soreness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soreness?

just wondering how sore everyone gets doing dc? i get sore in all muscles except for chest. I am still progressing on all lifts by 2.5-5 kg each rotation but my chest just isnt sore and tight the day after like it was when doing a more traditional 12 set chest routine. my chest ex's at moment are inc dumb press, inc bnch and flat bench (i know ive been warned plenty). i take each rest pause to complete failure. anyone else have same problem of not getting sore?

Don't let muscle soreness be the end all be all in determining if your workout was successful. If you are adding that kind of weight each rotation that's huge. Are your negatives slow and controlled? Are you finishing each exercise with a negative movement? Are you using the extreme stretches and holding for 60 seconds? If your doing all those things and adding weight each workout your muscles will have no choice but to grow, remember DC training focuses on strength gains over muscle pump and soreness.

Comment

Originally posted by sykedtotrain View Post
      just wondering how sore everyone gets doing dc? i get sore in all muscles except for chest. I am still progressing on all lifts by 2.5-5 kg each rotation but my chest just isnt sore and tight the day after like it was when doing a more traditional 12 set chest routine. my chest ex's at moment are inc dumb press, inc bnch and flat bench (i know ive been warned plenty). i take each rest pause to complete failure. anyone else have same problem of not getting sore?
      ok if it was me id swap out your flat bench with flat bumbell presses and then swap yer incline dumbell with incline smith bench, and do not worry bout soreness cus it doesnt determen that yer growing.

Comment

I'm not an expert on DC training. I have trained with it and many other programs. I'm currently working with John Meadows so I understand soreness. But with the inclusion of foam rolling, stretching, and proper Intra workout nutrition I don't ever get sore anymore. The point is you don't have to gauge your progress on soreness. The log book is your measuring stick and from what you are saying it's moving up. That's all that matters.
        1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
        2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
        2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
        2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
        2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
        2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Im sore as heck within 12 hours, then half that 12 hrs later, and 48 hrs after, no soreness... too many factors to look at, diet, SLEEP, stretching, etc. But like others said, dont let that determine of the workout was a success. Long as u keep beating the logbook!!!
          When a farmer plants barley, he doesnt expect wheat or corn to grow does he? So if you plant negative thoughts of failure in your mind, what would you expect to grow? Make sure you plant prosperous and positive crops!

Comment

There isn't any scientific evidence out there that correlates muscle soreness with muscle gain/hypertrophy.

Comment

recently walked alongside a baling machine ALL day and loaded bales of hay onto a flatbed. started out lifting them about three feet high onto the truck but as it got fully loaded I was lifting them about seven feet high. try that all day long and see if you get sore.

Comment

Its crazy how just simply using glutamine and creatine hcl intraworkout has significantly decreased my DOMS. Im sure theres better things but for my budget it has done wonders for me.
                When a farmer plants barley, he doesnt expect wheat or corn to grow does he? So if you plant negative thoughts of failure in your mind, what would you expect to grow? Make sure you plant prosperous and positive crops!

Comment

Better than ranch dressing???!!!
                  SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

(post 2)
                    What other users have said, I think the correlation between soreness and results means nothing. If you beat your log book that is all you should be concerned about. If anything not being sore is a blessing. Your 1 measuring stick is the log book don't pay heed (sp?) to anything else, eat, sleep and get on with your day. I would bet if you spontaneously decided to run 10k right now your legs would be all kinds of sore for a week but not stronger. You're conditioned to the type of work and this saves you from pain but with static holds, extreme stretches, controlled negatives, 2g/lb of bw protein intake, you are forcing your body to adapt in the direction you want (bigger) #stimulatedon'tannihilate

Comment

I get super sore from my DC workouts on just about every bodypart except delts. A buddy of mine just started DC with me over the last month and is amazed at how sore he gets from the small volume. He says he have never been this sore in his life and he's been lifting for about 4 yrs consistently now.

Comment

I have using been MG's powdered muscle and it has been amazing helping me with soreness and recovery. I am on my second jug of it and I accidentally left it at home one day last week and didn't have it for one of my training sessions. I was very sore the next day from not using it. I will never lift without it now.

Comment

I generally tend to get sore while doing decline. The rest of the bench exercises don't seem to make me as sore.

Comment

Also a solid BCAA drink intra workout works wonders as well

Comment

Working...
                            X