day I am overwhelmed by money (If I start studying that is )
          Last edited by Muscle Demon; 01-05-2013, 03:45 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Muscle Demon View Post
            I have read the main stickies to formulate this basic template although not all of them. Their is a lot of information I will be going through in the next few days.
            Based on what you proposed it is pretty obvious you haven't read through all of the stickies in the Dogg Pound and Puppy Pound. JUmping into a program without first learning the "hows" and "whys" is like trying to fly a plane without having any lessons.

            Originally posted by Muscle Demon View Post
            The rest-pausing sets between 12-20 reps I presume I picked up from 'DC Training Manual: Introduction to Philosophy'. I understood that you need a minimum of 12 reps and a maximum of 20. I believe Dante mentioned he always goes for at least +2reps every exercise or adds weight on.
            Exercises have their own unique rep ranges based on the individual, which is just one reason why DC is for experienced trainees who understand how particular muscles respond to various rep ranges and the most effective exercises within given rep ranges.

            Originally posted by Muscle Demon View Post
            I believe I picked correct exercises which you can progress on long-term. Most exercises I picked are compound exercises with longevity in mind.
            I intend to revist the stickies and learn as much as possible. Back to the drawing board whilst I continue training.
            I think you should re-think this. Just ONE example, do you really think you are going to make continuous progress with SLDLs and deadlifts in consecutive training sessions? Do you no think your lower back will be put under excessive stress?

            These are the kind of things you need to consider when laying out your blast.

            Originally posted by Muscle Demon View Post
            Why is it that flat barbell pressing is frowned upon? Injury risk? It's a staple weight-lifting compound exercise. I thought it would be ideal.
            If you read the stickies you would understand this...and the search function is a GREAT tool.
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

            Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

            2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

            Comment


            • #7
              My immediate reaction/thought is that you seem condescending and are judging me to be a complete amatuer/buffoon. This is suprising as my responses are clearly attentive, well-measured and humble. I will prove your pre-conceived expectations to be false. As I mentioned I aim to read all the stickies in entirety and I will progress well. It is certainly difficult to transcend emotion from text although I read between the lines and this was the natural response I felt the urge to type.
              I do understand the principles ('hows & whys') of the programme yet I am not fully fledged yet, hence I am posting in the 'puppy pound' forum. I am in the first two weeks of the routine so one would expect some re-adjustment and petitioning for assistance rather then a tirade.
              Yes, exercises do have their own unique rep range which is why I expressed that my planned rep range will alter for the larger compund exercises. Yes, I am highly confident I will make long-term progress on the SLDL and deadlift; be it a small increment of weight or an extra rep per session. With an ongoing bodyweight increase and influx of nutrients I can envision this.

              I don't want to cause conflict, I felt the need to justify my position in good measure to your response... Thanks for your understanding. I will go forward and find the answers to the questions I had myself.
              Last edited by Muscle Demon; 01-05-2013, 05:03 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Mental was helping you man. If you go and read like he suggested, you wont need to really have all these questions you laid out answered. There was someone on IM who posted his interest in DC and stated he would learn the program inside and out before starting it, even if it took him a couple months. You on the other hand, jumped right into it, and you are now trying to learn how to do it. Listen to Metal.

                Originally posted by Muscle Demon View Post
                My immediate reaction/thought is that you seem condescending and are judging me to be a complete amatuer/buffoon. This is suprising as my responses are clearly attentive, well-measured and humble. I will prove your pre-conceived expectations to be false. As I mentioned I aim to read all the stickies in entirety and I will progress well. It is certainly difficult to transcend emotion from text although I read between the lines and this was the natural response I felt the urge to type.
                I do understand the principles ('hows & whys') of the programme yet I am not fully fledged yet, hence I am posting in the 'puppy pound' forum. I am in the first two weeks of the routine so one would expect some re-adjustment and petitioning for assistance rather then a tirade.
                Yes, exercises do have their own unique rep range which is why I expressed that my planned rep range will alter for the larger compund exercises. Yes, I am highly confident I will make long-term progress on the SLDL and deadlift; be it a small increment of weight or an extra rep per session. With an ongoing bodyweight increase and influx of nutrients I can envision this.

                I don't want to cause conflict, I felt the need to justify my position in good measure to your response... Thanks for your understanding. I will go forward and find the answers to the questions I had myself.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Herculeus View Post
                  Mental was helping you man. If you go and read like he suggested, you wont need to really have all these questions you laid out answered. There was someone on IM who posted his interest in DC and stated he would learn the program inside and out before starting it, even if it took him a couple months. You on the other hand, jumped right into it, and you are now trying to learn how to do it. Listen to Metal.
                  Ok ,that's fair, yes he was trying to help. I just felt abashed with a rhetorical notion of 'go away and read the stickies'.
                  It is an overstatement to say I jumped right in to it and I did a fair amount of background reading and primed myself with a basic comprehension of the programme allowing a suitable start.
                  I am currently at a walking pace and in a few weeks I will be running.

                  Please excuse my initial contemptuousness.
                  Last edited by Muscle Demon; 01-05-2013, 06:24 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I know what you mean, as when I first joined this site, I did the same thing. Then I decided to sit back and soak all the information I could. Once I bought the DVD, spent numerous hours on here, I posted a layout of my DC workout, and asked those to see how it looks. Some critiques were made here and there but I didnt have to ask much.

                    You must understand that the questions you have asked have been asked over and over again. So to everyone else on here that sees repeated questions, they suggest to go read the stickies.

                    Reading a fair amount doesnt mean you understand it completely. Everyone here is just trying to help so dont take it personal my friend.

                    PS: You have to stop using these big words lol, you should come take the GRE for me, so much damn vocabulary! Ha!

                    Originally posted by Muscle Demon View Post
                    Ok ,that's fair, yes he was trying to help. I just felt abashed with a rhetorical notion of 'go away and read the stickies'.
                    It is an overstatement to say I jumped right in to it and I did a fair amount of background reading and primed myself with a basic comprehension of the programme allowing a suitable start.
                    I am currently at a walking pace and in a few weeks I will be running.

                    Please excuse my initial contemptuousness.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Herculeus View Post
                      Mental was helping you man. If you go and read like he suggested, you wont need to really have all these questions you laid out answered. There was someone on IM who posted his interest in DC and stated he would learn the program inside and out before starting it, even if it took him a couple months. You on the other hand, jumped right into it, and you are now trying to learn how to do it. Listen to Metal.
                      Thanks Hercules. You know I don't like to sugar coat things... Being condescending would be something completely different and what I stated should not be taken as such.

                      From the general layout and exercise selection it was clear that the stickies have not been read and it is very difficult to help if the individual has not taken the time to read through the reasoning and methodology of DC training.

                      To the OP, I'm am no guru, but I have worked with Scott for over a year and a half and have completely immersed myself in learning about DC training and live the tried and true protocols of DC. The stickies are there for a reason and a lot of thought has been put into the way DC should be laid out. Give the stickies and DC the respect they deserve.
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                      Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                      2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nobody's goal here is to be condescending. DC is an elite training regimen for people who are well prepared and disciplined. We are here to support you and guide you, provide you guide and support yourself prior to beginning the program. It's a great program if you do your research and adhere to the guidelines. Trust them and take their word for it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          After some further reading I have seen the errors I have made in exercise selection, rep range and motion. I have traits of overeagerness and self-assurance which had a negative impact on this occasion.
                          I imigine in your position it would be frustrating to come across a stream of individuals who have to be constantly reprimanded to go over the fundamentals of the routine again.

                          I now have a more complete grasp of the routine and I have made adjustments in preparation for the commencement of week three tomorrow. I will rally and surmount a reinvigorated charge.

                          I will be defiant in preserving the flat barbell press. The jeopardy of injury is mine to take.
                          Last edited by Muscle Demon; 01-09-2013, 11:23 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Muscle Demon View Post
                            After some further reading I have seen the errors I have made in exercise selection, rep range and motion. I have traits of overeagerness and self-assurance which had a negative impact on this occasion.
                            I imigine in your position it would be frustrating to come across a stream of individuals who have to be constantly reprimanded to go over the fundamentals of the routine again.

                            I now have a more complete grasp of the routine and I have made adjustments in preparation for the commencement of week three tomorrow. I will rally and surmount a reinvigorated charge.
                            I will be defiant in preserving the flat barbell press. The jeopardy of injury is mine to take.
                            So do you now take back the comments about me being condescending and see that I was just pointing you in the right direction so you can fully grasp what DC training is all about?

                            I'm glad you actually took the time to read the stickies and came to the conclusions you did on your own.

                            From the highlighted in bold: I nearly shit my pants laughing at that statement...I don't know if you are trying to be funny or are serious, but it cracked me up! I like your posts
                            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

                            Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

                            2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                            2015 Beat Cancer!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Mental, wasn't there a thread made for guys eager to get on DC by Sammich? I thought it was DC like incoporating intensity techniques, stretches etc. but not flat out DC. MD may benefit from reading/trying something like that first....
                              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

                              - Success is the best revenge

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X